I recommend Tour Guide Mike !!!

I used TGM for our trip 2 years ago and really did well with his advice, although I found the site a little confusing. Using the site took lots of reading and planning too. I was thinking about signing up for UG touring plans this time ~ can anyone compare the two? I kind of want an easy way to plan our trip this summer, but I'm afraid to venture away from TGM because we did so well last time!

I have been thinking of subscribing to TGM. I know it sounds weird, but I felt a little uncomfortable giving him my address and the dates I would be gone on vacation. Should I worry about giving out this information?
Mike will not burglarize you. Nor will his helpers.

Soooooooo, what you're saying is that if I'm a crazy and sign up now for our August 2008 trip, that would be an ok idea? :)

Another loyal follower! I've followed his advice for my past two trips and sign up again and again simply for his best park on which days advice.

Oh... and I signed up last November for my December 2008 trip. It's never too early to start planning!!! :thumbsup2

I have been checking out the TGM web site... and I am either slow or not getting it...

is there some place that is an example fo what info you are getting when ya sign up, example pages, etc.

do you input data and it spits out an iten?

Over and over it states "isn't this great it is just what you were looking for" but never tells me what I found.

If someone has an example, or can better explain how it works... so far I find the site confusing.

I have been checking out the TGM web site... and I am either slow or not getting it...

is there some place that is an example fo what info you are getting when ya sign up, example pages, etc.

do you input data and it spits out an iten?

Over and over it states "isn't this great it is just what you were looking for" but never tells me what I found.

If someone has an example, or can better explain how it works... so far I find the site confusing.

When you first sign up ,there will be some questions asking for your preferences. After that,follow these directions or just do this first.

1. Sign in

2. On the next page,scroll down a little and click on your month's express planner-if it's not there yet,just click on a month to get the idea.

3.Your month will open. There are a few categories. Click on the Least crowded parks title.

4.It will open to a page that explains Mike's system. Scroll down until you see your dates and the least crowded park/day.

5. On the left hand side of the page is a section with Mike's sample tours.

6. Click on a park and it gives you a few touring plans,choose the best one for your family.

This is how I always start my plan for each trip and then I read all the rest of the stuff on his site.

Good luck and happy planning!

We just used TGM for our trip and it was awesome. Dead on about best parks to do on what day-went against advice once and regretted it.
Park tour plans are great-never waited more than 10 mins.
Also advice about where to sit for parades was awesome!!

TGM vs UG:

I have subscriptions to both. I prefer TGM. UG is very commando style to me. TGM says "here's my philosophy, now build your own tour plan". He does give great sample tours that worked so much better for me than the UG's. I got more out of TGM's site. I like the photo tours, his reasonings for or against booking certain dining packages, I love the best days calendar, the December Vacation Club's boards, and just the tricks he teaches you. I like that I can set up reminders and customise my list of restaurants to the ones I'm going to. I love his focus on the "best of the best" philosophy. UG does not review the restaurants on the website like TGM, but the UG book brutally goes over the restaurants! :lmao:

I found the TGM website very confusing at first. In fact the first week I had it, I thought I had wasted $20. I finally realised when on the first page it says "read this explanation of your planner first" that I had to do just that. With an investment of an hour, I figured out how to unlock the large volume of articles and info you get. In one article he unlocked the tour planning conundrum I was having: how to do EPCOT with my parents and child.

I'm sold on it and for less than $30 you could always try both. HTH!

I am planning a trip to WDW during the dreaded worst week to visit (Dec 21st -Jan 3rd) after reading all the "stay away unless you are crazy" posts, I wonder if i should just forget about it:confused3 , however someone mentioned TGM and i was wondering has anyone used him during this time and did his tour plan work. I would love to see WDW during christmas and this is the only time i can go, i don't expect to do everything we usually do, but i would like to get on a few rides, see the parades and do some dining, can you please help me decide whether or not his advice might work (please tell me it does:) )

I am planning a trip to WDW during the dreaded worst week to visit (Dec 21st -Jan 3rd) after reading all the "stay away unless you are crazy" posts, I wonder if i should just forget about it:confused3 , however someone mentioned TGM and i was wondering has anyone used him during this time and did his tour plan work. I would love to see WDW during christmas and this is the only time i can go, i don't expect to do everything we usually do, but i would like to get on a few rides, see the parades and do some dining, can you please help me decide whether or not his advice might work (please tell me it does:) )

We went during Thanksgiving and just Mike's red/yellow/green guide for which days to visit which parks was more than worth the price of the subscription.

we are going at the end of January (a very quiet time). I have UG and *****************. We have planned around the best days/worst days calender there. Will TGM give any further insight, and will it really be relevant for a trip during "quiet time"? I'm hoping for small crowds and short lines anyway, so not certain it will be worth the $$ spent.

I have used TGM many times since 2005 when we were at WDW for Christmas week and it was my CA nephews first trip to the World. I will soon be renewing for 2008. I too think the Best Days info is worth the subscription alone. Even with that endorsement, I think the site takes some time getting used to -- you do need to read the "How to get the Most of your AVP article". I'm not sure you have enough time to us the site to its best if your trip is in January, but strongly encourage you to subscribe for your next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter