I really need your help! Gift idea?

BWVDenise

I believe in something, I just don't know what it
dd's friend's mother is having herself baptized next month and has asked us to a brunch following the church service. I don't think that she would have a "favorite religious bookstore" or anything like that, she just wanted to be baptized since her husband and son are (it isn't like a born-again thing or anything like that-- not that there is anything wrong with that, I'm just trying to paint a clearer picture...) I am not a religious person myself and I have NO idea what to give her as a gift. What would be appropriate but not.... you know... umm, oh heck, I don't know how to put it:rolleyes:
Any suggestions???

I don't have anything specific to help you. I can tell you that my son received a nice ceramic Precious Moments crucifix at his baptism (he was an infant), and a nice framed picture of a guardian angel standing guard over a child in bed. My daughter (as an infant)received the same ceramic crucifix - in pink- and I can't remember what else her grandma's gave her. If you go to like a Hallmark Store or something like that, they usually have a lot of nice things for baptisms, confirmations, etc.

Maybe the only thing that is needed though is a card congratulating your friend on this occasion.

Good luck.

A nice set of rosary beads is always a good gift,along with a little card about how to say the rosary, a crucifix is always nice, an angel statue or maybe a statue of the Blessed Mother or, if your friend's mother's name is a saint's name, get a statue of that saint.

I'd say a gift certificate to a religious book store, maybe one in a mall, would be appropriate even if she is not too sure of her faith. Obviously she's thinking about it if she's made the decision to be baptized and may enjoy some reading material of her own choice. Most Christian book stores have gift items etc too, so she could find something she is comfortable with.

What about a nice photo frame for her to perhaps place a photo of her baptism in?

Does she have a garden or yard? How about a nice plant to put in to commemorate her event? Around here azaeleas (sp) are nice. Or perhaps just a nice house plant. Anything you bring her will mean a lot, it is a pretty personal event.

I like the idea of a plant or just something to enjoy such as a relaxing CD or something like that. And then you could get her a card that is more about the actual event.

I would think, especially since you aren't sure of her denomination, you may want to avoid religiousy gifts.

I think a nice touch would be a little prayer card you could include in the card. ;)

I think you can treat it like any special occasion. Since she is an adult I think you can get her a gift certificate to someplace she likes.

I think that a plant or gift certificate are great ideas. Something with an angel on it is also a nice idea. How about a charm with the date inscribed on it? You did not say she was catholic so I think the crucifix or rosary bead may not be right for her.

When my neice was baptised we got her a little church from Department 56 the New England series. Her mom had started her on the collection. She was only at the time but is is something she will have later on.

You all are amazing. Thanks a bunch. I wrote down some of the ideas so I can look for things when I'm out. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter