I Purchased Memory Maker...now I have questions...

matt1979

Mouseketeer
So when I went through the purchase of memory maker...it brought up a few questions.

1) I was given the option of shipping my purchase or doing will call. Since we arrive Wednesday, I did will call. But...I thought this would all be linked to our MBs. Is there anything physical I need to pick up? Or anyone I need to see to activate it? Or is that selection just a remnant of the old system where there was a physical card associated with MM?

2) I linked my MM purchase to my account. But I was only given the option to link it to one person on the reservation. I was under the impression that all in my party/reservation would be linked to the MM via MB and could scan their magic bands when having their photo taken. Is this incorrect? Will only one person be linked and therefore have to be present for all photos?

3) Photos from rides...how exactly will I find these? How does the system know which exact picture from the ride is of me/my party and belongs with my account and not with some other random stranger?

I'm sure at least one of those questions is a repeat...so my apologies. Thanks in advance for the responses!

So when I went through the purchase of memory maker...it brought up a few questions. 1) I was given the option of shipping my purchase or doing will call. Since we arrive Wednesday, I did will call. But...I thought this would all be linked to our MBs. Is there anything physical I need to pick up? Or anyone I need to see to activate it? Or is that selection just a remnant of the old system where there was a physical card associated with MM? 2) I linked my MM purchase to my account. But I was only given the option to link it to one person on the reservation. I was under the impression that all in my party/reservation would be linked to the MM via MB and could scan their magic bands when having their photo taken. Is this incorrect? Will only one person be linked and therefore have to be present for all photos? 3) Photos from rides...how exactly will I find these? How does the system know which exact picture from the ride is of me/my party and belongs with my account and not with some other random stranger? I'm sure at least one of those questions is a repeat...so my apologies. Thanks in advance for the responses!
2: only one person can download photos. Anyone can collect them but the memory maker you linked is the only one who can download.

3: you bring the ride number from the monitor to the kiosk and have then add it. It doesn't get added automatically. You aren't charged but you still need to visit the kiosk.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2: only one person can download photos. Anyone can collect them but the memory maker you linked is the only one who can download.

3: you bring the ride number from the monitor to the kiosk and have then add it. It doesn't get added automatically. You aren't charged but you still need to visit the kiosk.

Thanks for clearing that on up! I probably would've breezed past the kiosks under the assumption the pictures would automatically show up...then felt like an idiot later. Glad I asked!

check out this link- a lot of your questions should be able to be answered here, Good luck!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3226275

Thanks...I read through the thread but I'm just as confused if not more confused. As I understand, as long as MM is linked in MDE then its active and ready to go?

I poked around on MDE and couldn't find anywhere that allows me to link all members in my party with MM. All I see is that it is assigned to my name because that's what I selected. Is it automatically linked to others on my reservation? Then we have my parents traveling under another reservation...how can I link them as well?

Then assuming I get all that figured out, the photographer just has to scan someone in my party's MB for the associated photo(s) to show up in my account?

Sorry...it all seemed so straightforward when I bought it...but now the more I read the more confused I get!

I read through the MDE help section on MM. This is what I got...as long as I have added those in my party in the Family and Friends section...I should be able to see and add any photos they have taken using their MB. The exception appears to be attractions/rides...only I can link those since MM is assigned to me. Do I have that right?

I read through the MDE help section on MM. This is what I got...as long as I have added those in my party in the Family and Friends section...I should be able to see and add any photos they have taken using their MB. The exception appears to be attractions/rides...only I can link those since MM is assigned to me. Do I have that right?

Somewhere on MDE everyone in your party has to allow all Friends and Family to view their photos. I wish I could remember exactly where that is; I'm sure someone here knows what I'm talking about.

Nope. Anyone can collect photos.

Memory maker is the ability to download photos. Only one person has that power. The rest of the mm traveling party can collect photos in any way they wish.

Somewhere on MDE everyone in your party has to allow all Friends and Family to view their photos. I wish I could remember exactly where that is; I'm sure someone here knows what I'm talking about.

Well I'm the only one with a MDE account. I linked both my and my parents reservations to my account...so they've automatically shown up on my friends and family list (as well as my wife and sons) but none of them has their own MDE account. None of them need to register for this to work properly, correct? It should all be linked to their MBs?

Nope. Anyone can collect photos.

Memory maker is the ability to download photos. Only one person has that power. The rest of the mm traveling party can collect photos in any way they wish. So now the question is...do they need to register for an actual MDE account, or will the pictures link to mine via their MB's?

But regarding attractions/rides...MDE says only the one with MM can link to these. So unless I'm reading it wrong...my wife couldn't use her MB to add it to her account where I can access it later. I have to link it directly to my account using my MB. Unless I'm reading this wrong (from MDE help section):

Q.
How do I link an attraction photo to my Disney account so that I am able to download it with my Memory Maker purchase?
A.
Immediately after you have experienced a participating attraction, please visit the attractions Sales Center and link the photo to your Disney account. You can link the photo using any MagicBand or card linked to your accountincluding Memory Maker cards and Disney PhotoPass Cards.

Attraction photos can only be linked to your Disney account if Memory Maker is assigned to you. Your family and friends cannot link attraction photos to their Disney account.

Am I making this more complicated than it needs to be? I just don't want to get there and find out I can't access pictures because something wasn't set up right...or lose out on the ride pictures because I did something wrong.

Well I'm the only one with a MDE account. I linked both my and my parents reservations to my account...so they've automatically shown up on my friends and family list (as well as my wife and sons) but none of them has their own MDE account. None of them need to register for this to work properly, correct? It should all be linked to their MBs? But regarding attractions/rides...MDE says only the one with MM can link to these. So unless I'm reading it wrong...my wife couldn't use her MB to add it to her account where I can access it later. I have to link it directly to my account using my MB. Unless I'm reading this wrong (from MDE help section): Am I making this more complicated than it needs to be? I just don't want to get there and find out I can't access pictures because something wasn't set up right...or lose out on the ride pictures because I did something wrong.

I have the same situation and similar questions. But my reading of the MDE rules is a bit different: it says any MB linked to your reservation can scan for the photos, not just your specific MB. So my mom, husband and kids, none of whom have their own MDE accounts, should all be able to scan attraction photos and they will show up in my MM account because their MBs are all part of the reservation under my MDE account.

That's my understanding, at least. Hope it's right or I'll be disappointed if we lose half our ride photos.

I have the same situation and similar questions. But my reading of the MDE rules is a bit different: it says any MB linked to your reservation can scan for the photos, not just your specific MB. So my mom, husband and kids, none of whom have their own MDE accounts, should all be able to scan attraction photos and they will show up in my MM account because their MBs are all part of the reservation under my MDE account. That's my understanding, at least. Hope it's right or I'll be disappointed if we lose half our ride photos.

I'd get cards as back ups just in case.

I have to say... MM is a bit of a mess right now IMO. I still love our photos, but I don't love that they lost all 3 Test Track photos (properly linked and even double checked). I did everything I reasonably could have to avoid problems... Back up cards and I always linked with my MB, but the system just isn't working great right now. I think the linked to the attraction photos are working the worst. I also lost a Buzz Lightyear and an EE. I cautiously optimistic they will find them though, it's just taking my time which annoys me.

I'd get cards as back ups just in case.

I have to say... MM is a bit of a mess right now IMO. I still love our photos, but I don't love that they lost all 3 Test Track photos (properly linked and even double checked). I did everything I reasonably could have to avoid problems... Back up cards and I always linked with my MB, but the system just isn't working great right now. I think the linked to the attraction photos are working the worst. I also lost a Buzz Lightyear and an EE. I cautiously optimistic they will find them though, it's just taking my time which annoys me.

Honestly this MM thing is the most confusing part of my trip...even more so than FP+. So the cards are the Photopass cards? I'm really don't know how those work or how they link to MM. I'm assuming I just get one from the photographer the first picture we get?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter