• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I Planned and God Laughed **NEW Pre-TR Link!!! p.13**

Wow the trip to Alaska sounds amazing. That is my dh dream trip too :lovestruc

You snuck in while I was replying ;) I might post the itinerary and maybe even planning info as I work it out. Even though it is so far away, it really is an enormous amount of planning! I thought Disney was bad :laughing:

Glad you enjoyed Via Napoli! We kind of had the same thing with them bringing us our food no more than 5 minutes after we ordered. Not that that's a problem just kind of surprising how fast it was!

Great F&GF pictures and that Tink bird bath is adorable!

YAY for your Alaska news!! That is on my list of "someday" trips for sure...
I hope you take pics of your vero beach excursion and share them!

Glad you enjoyed Via Napoli! We kind of had the same thing with them bringing us our food no more than 5 minutes after we ordered. Not that that's a problem just kind of surprising how fast it was!

Great F&GF pictures and that Tink bird bath is adorable!

Crazy, huh? I guess close to opening they aren't back up of course so they can get everything out quick. They weren't pushy though which is good. I'd rather quick than sloooow!

YAY for your Alaska news!! That is on my list of "someday" trips for sure...
I hope you take pics of your vero beach excursion and share them!

So excited! I will definitely take some Vero pics and share about the weekend!

You snuck in while I was replying ;) I might post the itinerary and maybe even planning info as I work it out. Even though it is so far away, it really is an enormous amount of planning! I thought Disney was bad :laughing:

I don't even want to think about that trip with the kids. We all keep saying well at least Walmart is right down the road from GKTW so we are okay if we forget something. As long as it isn't one of the meds :scared1:

I don't even want to think about that trip with the kids. We all keep saying well at least Walmart is right down the road from GKTW so we are okay if we forget something. As long as it isn't one of the meds :scared1:

I don't (obviously) have my own kids yet, but I have taken my niece and nephew many places sans parents (but with my mom) - Ireland, 2 weeks in Connecticut, Disney numerous times, a cruise (their parents were there for this one). Definitely much different than with just us adults! Alaska with the 6 of us should be an adventure to say the least :laughing:

Ahhh, another week gone by without an update from yours truly. This week was FCAT week. For those not in Florida, that is a standardized test that scares the bejeezus out of children all over the state as a lot of determines if they will move on to the next grade. I hate it but this is not the time or the place to discuss such things. Suffice to say, I was a proctor all week for this test and my schedule at work was completely messed up - which messes me up! I am a creature of habit and just felt off this week. The end of day 1 is finally comin up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had just made it back to the BC and changed into our bathing suits to hit the pool. We had a little harder time finding seats than yesterday but it was also later in the afternoon. The water was freezing again! But I forced myself in and had fun bouncing around the lazy river. It was also extra entertaining because lifeguards were doing training and “tests” “saving” people. There was also a very annoying pre-teen and her mother who felt the need to swim in the opposite direction of the lazy river. Honestly it was not that crowded and it was probably a good resistance work out, but this mom would swim halfway and then get out and walk along the edge watching her daughter. But the girl was not even watching where she was going – like it was her pool. I’m just thinking that if you are that big into swimming and want to stay in shape on vacation, don’t do your workout at the peak times people are using the pool. Just sayin’

At this time, it was about 4 when we were dried off and ready to head back upstairs. Our original plan was to head back to Epcot for dinner. So we changed and realized that we would be able to take advantage of the hot hors d’oeuvres in the lounge. They had mini spring rolls, mini goat cheese and red pepper stuffed puff pastries, fresh veggies and dip, cheese and crackers, tomatoes and mozzarella salad, lobster salad (didn’t eat this) and apples with caramel dip. Plus wine, beer and soda to drink.

Well after all our munching, we didn’t really want to go eat dinner. And by this point I did not feel the need to walk around Epcot again if we didn’t have a reason to be there, so we opted to take a tour of all the Epcot resorts instead.

First was the BC:

Love the Disney bunnies! Although I saw one down here where I live and it sort of ruined the novelty for me:
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Then the YC area:

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

We went inside the YC and its much more dark and “nautical” looking. Its what I would imagine a Yale Graduate’s house would look like. Gift shop was pretty much the same as the BC although they had some cute non-disney clothes too.

We continued our walk towards the Swolphin (Dolphin/Swan)

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

I read a lot on the boards that people can't tell the difference between the swan and the dolphin. I understand their color scheme is the same but the swan has 2 giant swans at the top! Seriously? :confused3 And another peeve of mine is that the dolphin on the dolphin hotel is not flipper, it is a dolphin fish.

ry%3D480

The Dolphin has a really cute gift shop that sells Vera Bradley bags, Brighton jewelry and other cute little things I like, but I didn’t buy a thing. And our walk continued on towards the Boardwalk, where we browsed the shops and I apparently put my camera away because this is the only BW pic I have:

ry%3D480

It was at this point that I started to question what we were doing for dinner. I didn’t necessarily want a big dinner, but I needed something to eat. So we leisurely walked back towards the BC and took a seat in some of the beach chairs while we decided.

After awhile, and some mild attitude from me (I can admit it!), we both decided we were going to have ice cream for dinner! Off to Beaches and Cream and there was no wait! At 7pm at night, no wait for a table at the tiniest restaurant in WDW! I ordered the No Way Jose (peanut butter and chocolate) and my mom ordered a classic Hot Fudge Sundae. Of course, it was delicious. I was also surprised how many Kitchen Sinks were ordered during the short time we were there…at least 3 that stick out in my mind. I regret that we never made it back here for real food – their hamburgers are soooo good too, but at least we fit the ice cream in.

A quick elevator ride upstairs, and a glass of water later, we were back in our room, getting ready for bed and the next day’s adventures.

Up Next: Poncho Mania!

I love that you toured the resorts..they're all so beautiful! We have never been in the Dolphin or Swan...but now you've peaked my curiosity!

Ice cream for dinner sounds right on the money to me:cool1: Jasmine had the No Way Jose and loved it! We'll be making a stop there in August and I can't wait...their burgers are delish!

I agree that it sound slike a relaxing time. Enjoy the photos of the resorts.

Great photos of the Epcot resorts! I love that area.

Oh boy, poncho mania...sounds like fun!! ;)

Nice photo update! I could use some ice cream now...if only I could swallow it! Ponchos doesn't sound too good uh oh!

Ok, I hear ya on FCAT week... I guarantee mine was worse. :thumbsup2

Anyways, you have just confirmed my fears about CL Lounge snacking and me not wanting to keep my ADRs; however, I only have less than three weeks until the "moms' surprise arrival" at Poly CL, so I need to make up my mind to keep them, or drop them... we do love our food... Hmmm. ..

Wow everytime we want to go have ice cream at Beaches and Cream there is a long wait. You really did luck out. Checking out the other resorts is always fun.

mmmmmm I want to try a No Way Jose! I have seen pictures. Two of my favorite things chocolate and peanut butter.

I love that you toured the resorts..they're all so beautiful! We have never been in the Dolphin or Swan...but now you've peaked my curiosity!

Ice cream for dinner sounds right on the money to me:cool1: Jasmine had the No Way Jose and loved it! We'll be making a stop there in August and I can't wait...their burgers are delish!

We didn't go into the Swan this time but I don't recall the shops being as nice...The Dolphin has a Disney shop, candy store and a misc. shop. I :lovestruc their burgers too!

The tour of the hotels pictures are beautiful. Sounds like a relaxing time. :lovestruc

It was...we are lucky that we have been many times and we don't feel the need to ride every single ride and hit the parks from opening until close. I always know there will be a next time, even if its just for 1 or 2 nights.

I agree that it sound slike a relaxing time. Enjoy the photos of the resorts.

Thanks!

I don't know if your ticker is new or I just noticed it, but is your DH serving in the military right now? Tell him thank you! I have been watching "Coming Home" on lifetime and I'm literally sobbing every episode. I don't know how these women do it, especially when you have kids to raise as well. Amazing! :flower3:

Great photos of the Epcot resorts! I love that area.

Oh boy, poncho mania...sounds like fun!! ;)

I have a feeling you know what is coming next!

Nice photo update! I could use some ice cream now...if only I could swallow it! Ponchos doesn't sound too good uh oh!

I hope you are feeling better! I just saw you ate some spaghetti :laughing: That's a good start!

Ok, I hear ya on FCAT week... I guarantee mine was worse. :thumbsup2

Anyways, you have just confirmed my fears about CL Lounge snacking and me not wanting to keep my ADRs; however, I only have less than three weeks until the "moms' surprise arrival" at Poly CL, so I need to make up my mind to keep them, or drop them... we do love our food... Hmmm. ..

Luckily, for me, everything went smoothly with FCAT! This night was actually our only night that we ate anything in the lounge in the evening. I think if we had made a set plan that we'd only eat a couple bites, we would have been fine for dinner, but we were loving everything so much plus we were hungry so not a good combo!

Wow everytime we want to go have ice cream at Beaches and Cream there is a long wait. You really did luck out. Checking out the other resorts is always fun.

Same here! I've always had to wait, even if it was a short time.

mmmmmm I want to try a No Way Jose! I have seen pictures. Two of my favorite things chocolate and peanut butter.

Soooo goooood. And huge! I love that there is chocolate and vanilla ice cream in it since just vanilla is a little bland to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope all of you had a great weekend! I did some shopping yesterday - one of my stops was Staples. I'm attempting to organize all of my therapy materials, especially now that all my pediatric materials will be put away soon. I've just barely made a dent in the process. And today I got SO MUCH done on my to do list. Lots of little annoying things, but I love crossing them off! I have a 4 day work week this week - we are off for Good Friday and then on Monday as well so I have a 4 day weekend! Hoping everything goes smoothly at school! Thanks everyone for reading...I will try to get an update out before Friday.

Great update!

All those BoardWalk resorts look amazing. You took some great pictures. I really want to stay in the Yacht Club no matter how much the Beach Club and Yacht Club are alike. I'm glad you brought up the thing about the Dolphin fish at the Dolphin resort. I never acknowledged but now I have it makes no sense. Why a fish and not a Dolphin? Well... your Beaches and Creams post has got me craving some ice cream, must try that place out! I shall now find some in my own house (LOL)

Update soon!

Great update!

All those BoardWalk resorts look amazing. You took some great pictures. I really want to stay in the Yacht Club no matter how much the Beach Club and Yacht Club are alike. I'm glad you brought up the thing about the Dolphin fish at the Dolphin resort. I never acknowledged but now I have it makes no sense. Why a fish and not a Dolphin? Well... your Beaches and Creams post has got me craving some ice cream, must try that place out! I shall now find some in my own house (LOL)

Update soon!

Well, its actually a Dolphin fish (useless knowledge from living in a city where everyone seems to fish but me)...a really big, ugly looking fish that people call Dolphin. Some I think call it Mahi Mahi. It looks nothing like an actual dolphin, aka flipper.

On an ironic note, our school psych and her DH caught some "dolphin" last weekend and made ceviche out of it (ceviche is raw fish marinated in citrus, which "cooks" the fish). She ate some for lunch and was violently ill all night and the next day. So....cook your fish!

Monday 3/28

**I apologize in advance for the lack of photos in the update, but as the day progresses I think you will understand why I didn’t have my camera at the ready all day!**

We (by we, I mean my mom) woke up again, bright and early at 6:45. After getting showered up and beautiful, we took a peak out the window. A little dreary – the weather man did say rain today, so better bring the ponchos! We had breakfast again in the lounge – similar offerings today but the Danish changed to coconut with some pineapple jelly stuff. Not bad once I scraped off the jelly lol.

On the agenda for today was DHS! Which meant we were boat bound – yay for no busses! It was drizzling when we got outside, but I did not want to put on my poncho yet so I suffered through the drizzles and found some shelter under the lighthouse. It was about a 10 minute wait until a boat came and after a quick stop at another resort (I think), we were at DHS right at 9. It was full on raining at this point so on the ponchos go before we even made it to the bag check area. Once inside the park, we booked it to TSM. FP were still available! It took about 10 minutes to get them, but they were only for 1ish which is not bad, then we got in line to ride because it said a 30 minutes wait and it was raining so what else were we going to do?

ry%3D480

The line was actually not bad at all and once we got to the pick up your 3-D glasses area, a CM sent us up the FP staircase so we bypassed at least 50 people (I heard some CM mention that in addition to that being the FP line, they also use the stairs to send up parties of 2). Works for me! We were spinning and shooting in no time and I got best in vehicle!!! I hate that this ride is at DHS because it is one of my least favorite parks to visit, but the ride is awesome!

We stepped outside and….still raining. Oh and did I mentioned that my giant head made a huge rip in the neck of my poncho so it looked more like a V-neck? Off to TOT where there was a minimal wait even though the sign said 30 minutes. Again, love this ride – and I think my mom loves it even more!

ry%3D480

Despite a few mishaps along the way ;), our elevator safely arrived in the gift shop and a quick peek over the 100s of people waiting told us, yep, still raining. According to the weathermen, it was supposed to rain all. Day. Long.

So mom and I had a quick pow-wow. The weather was disgusting and it was going to stay disgusting – no pool for us and it would be so annoying to go all the way to our planned destination, DTD, that night, in the rain. We decided then and there that we would just enjoy the resort and relax (and stay dry!) So…I called Disney dining on my phone in the corner of the crowded TOT gift shop and got us ADRs for Cape May Café for dinner that night.

Our evening plans altered and settled, we braved the rain again to walk towards our next destination...

Up Next: More Rain!

Wow, I can't believe how lucky I've been on my trips. It would rain one night, but we wouldn't leave for parks and then it was fine all week even when it looked dreary out. I'm probably jinxing myself right now LOL Can't wait to hear your review of Cape May Cafe, have that on my list as a restaurant to possibly make ADRs for.

Update soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter