• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I Planned and God Laughed **NEW Pre-TR Link!!! p.13**

Your title drew me in- looking forward to reading more!

Welcome! :flower3:

I am currently shadowing a school OT for grad school (hence my screen name), hopefully i get accepted into a MOT program for next fall. But the OT echoed the same sentiments as you in regards to the paper work and having to commit to things that do not pertain to occupational therapy. Here in Ca, they are giving so many teachers pink slips....it is so sad. By the way, I think SLP are awesome:yay:. My DS has one and I really admire her.

Aww, thanks! hmmm, what's an "MOT" program? There are definitely perks to working in a school, but right now the cons seem to be outweighing them. I don't think we are getting rid of too many teachers, but I'm glad I'm not a teacher at my school...a few of the newer ones aren't sure where they will be next year.

Joining in!

Thanks...Welcome Home!

I'm here!!! :yay: A little late but I jumped over from TinkerbellLuvr7's TR. Loving it so far!!! :)

I would definitely cry if I were surprised with Club Level at the Beach Club. :cloud9: I stay at the Yacht Club Club Level in January and absolutely fell in love with it. :love: I need to do that again one day, it was a dream come true. :wizard:

LOVE Stormalong Bay, that pool is heavenly. :cloud9: I also like that people can't pool hop and go to it, makes it so much more exclusive and fancy-feeling. :laughing:

Your pick-a-pearl is gorgeous! Love the pendant! I really want to do that on one of my upcoming trips!

Can't wait for more!popcorn::

Welcome! :flower3: My 2 favorite dream resorts are the BC and the Poly. And I think the Poly outweighs the BC because it is, to me, classic Disney. It was after all, there way back when the only park was MK! Plus the monorail to MK and Epcot is very convenient!

Welcome! :flower3: My 2 favorite dream resorts are the BC and the Poly. And I think the Poly outweighs the BC because it is, to me, classic Disney. It was after all, there way back when the only park was MK! Plus the monorail to MK and Epcot is very convenient!

My two dream resorts are the Beach Club and the Grand Floridian. :cloud9: One day when I hit the lottery, I'll surprise my mom with a stay at the GF. :goodvibes LOL. I'm staying at the Poly this July, though, and I can't wait!! :woohoo: The monorail and the convenience and just everything about the Poly is wonderful. :) I cannot wait to finally experience it for real! :yay: And of course then share it with all of you in a rather fabulous TR! :wizard:

My two dream resorts are the Beach Club and the Grand Floridian. :cloud9: One day when I hit the lottery, I'll surprise my mom with a stay at the GF. :goodvibes LOL. I'm staying at the Poly this July, though, and I can't wait!! :woohoo: The monorail and the convenience and just everything about the Poly is wonderful. :) I cannot wait to finally experience it for real! :yay: And of course then share it with all of you in a rather fabulous TR! :wizard:

Oh yes, the GF...I will stay there one day. Unfortunately my mom has no interest in staying there so I guess I'll just have to settle for the Poly or BC if I stay deluxe ;) You will :lovestruc the poly!

The MOT program is a Masters of Occupational Therapy.

Got it :thumbsup2

Last I left you, we were leaving Japan and browsing the flower displays on our way to Mexico, for dinner. We saw some of these beautiful flowers and topiaries on our way:

Italy:
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Near Germany:
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Africa?:
ry%3D480

Soon it was time for dinner at La Hacienda in Mexico. I took these in the waiting area, just thought they were pretty:

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

We were seated pretty much as soon as we checked in at a table in the middle of the restaurant. The service here was great – they always seemed to be around when we needed them, but not in a hovering way. I apologize again that I took ZERO food pictures. Chips and salsa are included – I loved the green tomatillo salsa. The other “red” salsa was also good, but spicy and had a smoky flavor to it. The chips were fresh, but a little thicker than I prefer, but that didn’t stop me from eating tons of them. For my entrée I ordered the shrimp tacos (its called something much fancier and foreign sounding on the menu). My mom ordered the mole pork. We also got a bowl of black beans and rice served family style, to share. Yum Yum Yum. My mom and I both cleaned our plates – sooooo good. I will definitely be returning here on future visits! I highly recommend it if you enjoy Mexican food – especially if you are like me and were underwhelmed on your visit(s) to the San Angel Inn inside the Mexico pavilion.

After dinner, we rolled ourselves towards Future World. My mom wanted to check out the Flower and Garden Welcome Center.

ry%3D480

Apparently I turned around and took this one next:
ry%3D480

She was looking for a gift for my cousin (she lives with my mom and was “dog-sitting” my mom’s dog while she was away). My cousin has completely redone my mom’s backyard, with flowers and plants and it looks awesome. So my mom wanted to get her something for the garden. Little did we know as we arrived that it closed at 5 or something ridiculous like that. So shopping would have to wait for the next day. We browsed through MouseGears where I made my second purchase of the night – a Mickey iPhone cover:

ry%3D480

I’m actually glad I bought it when I did because I only saw that pattern one other time in all the shops we visited. I took some more pictures of the countries as we walked towards the International Gateway before deciding we were ready to head back to the BC.

UK:
ry%3D480

France:
ry%3D480

A short walk later, we were back on the 5th floor, grabbed some desserts from the lounge and headed back to the room where we got ready for bed and watched some TV.

Up Next – Epcot and “How many pictures are you going to take?”

Yummy food!!! I was not impressed with Mexico inside the pavillion but maybe one day I'll try the other one!

I love the Iphone cover!! I want an Iphone and that cover!!

I love the iphone cover! It is so original. Epcot is so beautiful. I missed so much when I was there last year because all DS wanted to do was get on the rides but this year I will spend more time at Epcot especially since we will be staying at YC:woohoo:

Great update!! My family loves to stay on club level, we stayed at AKL in Dec. on club level. Our puppy stays at the kennel on property, she loves the water park.

Wow...you got some amazing pictures...I love Italy in Epcot and it's even more beautiful with all the topiaries:love:

That meal sounded quite good....Jasmine and I tried it when it was the old restaurant and didn't much care for it...but looks like the new one might be to our liking:thumbsup2

Yah for good food.

So tell me about the Iphone cover I have been checking them out online but they don't have may reviews so I am worried about getting one. Do you think it will protect it from a fall.

Yummy food!!! I was not impressed with Mexico inside the pavillion but maybe one day I'll try the other one!

I love the Iphone cover!! I want an Iphone and that cover!!

I ate at the San Angel Inn (inside) years ago and loved it. Then a couple years ago I ate there on 2 separate trips and hated it! La Hacienda was nothing like San Angel Inn.

I cannot live without my iphone! Now, I really really really want an iPad, but not just yet.

I love the iphone cover! It is so original. Epcot is so beautiful. I missed so much when I was there last year because all DS wanted to do was get on the rides but this year I will spend more time at Epcot especially since we will be staying at YC:woohoo:

Being at YC (or any of the Epcot resorts) makes getting to Epcot so easy, especially for quick trips or just for dinner. You will love it! I thought the cover was original too...I'm not one to have Mickey Mouse or Disney all over the place, really obvious, but this seemed more classic, vintage Mickey.

I'm hooked! Can't wait for more! :cool1:

Thanks for joining in! :goodvibes

Great update!! My family loves to stay on club level, we stayed at AKL in Dec. on club level. Our puppy stays at the kennel on property, she loves the water park.

I've thought about bringing Winston with us and letting him stay at the new place up there, but always talk myself out of it. I'm scared he'll be naughty (which he can be) and then they'd ask me to come and get him...then what would I do? :laughing: I do enjoy club level. I've done it at BC, BWI and Poly...Poly was by far my fave but I've heard really good things about AKL.

Wow...you got some amazing pictures...I love Italy in Epcot and it's even more beautiful with all the topiaries:love:

That meal sounded quite good....Jasmine and I tried it when it was the old restaurant and didn't much care for it...but looks like the new one might be to our liking:thumbsup2

Like I mentioned above, San Angel Inn is still there and I have been very underwhelmed on my last visits there. La Hacienda opened last year (half table service and La Cantina is counter service) and sooo much better than San Angel Inn, IMO.

Yah for good food.

So tell me about the Iphone cover I have been checking them out online but they don't have may reviews so I am worried about getting one. Do you think it will protect it from a fall.

I hate cooking so when I get to eat out and have food that isn't half frozen or from a box, I'm pretty easy to please - but it was GOOD!

The iphone cover...not sure if it would really protect it from a fall. It may help a bit, but I wouldn't get it for protection only. I usually only get covers because they are cute :laughing: and it makes the phone feel better in my hand with that extra covering. They are pricier than most covers ($30 - my Lilly Pulitzer cover was only $20!) but it'll last awhile I think because I rotate my covers out.

Hi everyone,

I have started writing my next installment and all of the pictures from my trip are uploaded, but I just am super busy getting back into the swing of things at work. Now that I know I have readers, I'm really excited to be sharing my trip with all of you :goodvibes

On a side note, tomorrow is the day I go to a different school than where I am the other 4 days of the week. I am in the classroom with the teacher all day even though most of the kids only have 45 minutes of therapy time in their IEPs. Anyway, the Wednesday before Spring Break, some of you may remember from my pre-TR how sick I got - my other school actually sent me home. Well I did not go in on that Wednesday either because I still felt horrible, exhausted and feverish. She was a little annoyed I think, and today she sends me an email to ask me an unrelated question and to say "I really hope you are coming tomorrow!" She really grates on the nerves of a lot of the people at the school and she is starting to grate on my nerves as well. I used to love Wednesdays and now I dread them because she always seems to be in a bad mood lately. I honestly don't know how much it messes up her day when I'm not there. I teach one class that day (social skills) and if I'm not there, she has numerous videos for them to watch or they can play games since its "social". :confused3 And this past time, I gave her ample notice I would not be in. Ugh, sorry for the vent. 3 more days til the weekend!

How could she be so annoyed when clearly you were very ill:confused3 Honestly, if the shoe was on the other foot it would be a whole lot different...I just dont' understand people...

Don't let it get you down:hug: We're all here for you and can't wait for more updates!!!

Hi Shannon! Sorry I'm late - I've actually been off the DIS for weeks, if you can imagine such craziness. ;) LOTS going on in life and Disney had to take a backseat for a while.

But I'm caught-up and loving it so far! :thumbsup2

Just found your report..HI SHANNON!!
I just love Winston..oh my goodness..he is so darn cute!! I remember when you were getting him as a puppy and debating what to name him. :)

Love your report so far...what a nice daughter suprising your mom like that with the BC!!!

Sunday 3/27

We woke up at 6:45…okay, my mom woke up at 6:45 and started getting ready while I got a little more beauty sleep. This seemed to be the pattern most of the trip. Soon we were all neat and pretty, and headed to the lounge for some breakfast. The lounge at the BC is on the small side, despite being recently expanded. But we were always able to grab a seat when we were there. I had some fruit and oatmeal, mom has oatmeal and a Danish (cherry, I think). Then we WALKED to the international gateway (have I mentioned how much I love being so close to Epcot?) and made it in time for rope drop. Actually they let us into WS about 8:50, maybe it was 8:45, and we walked sort of leisurely towards Future World. I could have gotten some really good people-free pictures of the UK and Canada, but I was on a Soarin’ mission.

We were able to see the tail end of the opening show and then the flood gates opened…everyone seemed to be walking towards Soarin’ but despite all the crowds, it was not horrible. We opted to grab a FP which had a return time for 10:09 (yes, I wrote it down – nerd). Then we took a spin on the Living with the Land boat ride – we shared a “boat” with one other family. We saw lots of beautiful and (some) yummy crops:

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Then we still had a little time before our FP was good so we walked next door to see if we could Find Nemo. We literally walked right through the line and into our ClamMobile. After successfully finding Nemo (that fish needs a leash!), we walked around the aquarium area so I could see my beloved turtles. Man, I love those things. We still had a few minutes until our FP time was good, but I didn’t want to go to far so we just walked through Innoventions and I played a video game for about 10 minutes. Then finally we got to ride one of our favorite rides – Soarin’! Even with a FP, we waited about 10-15 minutes but its so worth it.

By this time, I didn’t really think we had time to do too much in Future World before we had to head to Italy for lunch. So we used that time to check out the Butterfly Garden and the Pixie area.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

And of course take more flower and WS pictures on our way towards Italy:

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

I will end there since that's the first third of our day!

Up Next: Will our Italian lunch be as delicious as our dinner in Mexico? And more flowers...

Hi Shannon! Sorry I'm late - I've actually been off the DIS for weeks, if you can imagine such craziness. ;) LOTS going on in life and Disney had to take a backseat for a while.

But I'm caught-up and loving it so far! :thumbsup2

Thanks for stopping by! Hope the craziness is good, not bad :flower3:

Just found your report..HI SHANNON!!
I just love Winston..oh my goodness..he is so darn cute!! I remember when you were getting him as a puppy and debating what to name him. :)

Love your report so far...what a nice daughter suprising your mom like that with the BC!!!

Thanks for joining in and for the compliment on Winston! I always say that God made him so cute because he can be soooo naughty!

Hi! I just found your TR today & I'm hooked. :) I can't wait to read the rest.

Welcome! Thanks for joining!

How could she be so annoyed when clearly you were very ill:confused3 Honestly, if the shoe was on the other foot it would be a whole lot different...I just dont' understand people...

Don't let it get you down:hug: We're all here for you and can't wait for more updates!!!

I don't get it either, but whatever. Of course, she was totally happy and fine with me today :confused3 I think she is just a little harsh sometimes in her emails and doesn't think too much before she types. Luckily it was a good day!

Just found your trip report and read all the way through it. Sounds like great fun and I can't wait to read more. Love all the pictures and I can't wait to go next week - looking forward to seeing all the flowers and topiaries!

About your original post - don't get discouraged it will happen, just in God's time! I was 28 before I met my husband and I had given up on ever finding someone. He is my best friend and I can't imagine my life without him. We haven't decided if we are going to have kids but are thinking about it - he is 15 yrs old than me but we are happy. It will happen for you and I can't wait to read about it when it does on the disboards!!!

More trip report please - can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter