• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I paid off my car today

DisneyScraps

DIS Veteran
What a great feeling! I am now totally debt free. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I had planned to do it over the next 3 months but I was so close, I could not wait any longer. I dipped into the Disney fund and did it. I have been ebaying everything in the house that we don't need so the fund was getting nice and fat I figured I will replace it soon AND not have 3 more months of car interest!

I am so totally excited about this. I HATE car payments. I made double payments whenever I could to get this thing paid for and I am going to drive it until it's rust and tires!

Now it's on the DBF he never shared my debt freeness until I met him and he is now committed to paying things off asap!

I have been doing the happy dance ALL day! It's a Hybrid to so cheap on gas!

Congratulations!! We have two that are paid for and I owe almost a year on mine and that's it!! We are going to try to double up on it too to get it paid off and we will also be debt free!!:cool1:

That's great!! Congrats! My car is paid off and it is the best feeling!!

I bet that is a good feeling, I still have almost 5 years left on mine so it will be awhile before I get there.

Congrats!!! My van will be paid off in Jan but I'm trying to earn enough in side work to pay it off sooner. It's 0% interest but it would be nice to not have that payment anymore. Plan to drive ours into the ground too!

So what are you going to do with your freed up funds now?

Me too! What a great feeling. Unfortunatly, I'm not debt free yet. But once my home equity loan is paid off, I will be.

Congratulations!

It is a great feeling, I paid mine off back in like May. I just took the money out of my savings account and got it over with. I still owe myself a little bit, but at least the bank has nothing on me :)

Best feeling ever to watch that car payment go into the savings account! Congratulations and enjoy that Disney trip!

Congrats!!! My van will be paid off in Jan but I'm trying to earn enough in side work to pay it off sooner. It's 0% interest but it would be nice to not have that payment anymore. Plan to drive ours into the ground too!

So what are you going to do with your freed up funds now?

Add more to savings! 1/2 will go to the Disney fund for our big Jan trip and half into savings.

That is great! Having a Hybrid is even better. So many people are in debt. You're very smart!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter