I notice there is no group for Selling, just Purchasing?

The thread HERE explains the procedure of adding or transferring title pretty well. You can do it yourself for minimal cost, but if you prefer a title company can do it for you, for a fee. If you want a title company, you can use any of the ones used by the timeshare resale agencies. I can recommend LT Transfers https://www.lttransfers.com/ based on personal experience.
Thanks!

Ok second question then, can I transfer the points from the contract I am selling (in this case my .3 contract) to my other Dec SSR UY contract (my .2 contract)? I generally feel that resale does not value current points enough and I am money ahead either keeping or "selling" my current UY points before listing my contract.
Points can be transferred from one membership to another but not from one contract to another. It sounds like both contracts are in the same membership, which means the answer to your question is no. Sorry.

1 - Did the other trip already happen, or is it upcoming? If it's upcoming, you can call MS and see if they'll reallocate the points to use the banked ones.
2 - Did your "failure to manage" happen in any way related to the global pandemic? If so, but even if not, consider giving yourself grace for this extenuating circumstance.
3 - Are your points eligible to be used for any of the less-common options like the concierge collection or RCI? You might have some option closer to home than WDW, or, if you're near WDW (or HHI), keep stalking the reservation site for rooms to come available.

You have some time to get these 20 points used, so hopefully you can find a way to use them.
Also, it sounds like you're going to add someone to your contract, so hopefully that process goes well for you.
Trip happened before I noticed the issue, and they would not reallocate the points. I thought they would since the reallocation didn't involve the use of points not eligible for the reservation I wanted them reallocated to. I even thought it was to their advantage to reallocate, since there is a shortage of availability this year.
The cancellation was not pandemic related. It involved booking a new reservation, and cancelling an existing one (the one that had used the previously banked points).
Yes, the points are eligible for all uses, as the contract was grandfathered in as direct when they started restricting resale contracts.
The good news is that my niece has a friend that lives near Hilton Head who is going to use the 20 points there, so the points are going to get used. :-)

You could start a selling group yourself. I started a PA Owners group.
It seems like this thread turned into a "Selling and Transfer Ownership" thread. However, I did not know I could start a group.

I decided not to sell, at least not now. My siblings and nieces started offering to pay dues and manage membership for me. My niece then found someone to use my 20 points at Hilton Head, so I would not have wasted points. I do believe value has peaked, but I thought the same thing a few years ago.

I do have one more selling question, because something I read in this thread contradicts something the agent told me, when I asked the agent.
The agent told me that transferring my points to another owners account, before the banking deadline, was not an option if I planned to sell, and told me I need to bank the points right away. This was a few weeks ago, when there was still time for a transfer before the banking deadline. I was wondering if the transfer point action can somehow be reversed or those points go dead, if the contract they came from gets sold. I know reservations get cancelled, but am not sure how transferred points are impacted.

For those of you who have sold before, how long was it for you to start getting "bites" on your listing? I have one up priced slightly below market and I was just wondering what to expect on average.

It seems like this thread turned into a "Selling and Transfer Ownership" thread. However, I did not know I could start a group.

I decided not to sell, at least not now. My siblings and nieces started offering to pay dues and manage membership for me. My niece then found someone to use my 20 points at Hilton Head, so I would not have wasted points. I do believe value has peaked, but I thought the same thing a few years ago.

I do have one more selling question, because something I read in this thread contradicts something the agent told me, when I asked the agent.
The agent told me that transferring my points to another owners account, before the banking deadline, was not an option if I planned to sell, and told me I need to bank the points right away. This was a few weeks ago, when there was still time for a transfer before the banking deadline. I was wondering if the transfer point action can somehow be reversed or those points go dead, if the contract they came from gets sold. I know reservations get cancelled, but am not sure how transferred points are impacted.
Once points are transferred, they are permanently removed from the contract and can not get reversed. Has no bearing on selling the contracts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter