• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I Never Get To Do Anything!!!

Along with--
"There's never anything fun to do in this house"
And my personal favorite "You just hate me because I'm not perfect--My friend's moms don't make them pick up their stuff, or yell at them to clean their room."

Along with--
And my personal favorite "You just hate me because I'm not perfect--My friend's moms don't make them pick up their stuff, or yell at them to clean their room."

WOW, that wouldn't fly at our house either. Why would your child think you don't like them because they aren't perfect????

don't forget the perennial its not fair!!!!!!!!
My kids don't say that anymore because my response was always, "life's not fair." It got to the point that they'd say it and then say, "yeah, I know, life's not fair." Then they finally stopped.

Along with--
I hear that we have the only house among all DS's friends that IS fun, so we always have a pack of boys around. (I'm glad about that because I know what they are up to.)

As for her friends' moms not making them pick up after themselves, I'd respond, "if their mothers want to teach them to live like slovenly pigs, that's their problem. In this house, we don't live like that. Go clean your room."

I've taken my kids to many places. To name a few, Boston, New York City [x2], Philadelphia, Chicago, the Florida Keys [x3], Washington D.C., and we are going to London & Paris this month. I have waited in line with DS for numerous video games on the release day [at 12am nonetheless!]. They've lived less then 30 minutes to Walt Disney World their whole lives, and get to go very often. And not only Disney World. Universal, Busch Gardens, etc. etc. The list could go on.

Apparently, though, they've had no life experience because they've never been to a concert. :headache:

Once from my oldest, so over the next few weeks (or was it a month..:rolleyes1 ) I made sure he "didnt get to do anything." He never said that again.

Yeah...when I heard that she 'never gets to do anything'.. it was after she went to the coffee shop and spent the night at her friends.... But...I wouldn't let her stay at her friends again because I had to go run an errand...
I told her 'fine...since you think I'm so mean and don't let you do anything.. I wont'... Well..then it went into the whole.. "My friends get to have myspace.. My friends get to go out of town with their friends and they've been to juvenile"

:eek:
Um...No... NO MYSPACE>.. She's 12!!!
And...she's not too bright to use that as an argument... I said 'they've probably been to juvenile because they're parents let them do too much'.. LOL

And..so, of course, the next day..I let her go to the park with her friends and play outside allll day at the neighbors. But, of course, when she came in and I said she couldn't spend the night, "I never let her do anything" again

:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter