I need your two cents! AofA vs FW Cabins - Party of 6, 3 adults/3 kids...

Turkogloop

Just a dream away...
Subject says it all. We are booked already at Art of Animation for the end of January, but there's some interest in our group for the FW Cabins. Basically I just want your two cents, those of you who may have experienced one or both of these resorts, what do you think!?

Party of 6
4 ages 10+ (2 in 40s, myself 24, nephew 11)
2 ages 10- (Niece 5, nephew 4)

My assumption would be that AofA would be the better choice of the two but if anyone feels the complete opposite, let me know what your opinion is.

Thanks!

Do you know what the sleeping arrangements would be at AoA?

More bed options and a kitchen at the cabins but only 1 bathroom vs the 2 at AoA

My assumption is I'd put the 2 older adults in the Queen Size Bed, two kids in the table bed, and one of the kids with me in the sofa sleeper.

hmm in the cabin the older couple could have the bed in the room with the 11yr old on the top bunk and the 2 little ones sharing the bottom bunk. That would leave the pull down for you to have alone.

It's bad enough when we stay 5 people with 1 bathroom..Not sure I could do 6 so in that thinking I'd probably go with AoA but wouldn't be happy about sharing a bed with a kid.

What about All Star Music Family Suite? Cheaper than AoA and the Cabin and you get 2 bathrooms. There's a separate room (40's) then in the living room a pull out couch (11yr old and 4yr old could share) a pull out twin chair sleeper (You) then a pull out ottoman (5yr old)

You need 2 bathrooms for a group that size. Think about your morning routine and all the people that need to "go," in the morning. You can only "go," so quickly. People always say, "We spend so little time in the room."

Yep, but you still have to "go."

I would say AoA. I like FW a lot but I think it would be more convenient and more fun for the kids if you went to AoA. FW is sprawling and you really need to rent the golf carts to get from place to place reasonably. It's nice if you're the type of people who want to grill out and relax in nature settings.

Another vote for AoA. Second bathroom, new resort, convenience to the main building. Enjoy!

I would go with AoA for the 2nd bathroom.

The cabins have a full kitchen, but only one bathroom.
The bedroom in the cabins has a bunkbed and a full sized bed, and there is a Murphy bed in the lr.

The big negative to fw is that it is very spread out. Its quite a distance to the main pool and restaurant so you have to take an internal bus unless you rent a golf cart.

We stayed at the cabins and enjoyed it, but for your family I would choose AoA for the 2nd bathroom.

I agree with AoA. The 2nd bathroom is what puts me in that group.

Also, the cabins have an inner bus system and I have no urge to ride to buses to get to a park.

FW looks lovely, but simply put we aren't the kind of people that want to sit and relax/grill when we are Disney. We value it there so much even though we've been going regularly lately (by regularly I mean annually) that we want to be up and out quite early each day experiencing everything out there in Disney.

We are going to stick with AofA. ASM was another great point, but it's only a few hundred dollars cheaper and the lure of a brand new resort experience is very very strong. The idea of the pool being close, and the fact that we have three Disney-loving kids locks it in. They need that experience, and AofA seems to be so perfect for it.

I thank you ALL for your great opinions, you guys really spelled it out for me. AofA it is!

You should take the table bed thing! More comfortable than sofa bed. But sofa bed is by the tv, so if that's important to you mayb go sofa. But my teens found the table bed longer( I don't think it is just felt longer) an more comfortable.

I'm willing to sleep in the most uncomfortable of the three if need be because I'm not picky. I want the kids to have the best possible time, so whatever sleeping arrangement works for them works for me. I supposed though that I'd take the sofa sleeper, but perhaps the table bed will fit me better.

Driving or flying? We really like the idea/theme/amenities of Ft Wilderness but the transportation issue always sends us booking elsewhere in the end, because by the time we rent a golf cart that seats 6 (have to go through an off-site company, Disney's only seat 4) we may as well be renting DVC points. If we ever drive down it is at the top of my list but so long as we're flying and using Magical Express we'll stick to one of the value suites or two rooms at a value or moderate. I have no interest in taking a bus to get to the bus to get to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter