I need your recipe for french meat stuffing. HELP!!!

maslex

DIS Veteran
So my hubby's grandma used to make a meat stuffing to go along with holiday meals. She has since passed and he would like to make it for Thanksgiving this year. I know last year his aunt showed us how to make it but like a dummy, we never wrote the recipe down. And now his aunt is hard to get ahold of, so do you have a recipe that you would like to share?

I know it was a pound each of hamburger and pork. An onion, a couple boiled potatoes, salt and pepper and bell's seasonings. I THINK that was all that was involved but I could be mistaken. I've looked at a thousand different recipe online but they all had a thousand ingredients in them and I don't believe this one had that many.

Thanks so much!!!

I just got this recipe from my friend's mother. It doesn't have the pork but it sounds like the rest is what you want.

4 lbs hamburger 80% to 85% lean
2 med onions, diced
salt and pepper to taste
2 to 3 lbs potatoes
4 stalks celery diced
1 tsp bell seasoning

Peel and quarter and boil potatoes first

In a large pot brown onions and celery together in a little oil. When golden brown add your hamburger until cooked. Now mash your boiled potatoes (no milk) and add to pot. Add Bell Seasoning and salt and pepper.

Stuffing should cook about 3/4 hour. This recipe is made on top of stove. Do not stuff turkey.

She makes it the night before then heats it up before serving.

I've not had french stuffing, but our traditional stuffing is meat-based and is basically sausagemeat (minced pork, often a bit fatty for flavour and texture) with seasonings - sage and chopped onion is traditional, or you can add chestnuts, cranberries, other herbs to taste. One of my favourites for serving with lamb has redcurrants and rosemary.

the meat is either formed into balls or pressed down into a lightly greased dish and baked in a hot oven (about 20 mins for balls, 40 mins for a block) until juices run clear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter