• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I need your ideas, please!!!!

leyeball

Mouseketeer
Hello! This year my husband and I are taking our 2 children to WDW as their Christmas gift from us. They have no idea that they're going, and we don't plan to tell them until Christmas morning...we leave 5 days after Christmas. Does anyone have a unique idea as to how we could tell them the news? They're young...ages 7 and 2. Thank you! :)

Order the WDW travel-planning DVD (free.)

Then, give it to them as a wrapped gift.

As (or after) you all watch it together, ask them if they'd like to go there and
see it all, in-person.

I agree with Robo, order the DVD. But do the box inside a box inside a box thing and have each box hold something Disney, little clues or things that'll help on the trip.

Go out to Youtube and watch Disney Surprise videos. You are sure to get a lot of inspiration. People do scavenger hunts, recorded messages, balloons coming from boxes, a gift that has a clue and so much more. I think your 2 year old is really too young to get the surprise, so I would do something they could both enjoy (not a scavenger hunt since the 2 year old cant read or recorded message) and something that will suit the attention span of both.

I am a travel agent and this is what we do: each family gets a stuffed Mickey (or Minnie if they have all girls) which has a rolled up piece of paper tied to their hand. The paper is a personal message telling the family to pack their bags and come see Mickey, Minnie, etc. at Walt Disney World. You could put a small Disney plush in each stocking with a personal message to that child telling them about the trip pixiedust:

One year we put new autograph books and pens in their stockings :) When they took them out and opened up to the inside I wrote a message saying "Sleeping at Mickey's house tomorrow night!" :thumbsup2 They FREAKED OUT! It was one of the best Christmas' ever!

I like the idea of tying something in with watching the parade on TV, but not sure how you'd do it.

Gave my DD11a fishing excursion (yes, DD) for her bday this year, but I just made a certificate in PowerPoint and wrapped it with a Guy Harvey fish hat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter