I need to find something special to do!

DISNUT21

Mouseketeer
Hey ya'll... were going on a grand gatherings trip in July (I know the weather is going to be Africa hot, but I think were prepared). Currently, we are up to 13 people traveling with us and we think it is going to be a feat, but it is our grandmothers 75th birthday as well as her first trip to WDW, our mothers 50th birthday, along with my aunt & uncle and their two kids (9 and 11) first trip to WDW! I was wondering what we could do that is special during our trip, or have awaiting for us in the room when we arrive? We are staying at AKL and I will be arriving with my Grandmother before everyone else as we will be renting a car to take her to her sisters house in Celebration, and everyone else is taking DME. Any ideas will help!
And on a side note, when I made the lodging ressies with our grand gatherings counsler I mentioned these special notes and he told me no worries, tinkerbell will probably spread some pixie dust on our reservation and well be sure to have one hell of a grand gatherings... which makes me wonder what does he mean! he wouldn't say either... so if you guys could possibly tell me your experiences with pixie dust it'll work. Thanks again!
Anthony

Hey ya'll... were going on a grand gatherings trip in July (I know the weather is going to be Africa hot, but I think were prepared). Currently, we are up to 13 people traveling with us and we think it is going to be a feat, but it is our grandmothers 75th birthday as well as her first trip to WDW, our mothers 50th birthday, along with my aunt & uncle and their two kids (9 and 11) first trip to WDW! I was wondering what we could do that is special during our trip, or have awaiting for us in the room when we arrive? We are staying at AKL and I will be arriving with my Grandmother before everyone else as we will be renting a car to take her to her sisters house in Celebration, and everyone else is taking DME. Any ideas will help!
And on a side note, when I made the lodging ressies with our grand gatherings counsler I mentioned these special notes and he told me no worries, tinkerbell will probably spread some pixie dust on our reservation and well be sure to have one hell of a grand gatherings... which makes me wonder what does he mean! he wouldn't say either... so if you guys could possibly tell me your experiences with pixie dust it'll work. Thanks again!
Anthony

The theory is you cannot have anything in the room before you check in because they do not know what room you'll be in or if you need to be moved.
Since there is a group of you, have you considered the Illuminiations Cruise?

I wouldn't count on Disney to do anything special. Then if they do it really is pixie dust.

I thought about doing an illuminations cruise, but when I mentioned it to my brother to see what he thought I got the... eh, but what I was thinking about was dinner at narcoosees before the electric water parade. But I am not sure, WDW Dining wasn't very helpful on giving me timing.

we took my mother in law to wdw for her 75th bday. She loves goofy, and we were staying at the beach club....so we did the character bkfst at beach club. goofy made a really big fuss over my Mother in law it was so cute...the hotel sent a small cake and balloons to her room with a card signed by minnie mouse especially for her it was so cute! we also got a card signed by goofy with a cupcake at the table. I just called the hotel before we got there and reminded them of her birthday. She wore her birthday button all day, and everyone was so nice to her. She really loved it!

Like a previous poster said, I'd check on the illuminations cruise, or the safari I would think that would be great...

also, I'd do a girls trip to Grand Floridian tea...My mom in law loved it! As do I, the tea is something my sisters and myself do everytime we go.

Can you book the Wishes Pirate Cruise? It's a Grand Gatherings event. Not cheap (I think it was around $35 per adult in 2006), but it's a terrific experience! :)

We had a GG of 16 last year -- and they didn't do anything special other than arrange our rooms close together. That was fine --- I just didn't want you to think that every GG got something special.

If you book the GG Wishes cruise -- make a back up plan. Ours was canceled at less than 30 days out so we had to scramble for a Plan B at the last minute. It all worked out and we had a lovely time.

As a side note Boma tried to force us into a terrible dinner time because we were a GG, but we were able to get that changed so if you have a terrible one, keep trying. (We ended up making two separte reservations at the same time and then day of the Hostess at Boma combined them for us)

Have a great trip --- sounds like Fun!!!!

Your trip sounds wonderful...so many celebrations!

Unfortunately, as others have posted, Disney does not do anything special for GG - sometimes rooms do not even wind up together.

So, to be safe, make the Magic yourself! Be sure everyone gets a pin at check-in: birthday, 1st time visitor, anniversary :) CM's and guests will notice the pins and make nice comments. At many restaurants the server will bring a cupcake with a candle and sometimes something even nicer for desert. :)

Although nothing will be waiting in your room, you could order Mickey Ears through. They come in kids and adults, but maybe because you'll need so many they could make up a single pkg for you...worth a try to ask. They will have a name on each set of ears :)

http://www.disneyflorist.com/product/waltdisneyworldflorist-ears-to-you-adult/display

Or you could check into a private desert IllumiNations party...cannot recall how to make that reservation - again, not inexpensive, but definitely fun - the Wishes cruise is the best though :)

:tinker: Have a wonderful trip!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter