I Need Song suggestions - Please :)

JoiseyMom

<font color=orange>Have you had your SPANX today??
My DS is getting married :banana:. He just realized, LOL, that he has to dance with his mom. He wants me to pick a song. You would think he was being led to the gas chamber!!

Any ideas? The standard would be Sunrise Sunset...but I think that would be to schmaltzy for him. :rolleyes1

Hi! A great one I heard was by Trace Adkins. "Then They Do". I think that's the title. Congratulations!

Our DD's new husband danced with his Mother to "I Hope You Dance" by LeAnn Womack.

It's a country song, so not sure that would fit in with the theme of the wedding.

My stepdad raised me and we danced to "You got a friend", James Taylor.

Actually, I got ds and my song from a suggestion on these boards. "Simple Man" by Lynyrd Skynyrd. It was perfect!!!!

Thanks for the suggestions.... DS is going to be very difficult!

My DS got married 2 months ago and we did the mother-son dance to "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts.

My DS got married 2 months ago and we did the mother-son dance to "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts.

right out of my mouth!!! Ditto on My Wish...it's upbeat...not too slow and says everything perfectly!! Enjoy!!!:banana:

Thats my father daughter dance...

For mom son we were contemplating "Heaven" by Bryan Adams...

My son was just married 3 weeks ago and "My Wish" is what he choose for us to dance to. We had a hard time agreeing (he didn't want the mushy stuff) but it was very appropriate and everyone enjoyed it. In fact, I danced with my son and his two best friends each were best men. His best buddy from high school cut in at the very end of the song and everyone thought it was so cute. The song finished and low and behold the microphone goes on and it was the second best man (his college room mate) across the room saying "Did you think you were getting off that easy?" He asked to have the song re-qued and we danced together. The guests were absolutely loving it and so was I. Very, very sweet moment I will always cherish. Got some great pix as well!

Best Wishes to your son!

Something that has meaning to both of you.
My niece got married last Fall and her Husband chose "Love me Tender"
Because his mother was an Elvis fan and went into labor when she found out he had died, he was actually born on the day Elvis died. Since he is a musician we joke that he got Elvis' soul!
A friend of mine's son recently got married after a few 'wild' years and rehab, he has totally straightened out his life and chose "Because you loved me" as his Mother son dance, very fitting, as she was so supportive throught it all.

Country-Big and Rich-Lost in this moment with you.

R and B-Jagged Edge-Let's get married

C Dion........Because you loved me

Jim Brickman............Never Alone

Rascal Flatts...........My Wish

I had a pretty traditional Jewish wedding. My father and I along with dh and his mother danced to Sunrise Sunset. For me it did have meaning since when I was learning to play the clarinet I used to play Fiddler on the Roof music to my father though his favorite was If I were a Rich Man.

I had a pretty traditional Jewish wedding. My father and I along with dh and his mother danced to Sunrise Sunset. For me it did have meaning since when I was learning to play the clarinet I used to play Fiddler on the Roof music to my father though his favorite was If I were a Rich Man.

Well it's the song that came to mind for me....but DS is being difficult... LOL. He asked me what song would I NOT cry to. I said it was impossible for me not to cry at my first born's wedding!! LOL. I did use more colorful language :thumbsup2. I then said how about the Hokey Pokey!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter