• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I need some of your recommendations for a new restaurant, your hidden gems!

Octoberbaby

DIS Veteran
I am in an ADR pickle. Nothing is really jumping out at me, and I need one more dinner for our water park day. I am looking for something tasty, no buffets, signatures, or character meals. Not in parks, or at Disney Springs. This pretty much leaves a handful of restaurants, I know. I have Boma booked. We are skipping Ohana since we are staying at the Polynesian our first three nights, and will order room service. Ah....so. What do you guys have in mind?

I agree with the pp. He Wave is my go to out of the park non-buffet restaurant. It is one of my overall favorites and I have always been able to get in there at a good time and had great service.

Haven't been to Sanaa but looking forward to it on our next trip and it gets great reviews. Stayed at BLT and room service was out of the wave and it was delicious! except for the kids rainbow grilled cheese which was deeeesgusting. Whispering Canyon gets mixed reviews - it seems like it is a lot of fun and there are bottomless milkshakes which may or may not appeal but it is well themed. Don't overlook the restaurants at the moderates/dvcs - boatwrights, olivias and the turf club all get good reviews when I see them, but I've never been to any of them. Captain's Grill is also considered a hidden gem. There are actually lots of choices!

We also really like the Wave! I would also suggest Trattoria al Forno at the Boardwalk. The food is great and you could get ice cream at Ample Hills afterward - it's fantastic! You could also then see the evening entertainment, play carnival games, etc. it makes for a really fun evening!

Thanks everyone!

It looks like The Wave could be a promising choice, and their menu looks pretty good as well!

We tried Sanaa and Trattoria on our last trip. I loved Trattoria, but my husband...not so much. He doesn't care for Italian food o_O He is a special guy :D Sanaa was just okay, so no repeat for that one either.

People seem to know about our secret...The Wave! A highlight from our December trip! Top notch service as well as fabulous food.

I'd do Sanaa over the buffet at Boma any day. Also hear great things about The Wave, but we've only done breakfast so I can't account for dinner

I say Captains Grill. We needed a last minute ADR the weekend of the Star Wars half and that was pretty much all that was left. It was a fantastic meal. Possibly best one we have had on Disney property over several trips.

We loved the Grand Floridian Cafe. DH said it was the best meal he had and already requested I book it for our next trip. It was reasonably priced as well. We also had lunch at Captain's Grille and really enjoyed that, but can't comment on the dinner menu.

Sanaa is definitely the way to go. Great views of the savannah (we requested a window seat) and amazing food. Make sure to get the naan and try a flight of wine!

Thank you all for the help, and your suggestions! I think that I am going to go with The Wave. I've gone between there, GFC and Captains Grille, and the menu at The Wave is slightly more appealing. Also, my son loves the arcade at the Contemporary. I have no idea why, but he thinks it's the best one of all the resorts, so, he will be happy to get to visit there before or after our dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter