I need some ideas to lift my DH's spirits

Fishbone†

<font color=blue>Does strange things while sleepin
Nothing earth shattering, but he's just kind of bumming right now. He's dealing with some issues at work, and our life has become a chaotic rut. A long commute, harried evenings, tight pocketbook (don't we all know this?) and a cluttered house (no matter how often I pick them up, my 13 month old seems to be able to completely scatter his toys in seconds flat). :confused3 :rotfl: :scared1: Anyway, His BFF asked him to go fishing this weekend, and he doesn't even want to.... SO NOT LIKE HIM!!!! Fishing is one of his favorite pasttimes.

I would love to do some thing(s) to make him feel loved and appreciated. Of course they have to be cheap (if not free).... just something that lets him know we care and maybe just lighten the load for a moment. I work too, and in fact we carpool, so I'm hoping for some ideas that are fun and easy.

Anyone? TIA

I remember you live in the cities. Are you near St Paul at all? What about an afternoon at Como Zoo (free)? Change of pace, beautiful, and the conservatory can't be beat. Lifts my spirits instantly! Esp after a long winter. The palm trees, warmth, beautiful smelling flowers. LOVE IT!!

Do a picnic as a couple on the grounds one afternoon and just reconnect.

I know it's not the cheapest but does he love a local sports team? Maybe get him a pair of tickets for him and his friend.

Or maybe springing for a night at a hotel where the two of you can just be alone. Or if the hotel is too much, find someone who can take your kid in for the night for a peaceful night and cook him dinner...

I still act like I'm 15 years old when it comes to my DH :love: (we've been together for 20 years and married for almost 17). I put mustard hearts in his sandwiches. I write him love note e-mails during the day. I call him on his cell and leave him peppy messages and tell him how much I miss him when he's away from me. Every day he walks in the door I have his dinner waiting and throw my arms around him for a great big hug. I tell him all the time how lucky I am to be married to him and how lucky our kids are to have him for a father. Basically, I adore the man and have absolutely no reservations about showing him and telling him all the time. Back when we both worked outside the home he was often the one making dinner so I was the one full of compliments and always said Thank You. I guess DH doesn't mind it because he never asked me to stop being me. I don't give a hoot if people on the outside don't get me or us or think I'm immature for gushing the way I do. I'm happy and DH is happy, the rest of the world just doesn't matter.

BTW, flattery doesn't work if you are faking it. Think about the things that make your DH the only one for you and then tell him about it and show him in little ways that make his life more comfortable. The more you do it the easier it will become. Everyone likes to know someone is thinking about them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter