I need some help!

Taylynn

Earning My Ears
Okay, so, my boyfriend and I are headed to Disney this September and we have the free Quick Service dining plan, but I'd like to do at least one TS with him. Here is where I run into some "problems". He doesn't want to do a Character Dining and he is lactose intolerant and will pretty much only eat burgers or chicken strips.. I on the other hand am a bit more adventurous and would like a themed dining. I've looked at menu's and I have a few things in mind, but, most places are only one or the other..are there any with a mix of both? Are some places better than others? This is only my second time in Disney and I'd like some advice to push me in the right direction! :flower3:

Okay, so, my boyfriend and I are headed to Disney this September and we have the free Quick Service dining plan, but I'd like to do at least one TS with him. Here is where I run into some "problems". He doesn't want to do a Character Dining and he is lactose intolerant and will pretty much only eat burgers or chicken strips.. I on the other hand am a bit more adventurous and would like a themed dining. I've looked at menu's and I have a few things in mind, but, most places are only one or the other..are there any with a mix of both? Are some places better than others? This is only my second time in Disney and I'd like some advice to push me in the right direction! :flower3:

Have you considered Rose and Crown in the United Kingdom Pavilion at Epcot or Le Cellier in the Canadian Pavilion? I prefer Rose and Crown, and it is considerably less expensive for what you get, but both could offer him the opportunity to have a burger while you could have something a little more high-end or just different from normal American food.

Oh, or Raglan Road in Downtown Disney! It's a traditional Irish pub with good food (burgers are also on the menu), Irish music, and dancing. Lots of fun!

Which ones do you have in mind? And what kind of theming are you looking for? My brother is quite picky, though not lactose intolerant, and we've usually been able to find him a burger at lots of TS restaurants.

Some of my suggestions (and I checked, they have burgers and/chicken fingers!):
Kona Cafe at the Poly
ESPN Club at Boardwalk (fun if you're into sports)
Sci Fi at Hollywood Studios (lots of burgers and fries!)
The Plaza at Magic Kingdom
Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom (I prefer this location to the DTD location. it's usually, in my experience, less noisy and crowded)
Raglan Road at Downtown Disney

I tried to give you an option in the resort areas and each of the parks. I hope it helped!

Have you considered Rose and Crown in the United Kingdom Pavilion at Epcot or Le Cellier in the Canadian Pavilion? I prefer Rose and Crown, and it is considerably less expensive for what you get, but both could offer him the opportunity to have a burger while you could have something a little more high-end or just different from normal American food.
I just went and checked out the menu for Rose and Crown and I dont see a burger on the menu? I could just be skipping over it.​

I just went and checked out the menu for Rose and Crown and I dont see a burger on the menu? I could just be skipping over it.​

Maybe they got rid of it. I know that they had one this time last year. Raglan Road still has one, though. Just checked to make sure. And, as another poster said, SciFi is full of burgers and is one of the best themed restaurants in all of Disney. Plus, it is in Hollywood Studios which is lacking in counter service options, in my opinion.

I was thinking either the Sci Fi...or 50s Prime Time Cafe. He isn't so sure about 50s Prime Time because all he would want to eat would be the fried chicken.

Which ones do you have in mind? And what kind of theming are you looking for? My brother is quite picky, though not lactose intolerant, and we've usually been able to find him a burger at lots of TS restaurants.

Some of my suggestions (and I checked, they have burgers and/chicken fingers!):
Kona Cafe at the Poly
ESPN Club at Boardwalk (fun if you're into sports)
Sci Fi at Hollywood Studios (lots of burgers and fries!)
The Plaza at Magic Kingdom
Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom (I prefer this location to the DTD location. it's usually, in my experience, less noisy and crowded)
Raglan Road at Downtown Disney

I tried to give you an option in the resort areas and each of the parks. I hope it helped!

Maybe they got rid of it. I know that they had one this time last year. Raglan Road still has one, though. Just checked to make sure. And, as another poster said, SciFi is full of burgers and is one of the best themed restaurants in all of Disney. Plus, it is in Hollywood Studios which is lacking in counter service options, in my opinion.

Thank you both very much. I am going to start looking at all these menus as we speak!

Forgot to answer another one of your questions! I'm just looking for pretty much any type of themed dining or something I haven't experienced before. I prefer something "cute" or "charming" if that makes any sense.. he couldn't care less. He's such a grump! :P

I believe Rose and Crown does have a burger but it has an egg on it which I'm sure you could ask for without!

I think you'd both enjoy Sci Fi. It's fun, super awesome theming and a great reprieve from the hot Florida sun! Your boyfriend sounds just like mine haha Woman to woman.... take him to Sci Fi, let him sit in a fun vintage car and watch funny old movie clips and eat a hamburger for an hour! :thumbsup2

I will say the fried chicken at 50's PT Cafe is excellent. I am not sure at these places you would find what you are looking for, which is an adventurous meal. Both Sci-Fi and 50's serve traditional American food. Paradiso 37 in DTD has an eclectic menu with choices that would fit your specific needs. The theming leaves a little bit to be desired (your standard restaurant).

I never noticed how few TS restaurants serve burgers.

Good luck with whatever you decide on.

I think I'll make a reservation for Sci-Fi just for the sake of saving a spot. I am liking the Paradiso 37 and Ragland Road menus. I think the most important thing for me would be the theme and him being able to eat something he enjoys. I can make the sacrifice of finding something adventurous for the sake of the those two things.

How a bout Boma Beatiful hotel great food lots of choices chicken tenders on the kid buffet and lots of new things for you to try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter