I need some help

if you are at universal, go to guest services to help you for the special pass you can receive for you and your family. a child in a wheel chair will not have to stand in the regular line at universal like you have been doing.

disney and universal both help families that have special needs.

you don't wait in one hour lines for rides then.

We tried that the first time and were told that there was nothing along the lines of Disney's Guest Assistance Pass.

The next time we went, we were trying to arrange for DS to ride on the Mardi Gras float that allows pass holders. It turned out that he was not able to ride because it required standing throughout the route, which he was unable to do. The Guest Services person did some other things to make his visit special and even mentioned something like the GAC, but never gave him one. She had been so kind to us that we hated to go back and remind her.

Maybe the third time will be the charm when we go back in October.

Sheila

if you are at universal, go to guest services to help you for the special pass you can receive for you and your family. a child in a wheel chair will not have to stand in the regular line at universal like you have been doing.

disney and universal both help families that have special needs.

you don't wait in one hour lines for rides then.

We tried that the first time and were told that there was nothing along the lines of Disney's Guest Assistance Pass.

The next time we went, we were trying to arrange for DS to ride on the Mardi Gras float that allows pass holders. It turned out that he was not able to ride because it required standing throughout the route, which he was unable to do. The Guest Services person did some other things to make his visit special and even mentioned something like the GAC, but never gave him one. She had been so kind to us that we hated to go back and remind her.

Maybe the third time will be the charm when we go back in October.

Sheila

These passes do, in fact, exist. They're called GAP passes (like Disney) and they are available for use, but you do have to fight for them.

i have used them once and never ever had to fight for them.

there are different levels of those cards at universal.

i suggest the poster that has the special needs child work directly with guest services. they will positively work with her to make their trip full of mummy dust. universal welcomes families. when one member of the family has a need that can be met with the card, guest services will make it happen.

most of the park is ADA structured but where there are needs when assistance is needed or elevators, etc, it will be accommodated for the family.

don't under rate the talents of the employees at guest services.
even other TM's, such as dark marauder, goes out of his way to help families enjoy their time at universal and make them feel like a VIP without having to take the VIP tour.

i don't know where you got your false information but it is not that case.
no one has to "fight" as you say when they need assistance for a specific need.

i have used them once and never ever had to fight for them.

there are different levels of those cards at universal.

i suggest the poster that has the special needs child work directly with guest services. they will positively work with her to make their trip full of mummy dust. universal welcomes families. when one member of the family has a need that can be met with the card, guest services will make it happen.

most of the park is ADA structured but where there are needs when assistance is needed or elevators, etc, it will be accommodated for the family.

don't under rate the talents of the employees at guest services.
even other TM's, such as dark marauder, goes out of his way to help families enjoy their time at universal and make them feel like a VIP without having to take the VIP tour.

i don't know where you got your false information but it is not that case.
no one has to "fight" as you say when they need assistance for a specific need.

Every time I go I have to fight for one, so yes, it does happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter