• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I need some help.

Geebs

Mouseketeer
Two of my best friends are getting married and heading to WDW for their honeymoon. I would live to give them a special gift for them to enjoy on the trip. However, all of the ideas I came up with aren't any good because they are getting one of those packages with everything included. Any ideas for something different?? Thanks for you help.

I don't know where your friends are staying, so I don't know if you could do something like this, but on our honeymoon, our groomsmen got together and contacted the Poly. They ordered us a bottle of champagne, a small food basket, some peach and white roses (which is what we had for our wedding) and some toasting flutes. It was wonderful! We came back to our room on our second night and the staff (room service??) had come into our room, put a tablecloth on our table, put the champagne on ice, set out the toasting flutes, dimmed the lights and arranged the roses, including some petals leading from the door to the bed and table. They left a congratulations card with the names of our groomsmen. It was so sweet of them to do and it really made our night! As we sat at the table, toasting our marriage, we were able to watch the water pagent parade from our room. :)

You could also contact Jane at Gifts of a Lifetime. She does wonderful things! One thing I've read about is that she'll follow people around "sneaking" pictures of them for a day. That could be a great gift! I would have really enjoyed something like that from our honeymoon!

What a wonderful thought.
I don't know if these ideas would work but we arranged for a Illuminations cruise for my in-laws anniversary (we were with them so it was easy to make sure it worked into the schedule).

MouseShoppe has Mickey Groom hats and Minnie Bride hats that would be fun if they would wear them.

For one of our anniversary trips my Hubby worked with WDW Florists to have a nice flower arrangement in our room. It was wonderful and we have found they are easy to work with.
Even things beyond just flowers they might work with you on.

Good Luck.

I suprised my wife with a delivery from the florist (you can get the number from CRO). I had them deliver a set of bride and groom mouse ears (make sure they wear them....more on that later), and Mickey & Minnie Bride & groom plush set (i.e. Beanie Babies).

The florist turned these items into a beautiful gift basket. It really was a nice suprise for my wife.

As for the mouse ears, we finally got around to wearing them into the park on our third day at WDW. When you wear them, all of the cast members know you're honeymooning and they go the extra mile to make you feel like royalty.

Here are some of my favorite memories from our honeymoon with the ears on:
  • Lunch at the Coral Reef @ EPCOT. They gave us a free wedding toast & desert
  • A free bump to the front of the line at Test Track...and a comp photo from our ride
  • The extra attention we received from the CM who takes the photo in front of SpaceShip Earth. We had a little private photo session with him :)
  • Our waiter dusting our dinnertable with "PixieDust" @ Cindy's Royal table, and the free wine glasses
  • Getting to pick our seat and ride RnR twice
  • Just the extra attention & pampering you receive from the CM's (and a good majority of guests) who knew we were on our honeymoon

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. I'd really recommend the mouse ears if they aren't already getting them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter