I need some help deciding on a resort...

DPaddock66

I was BORN with my EARS!!!
Let me start off by saying we are a family of 4. Me (35), DW (34), & 2 DS (13 & 11) have been to Disney 5 times in 5 years. The first few trips, we took the boys out of school to visit Disney; however, they are now getting older and missing school is not an option for me. We have only been during free dining offers of some sort and we realize free dining may be out of the picture for now...

First visit we stayed at All Star Sports in September of 2007.
Second, we stayed at All Star Movies in September of 2008.
Third, we splurged and stayed at Coronado Springs in December of 2009. Was a great resort and would suggest it to anyone trying to decide on a Moderate vs a Deluxe.
Fouth with my Mom, her Mom, my Sister, Brother-in-law & nephew & neice, we stayed at Pop in June of 2010.
Fifth trip, we splurged again and stayed at Wilderness Lodge in August of 2011. Probably our favorite resort, it rained alot this trip and having the whole resort indoors was awesome. However, I don't think it was worth the amount we spent over someplace like Coronado Springs.

Realizing that we spoiled ourselves, it is very hard to go back to an All Star again. The advantages of staying at Coronado Springs and the Wilderness Lodge were so many... Queen beds, shorter lines for bus stops, great dining options, seemed quieter...

We are now planning our next trip. Trying to be "fiscally responsible," we are trying to decide where to stay this time. We also have to take into account we may be paying out of pocket for all our meals for the first time.

We are going August 5th through 12th. Not sure if we will be flying or driving. I swore I would never drive again after the huge family trip, but since we may have to pay for all our meals, we have may have to look at cut some corners somewhere.

Here are our options, they include 7 day park tickets...

Option 1:
Disney's All-Star Music Resort, a Suite for $2,783.96
Option 2:
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort for $2,506.64
Option 3:
Disney's Pop Century Resort for $1903.68
Option 4:
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort for $1,864.16
Option 5:
Disney's Art of Animation Resort, a Suite for $3,170.40

Option 5 is probably out of the question, why pay more just for a new Resort.

Options 3 & 4 are basically the same, and would probably be a last resort option.

Since we have never stayed in a Suite, we are unsure of the advantages this option offers... I would like some opinions on the Suite vs Coronado Springs... What are some advantages of a Suite and finally some disadvantages... I am very sure 2 rooms with our boys getting older would be one of the biggest advantages...

Thanks in advance for your opinions...

Dan P

Though decision!
Are you planning on do any of your own cooking? The kitchenette in the suite can be a moneysaver even if you only will have breakfast and an occational dinner. I would say that you will appreciate the extra space in the suite. Either way is fine, you'll be at Disney!

I just love CSR. I'm staying at POFQ in Feb and very nervous and CSR is kind of our "home". Good luck on your choice, but remember what every you choose.... YOU'RE IN DISNEY WORLD! :banana:

I would stick with the moderate resort, CSR or the others. Sometimes you need to splurge a little. But it doesn't sound like that will put you in a bad position. Some people will tell you to stay value to save money but life is short...enjoy! Btw...both port Orleans resorts were refurbed and they are both great too!

I know this wasn't on your list, but we stay at Saratoga Springs in a 1 bedroom (there are 3 of us). I just booked a 7 day stay in April and it came to about 3,100 with 5 day park hoppers. We love the full kitchen adn the washer dryer. We usually eat breakfast in the room and sometimes lunch. Going home with clean clother is an added plus! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter