• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I need some good Poly stories!

momof3disneyholics

<font color=royalblue>Maternal Unit Extraordinaire
I am 40 days out from my first trip to the Poly and our longest to Disney ever. I am so anxious!! Can someone give some good stories that will hold me over and help me get my "Disney fix" today?

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

We were never Poly fans until our last trip around Labor Day weekend. We always thought Poly looks kind of dated and dark. Now it is definitely one of our favorite resorts to stay. I love the Volcano pool, the free arcade games offered in certain afternoons, the feel of the whole resort, especially at night and early in the morning.

We stayed in a concierge room and it was our first ever concierge experience and the food was great!!! The room was much larger than BC/YC and it is not dark at all. The transportation is the best in getting to MK. I would go back in a heartbeat!!!

I just keep having these pictures in my mind of laying in a hammock looking at the castle all lit up at night:earsgirl:

Add a drink to that...I did that last week. We just got back and it was fabulous. Room view great, mousekeeping, etc. The food was fantastic!

Have a great time!

We eat PB&J all year just to stay there!!! Nothing beats lying in bed and watching the castle turn different colors all night! Ahhh, just the thought!!!!!!!!!:D

Christine

Yep...in the hammock with your dd, drink in hand, watching the fireworks. Life just doesn't get any better!!! ahhhhh. Color us green with envy. Lucky you. It's a great resort. I don't think I'll ever forget when I told my dd to duck under the water in the volcano pool and she heard that underwater music for the first time!! Or watching the ducks in the quiet pool, living the life of Riley. Or just ambling around the resort after dark, listening, watching and smelling. Ah sheesh. Now I have to go get a tissue. I'm getting all teary!!!

Just booked today to stay in a Princess Suite in September 2004. We usually stay at the WL, so this will be totally new for us. Any info, especially on the concierge or the Tonga House would be greatly appreciated. We're so excited!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Oooooo ...... the Poly! We'll be there in less than 3 weeks!

Let's see, this is what we love ....

Walking into the GCH and taking a big whiff of the "scent" (not the smell :mad: ).

Hearing the Polynesian music everywhere you go.

The volcano pool. Swimming in it ..... sliding down the water slide ... sitting poolside sipping a Pina Colada.

The tropical plants and tiki torches.

Kona Cafe ... mmmm

Being greeted with Aloha!

Catching the monorail at the GCH.

Sitting on the beach or walking on the dock and seeing Cinderella's castle. Watching EWP and the fireworks from there too.

Hearing the whistle from the WDW RR or the howl from HM from across the lagoon.

Oh! I can't wait!!!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Debbie

When my grandson was 2 they were staying at the Poly in a ground level room. I convinced him that the ducks that were gathering outside the patio door were calling "Zack, Zack" as they wanted him to come out and play. He still calls them "his" ducks. I love the huge rooms and the bright and airy tropical feeling they have. The Kona Cafe is a favorite place and I love their coffee and desserts. Whatever happened to the huge chocolate carvings they had?

Do they still have those tropical drinks served in a pail with a shovel at the pool bar?I can't wait to go.

We stayed at the Poly in May 2003 for the first time for eight nights. Wow! Walking in the GCH for the first time was incredible. The aura, the sounds of the waterfall, and hearing aloha! everywhere you go. Loved hearing the train whistle outside, the tiki torches, and poly music all over the resort. Couldl not tear my kids away from the volcano pool. Watching the castle change colors at night from the beach of the Poly can't be beat. We're headed back to Disney in Dec, but this time to ASSR. We will all miss the Poly! :bounce:

The Polynesian is my favorite!

During our last stay in 2001, I watched MK fireworks all four nights, twice from the beach, once from 'Ohana and once from the Concierge Lounge. Watching from the Polynesian beach is great; it may even be better than being in MK! I also watched the Electrical Water Pageant twice.

On our arrival day, the first thing we did (midafternoon) was take the Epcot monorail. This was our boys first trip to WDW, and we got to sit in the front!

This year I passed up AP rate at the Yacht club to spend two nights at the Polynesian at a higher rate. I love just walking along the pathways, especially at night or early in the morning.

One morning we were walking from GCH to TTC. DS (5) saw a rabbit and asked "Daddy, is it real." We had to get close enough to get the rabbit to move to see if it was "real" before we could go on to the TTC.

I had the opportunity to stay at the Polynesian on my last visit, due to the Caribbean Beach being closed for refurbishments and it was wonderful. I had a "garden" view room in the Tokelau building (#1913 to be exact), but it had a wonderful view of the lagoon & Grand Floridian. The only downside I had with the Polynesian was the bus service. Most of the time it took between 20-30 minutes for a bus to DTD, MGM & AK. Also, the buses share with the GF, Contemporary, and at times, the Wilderness Lodge. This makes for a long trip going back to the resort. Other than the buses, I enjoyed the Polynesian very much. Don't forget to go out on the beach & watch the MK fireworks (if showing). At 9pm nightly, there is the Electrical Water Parade, which you can view from the beach. This is cute. The beach outside of the Tahiti building is much quieter than the main beach. Also, there is a water shuttle from the MK, which is a nice alternative to the monorail. Below is a link to my pictures from my last visit and include shots of the resort and room.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=2231378&uid=1179501

ENJOY!!!
:jester: :smooth:

We went with my BIL and his family last January and when we checked into our rooms and they saw the view (lagoon view) my SIL looked at my BIL and said "Go see if we can add on extra days!". Also the look on her face while we were standing at the Volcano pool was priceless - she was like "this is paradise", and thanked my profusely for picking the Polynesian.

Before the trip my SIL also told me that this was going to be their one and only trip to Disney, at least for the next 10 years. Well, needless to say they have booked another week with us at the Polynesian for this January!!!

Christine

I chose the Polynesian last year for a trip with my DD(3 1/2 at the time) while I was 6 months pregnant because of the location. I wanted the ease of monorail or boat to MK and monorail to Epcot. I had been to WDW on 7 previous trips and had stayed offsite, POR, BWV, Ft Wilderness cabins, Dolphin, & YC. I enjoyed all the resorts and would stay at any again except the offsite one until I stayed at the Poly. I LOVED it. It was such a relaxing place. I recently asked my DD what her favorite thing was about our trip and she'd usually say the monorail, or Figment but this time she said the "night". She too loved just walking around the resort at night with the music and tiki torches. It really is magical. I had read a number of negative reviews before my trip and would at times have 2nd thoughts. I am so glad I stayed at the Poly. I can't wait to go with my DH, DD(now 4 1/2), DS(turns 3 on trip) and new baby(will be nearly 1).

My DH thinks he's seen it all at WDW because he went once with me for 3 days. He thinks he'll be bored for 5 nights. I can't wait for him to experience the Polynesian. I know he'll love it and wait til he sees Disney through the eyes of his children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter