• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I need photo taking tips quick

RadioNate

DIS Veteran
We are going to tonight's Spurs (NBA) game. During the team introductions the players come out and hi-5 kids on the court. Tonight my DS will be on the court. I want great photos but am so scared that things will be so fast and it is in pretty low light that I won't get anything good.

So any tips. I have an S2IS.

It is very low light, crowded and fast paced. There is also theatrical type lighting and lots of flashing.

Set it on auto, use the IS, zoom as far as you can, hold it as steady as you can - and shoot LOTS of pics!!!

Best of luck!!!

yay or nay on flash?

Maybe I'll do the first few players with the flash and the rest w/out. If I can't get on the court, DH can be down there. I know one of the staff photographers but he isn't shooting tonights game. :(

RadioNate said:
yay or nay on flash?

Maybe I'll do the first few players with the flash and the rest w/out. If I can't get on the court, DH can be down there. I know one of the staff photographers but he isn't shooting tonights game. :(

Only if you are close enough for the flash distance; remember you need to be pretty close for an in-built unit. If you are, yes; but on auto the camera will decide.

Even I am excited!!!

Well thanks for the tips. Pretty much none of his photos came out BUT Tim Duncan did hi-five him so that was really cool. All the players were hitting the adults and big kids so he didn't really get anyone. Tim Duncan was of course last and he stopped bent down and hi-fived DS. He was grinning ear to ear.

I basically have white blurs and dark photos but it's ok.

The team photographer was shooting so I'm hoping he got a photo. DH's friend who works for the Spurs set the whole thing up so I'm sure he'll notice any photos of DS and pass them along.

I may not have any good photos but they gave DS a Coyote lunchbox, bobble head and Ginobli jersey so I guess I can live w/out the photos.

I am so sorry you had problems. I hope you get some 'official' ones. It does sound like you had a good (and proud) night though!

We did have a great night.

I put some of the photos I took up. A lot are blurry. It must be me. Most are from out seats and I haven't done any editing. I took a few from the terrace when we were getting cotton candy, lol. I really like 1 of the shots but it is very washed out. I don't really understand what happend because I didn't change any settings.

I think my auto focus point settings are all messed up. I need to look at that. That would explain why what I was trying to focus on is out of focus and other random points are clear. It of course wouldn't explain all the blur. I think some of that is me moving. It is hard to shoot with a 4 year old on your lap. I also wouldn't put it past my budding photographer to have messed with my camera.

Duh - here's the llink

http://web.mac.com/najlundy/iWeb/Site/Welcome.html

PM for username and password

Hey! There are some good ones there! I especially like the one of Nate & J! Good candid!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter