• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I need my coffee

Just regular brewed coffee? Bring along your own coffee maker and coffee and make your own! That's what I do when I go to Disney for race weekends because we have to be at the bus stop by 3:30 am and nothing is open yet!

But I just returned from a WL club level stay, and I thought the coffee in the lounge was great.

We've never stayed there before, but I can tell you with certainty it won't be the coffee from the coffeemaker in your room. Lol. I am a coffee snob, too, and I'm also curious where the good coffee is at WL. Were staying there for the first time in November.

If you really care I would just bring a French press and my own grounds. I havent found the Disney brewed coffee to be very good. I can deal because I just need the caffine but if you genuienly care about flavor and aroma you might be out of luck. There are starbucks in the park and joffreys.

I am a coffee snob too :) I have not found anything in the resorts that I liked much and I really prefer to have some in the room for first thing in the morning. On race weekends I usually bring my keurig but I am in FL and always drive my own car to the parks so that makes it easier. At AKL once last year we decided to travel light and just brought an aero-press. It is similar to a French press but more portable. We used the hot water from the coffee pot in the room with our own grinds in the aero press and it worked beautifully. So nice to be able to sit on the balcony and enjoy a good cup of coffee before starting your day in the parks!

Fwiw the brewed coffee onsite and the coffee pods in the rooms are Joffreys.
I know abt the coffee pods I just find hotel coffee pots to be unsanitary. Also large batch brew i dont really care for. When they are making 100+ cups at a time if changes the flavor

There is a Joffrey's in the lobby of the Contemporary... if you are boating over to take the monorail, you could make a detour. Both the Wave and Kona serve a nice pressed pot of coffee if you want to have a table service breakfast before hitting the parks. Otherwise, like the PP said there are both Joffrey's and Starbucks in all the parks.

Last edited:
I only like strong flavorful coffee. I bring my own because I have not found anything that works for me other than the French Pressed Kenyan at Jiko.

I'm not a coffee snob and will drink about anything and even I won't drink the coffee provided in the rooms! I bring my own coffeemaker and coffee (plus I fear the potential grossness of the room coffee maker - whether real or imagined)

Poly offers Kona coffee, but I don't know if it's a blend or straight Kona. That's a long way for coffee in the morning from where you will be. I typically pack from filters and single serving bags in the suitcase.

Just thinking about this a bit more--I mentioned I bring my own coffee maker. It is just a small 5 cup coffee maker and the pot is stainless steel, so I don't worry about glass breaking. It DOES take up a lot of room in the suitcase, but you can stuff your coffee/filters, etc. into the pot itself or the top part where the coffee goes for brewing to help save space.
I've been working really hard on my last few vacations on "traveling light" and I've got to the point where I can take a 5 night trip to Italy or Disney World with just a carryon size duffel bag like this https://www.nargear.com/shop/firefighter/carry-on/

For me, the best coffee at Disney World is at Tea Traders by Joffrey's in The Landing area of Disney Springs. Back in May, they had a new menu with 4 or 5 different coffees from various parts of the world. Each cup was made on demand. I honestly can't recall if it was French Press or pour-over. But, it was far superior to any other "quick serve" option on property.

(I recognize this isn't helpful to madmar because Disney Springs isn't near Disney's Wilderness Lodge.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter