I need interview tips!

Laurenn

Fall 2010 Hopeful!
Hi everybody!
My name is Lauren and I would like to get accepted for Fall 2010.

I have a great personality, can hold a great conversation, but I'm terrified I will do my best and they will reject me!!

Has anybody aced their interview and gotten rejected?
I am so nervous about that-- I cant stand it!

Thank you!!

Be confident, smile, and stay positive! Be as prepared as possible- there are tons of resources out there: blogs, vlogs, forums. You can find many examples of questions they might ask with a little research. Think about different types of works situations- like worst case scenarios. Think about your own work experience, if you have any, and examples you can use. If not, make sure you think of the questions as far as a work environment goes, not school.

Good luck!! The interview's not too bad at all! Some good advice I've heard is that it's not necessarily about having the right answers but how you say the answers. Especially if you've never had any job experience, they know you might not have the experience to answer questions perfectly. But just stay calm, and answer in the best way that you can.

If you sound somewhat normal, answer questions somewhat well, and don't say you hate Disney guests, odds are you get the job. No joke. It's a lot of "what would you do if..." and most any positive answer will do.

Smile! They know if your smiling, even through the phone. Stay positive and calm. Don't talk his/her ear off, but don't give one word answers either. Make it like a light conversation. They don't care if you have to take a moment to gather your thoughts and come up with an answer.

Just come up with some situations you think might happen in your top 3 role choices. There's also a great (really long) thread around here somewhere just loaded with potential questions that the interviewer may ask. If someone has the link? Or you could just search for it.

I'm not sure, but it might be good to refer to customers as guests, employees as cast members, etc. You might even want to wish her/him a magical day!

Just have fun with it and try your hardest -- that's what I'm going to do. Good luck to us for fall 2010!

Also, go through the forums/blogs and look at some of the sample questions that have been asked on previous interviews, and look at and think of good answers ahead of time. I did so much research for the interview that when my interviewer started asking the questions, I could tell exactly what question she was going to ask. I had my answers prepared so I felt a lot more confident going in and I think that confidence definitely helps because it comes across in your voice.

And I know it's been said before, but smile! It's so true, they can definitely hear it on the other end of the line.

Smile. Keep your face "bright" while you are talking to bring out some passion for the Company and the role. PRACTICE. Have someone ask you random interview questions. I am a HUGE proponent of Toastmasters International. Lots of opportunity to practice thinking and speaking on the fly with "table topics" and you will learn to hear your own "ums" "ahs" and other fillers. If you are asked a question which stumps you (it happened to me), buy yourself a little extra thinking time by saying slowly, "Wow, that's a really good question, let me think about that for a minute", then actually think about it.

I had two big things that stuck out during my PI interview. First, I said, "I ADORE Disney!" (really? who says that??? :confused3) Second, they asked a question which stumped me (don't remember what it was), so I pulled out the "good question" bit which led to a pregnant pause which led to them rephrasing the question which led to my brain finally coming up with an example of a time when...

Moral of the story: you can make interview blunders, but if you are passionate about Disney and sincere in your desire to work here, the interviewers are savvy enough to overlook the oopsies and see the diamond in the rough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter