I need info on WDW portrait photography

WANNABE@WDW

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have the telephone # for the Disney photography studio. We are thinking about having them done on our Dec trip. I can't find a link for them on the Disney site either. Has anyone done the private family portraits lately?

I was wondering if Dinsey provided this service. We really need to get this done also. I know that the photographers that my sil had for her Disney wedding was awesome! I would love to get pictures done at Dinsey.

Thanks for the links. Maybe one of them will do just family portraits. Thanks!

Hi! :wave:

Disney does do family portraits at the parks. I had a session with them back in 2003. We met the photographer when the park opened in front of the castle. He took pictures of us in front of the castle, and around the park. He speant 1.5 hours with us, and we got around 40 pics. They also picked out 8 of the best shots and put them in a nice portfolio with the WDW emblem on the front. You do get a 4x6 'proof' of each shot, but there is nothing on the pictures designating this, so you can just use them as your pics. The price was $298.00 for this. We have a honeymoon portrait session booked for this December! :banana:

Go to their website at http://www.collages.net/disneyweddings
Make the user name blank, and type in 1971 for the password. You then have to enter in your email, but then you are on their sample website. They have samples posted for weddings, bridal session, family portraits, and honeymoons. You can call Disney Photography at 407-827-1578 or Disney Event Group at 330-755-2335.

Hope this helps!

LittleBlackRaincloud said:
Hi! :wave:

Disney does do family portraits at the parks. I had a session with them back in 2003. We met the photographer when the park opened in front of the castle. He took pictures of us in front of the castle, and around the park. He speant 1.5 hours with us, and we got around 40 pics. They also picked out 8 of the best shots and put them in a nice portfolio with the WDW emblem on the front. You do get a 4x6 'proof' of each shot, but there is nothing on the pictures designating this, so you can just use them as your pics. The price was $298.00 for this. We have a honeymoon portrait session booked for this December! :banana:

Go to their website at http://www.collages.net/disneyweddings
Make the user name blank, and type in 1971 for the password. You then have to enter in your email, but then you are on their sample website. They have samples posted for weddings, bridal session, family portraits, and honeymoons. You can call Disney Photography at 407-827-1578 or Disney Event Group at 330-755-2335.

Hope this helps!

Do you think it was worth the money? Did you get to go places where the normal person wouldn't be able to go?

TIA!!

I think the only place you go not allowed normally is in the rose garden to the right of the castle. You're allowed on the actual grass, so that your picture won't have other people in it.

Now, if you have a Bridal portrait session (for $800!!!), you get to be on a balcony of the castle for pics.

I thought it was worth it. I got over 30 pics, and the nice portfolio. The actual process of having the portraits made was fun also because our photographer had worked for disney over 25 years, and had worked just about every job, and shared some neat stories about the park as we walked around. It was like our own private short tour. Just so you know, you can have a session at any of the parks or resorts also.

LittleBlackRaincloud said:
I think the only place you go not allowed normally is in the rose garden to the right of the castle. You're allowed on the actual grass, so that your picture won't have other people in it.

We did this at the Magic Kingdom in Dec. 2004 over XMAS and we were not allowed on the grass. We stood by the rail in that area. This was a lousy spot because the sun was right in our eyes, and we didn't get a single decent picture with the castle. The photographer also was really awful about getting my DS's (ages 5 & 8) to smile. They'd tell us to "say cheese" or "smile" and that was it. Anyone who's photographed children this age knows you have to work with them differently to get any kind of a natural smile.

We then moved to the place where I think they do Belle's storytelling, and then down to the dock area by the riverboat. These pictures were better as far as not squinting from being blinded by the sun, but you couldn't really tell we were at WDW which was one of the main points of the whole portrait session.

We were the first photo session of the day, which explains why we had the morning sun in our eyes when the castle was to our back. This was good because we were all fresh & clean for our pictures, and I guess it's supposed to be good lighting for photographs, but it just didn't work for us.

Randy Chapman shot our wedding in January '04- The wedding was in Melbourne, FL but he does Disney photography and we met him at one of the Resorts to pick up our photo album the day before we left (we were there for 2 weeks)

He was very reasonable and was able to please my dh who is a photographer and very discerning about hiring a photographer. I would hire Randy for Disney portraits anytime!

MAReed- Sorry you had such a bad experience. We don't have children, and it was jsut the two of us. I'm also sorry they didn't let you on the grass like we did. Once we were on the grass we were able to stand slightly to the side in order to not have the light directly in our eyes. I know that our photographer took suggestions from us about where we wanted pics at (in front of the haunted mansion, liberty square, etc). He wanted to take us to Belles garden, but I told him no, that I'd rather stick with places more Disneyish becuase like you, I wanted to make sure you could tell where we were! I hope that you got at least a few pictures you liked!

anniet- How did you like Randy? I have him booked to photograph our wedding, and so far have heard only good things about him. I did not realize that he did portrait sessions in the parks (for some reason, I thought only Disney photographers could do that)...I'll have to ask him about it! I might enjoy having him do the pics in the park this time, so that we have a different look about our pics compared to the Disney ones from before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter