• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I need ideas

bnts1993

Mouseketeer
Feb 14th is my anniversary and Feb 15th is my daughters 17 b-day. The trip is a surprise since we did not have a sweet 16 party.
Anywho I need ideas for a B-day dinner restaurant for a 17 year old and also place for me to celebrate my anniversary?

I was thinking of Chef Mickey but is that babyish? ( I do have a 3 year old that would love it but this is about her not him) I was going to try to get it so we can watch wishes.

That really depends on the 17 yr old. Chef Mickey is characters and there will be a TON of families with small children and children of all ages. The food is not very good, so you're paying for the characters. If she loves the characters, then this might be a good fit for you.

If you want to celebrate in a little more classy and less noisy way, I'd do Calif Grill (you can see Wishes from the restaurant) or maybe one of the signatures over at Grand Floridian.

we went when my girl was 17 it was not really her thing as she is a foody girl (and at best you could describe the food as OK), she still had a good time but she preferd the limo we booked to go than the meal. Xmas eve treat so the Xmas theme made it better for her (and all of us - also it and limo were a free trip with booking). She is now 18 and has just chossen her choices for our next trip-
San Angelos inn- she love the atmosphere her, Planet Holywood, (she loved hardrock in Universal when she was 17 we also got a backlot tour here (you just ask its free) and that was the highlight of her trip)- not sure if I'd book it as a special meal but it was near the top of her list, She also likes the look of diner California gril and teppan edo and Scifi dinner for lunch. We also always go to Kona as her and her little sis are shushi fans (not me so much) if you book a day wishes is on you can then have a drink on the beach after diner to watch the fireworks (we always do this at new year and its very special).

Why don't you ask this question in the teens section, they would probably give you the best answers.

That really depends on the 17 yr old. Chef Mickey is characters and there will be a TON of families with small children and children of all ages. The food is not very good, so you're paying for the characters. If she loves the characters, then this might be a good fit for you.

If you want to celebrate in a little more classy and less noisy way, I'd do Calif Grill (you can see Wishes from the restaurant) or maybe one of the signatures over at Grand Floridian.
not bad idea:thumbsup2

For your anniversary, can the 17 year old watch the 3 year old while you 2 have a nice dinner at V&A's? If you can't budget that, AP at WL, Jiko at AKL and Citricos at GF are three of the more romantic restaurants on property. Maybe you trust them enough to go to CM without you?

I think CG would be a nice choice for her birthday. It's not quiet by any means, especially if your looking to go around Wishes time, but it's still a good meal with a great view. :thumbsup2

I see from your ticker that your trip is only a month + away.
I suggest you go online ASAP and see what, if anything, is still available.
I know it is a surprise to new visitors, but many of the popular restaurants book solidly 6 months in advance.
See what choices you still have and then ask for opinions here. For example California Grill and Chef Mickey's are probably booked, so there is no sense in us getting your hopes up.
Good Luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter