I need ideas on what to get somebody special

Goldmoon1380

Earning My Ears
We are going to Disney for the first time at the end of August. Our sister inlaw's father gave us a week time share at the Sheraton Vistana Resort plus an extra night on site for our trip. We want to thank him by getting him something nice from Disney. I was wondering if anybody can give me some ideas on what to get him so we don't spend a lot of time trying to find something nice.

If you give us a few more details, I am sure we can come up with lots of ideas.

Is he:
- a big Disney fan
- a wine fan
- favorite hobby

anything to go on, the possibilities are endless in WDW, especially the World Showcase for diversity.

InstImpres said:
If you give us a few more details, I am sure we can come up with lots of ideas.

Is he:
- a big Disney fan
- a wine fan
- favorite hobby

anything to go on, the possibilities are endless in WDW, especially the World Showcase for diversity.

We really don't know much about him, or what he might like. I was thinking maybe getting him something simple but thoughtful that won't cost me much.

Does he make frequent trips to the parks? I'm guessing he does if he owns a timeshare close enough to share with you. In that case, the only thing I can think of is to buy one of those bricks in the Epcot walkway. Sorry, don't know the correct name for them.

Anyway, buy a brick in his name. Maybe add a descriptor like "Thanks to John Doe."

I find that people who are old enough to be FILs are quite set in their ways and have all the "stuff" they need or want. By getting him a brick, you're still demonstrating your gratefulness, yet not loading him down with something he has to display our use. It's permanent, a conversation piece, and inconspicuous.

If you don't like that idea, I'd say get him something that is expendible (food, wine, writing paper, gift certificate, etc). Again, just because, IMO, people that age really don't need or want "stuff."

Oh, I forgot. Needless to say, he'll probably treasure a detailed, hand-written thank you note most of all. (Email is too tacky for a gift this generous.) Include separate notes from the kids, if you have any. Even if the kids can't write, let them draw a picture or something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter