• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I Need Help!!!!!

denverdi

Earning My Ears
Hi there, Okay so we recieved the DW trip planning kit. I am doomed. I have to go now. I have wanted to go for a really really long time and now I cannot get it out of my head. HELP!!!

What is the cheapest anyone has been able to go for a week (7days). DH 40 ME -- DS 14 DD12. I would like to go 12/11/04 -12/17/04 all Disney except one side trip to Kennedy. DS is a huge fan. We would like to stay in a moderate. We don't need fancy sit down meals. How much do you think we can do this for?
Needing CHEAP REALLY REALLY CHEAP. Can you all help me out here?????:confused:

Well, to start you out...I'd buy an annual pass (at least 1) so I could take advantage of the $79 (plus tax) a night offerings at the moderate resorts.

For 7 nights that expense would be somewhere around $610.

Next I'd read everything I could about the "Connections" vouchers, see the info at the very top of the postings on this Budget board.

Then I would probably join Hotwire and order my Park Hoppers through them because those are the best prices I've found anywhere. (I would pay attention to the cancellation policy if Hotwire was not something I was going to stay with, although many, many Disers have reported being able to save a good deal more if they regularly shop at some of the "buy $25 coupons for $20" (savings of 20% on everyday purchases) stores which I believe include Target and more.

Ok...that should get you started. After you check these out...start asking more questions!

One add'l note: HAVE YOU BOUGHT YOUR AIRFARE if you are flying? There are some great deals out there right now...look at related posts on this Budget Board. If you are driving, calculate the car/gas/time saved by flying ratios and decide.

If flying you will need transportation to/from the airport and a rental car for one day to go to Kennedy.

You can get terrific deals on timeshares that time of year and reduce your costs even further by eating some of your meals there. Check out some of the websites like skyauction.com. I've seen weeks go as low as $300 for 1 and 2 br condos.

Sheila

What kind of budget do you consider to be CHEAP REALLY REALLY CHEAP? My kids are the same ages as yours. If I can spend a week in WDW for less than $3500, I think that I've done well. Tickets alone will cost you over $1000. The airfare will be close to another $900. Add the rental car (about $200), hotel (about $600) and meals ($700 for 7 days) and you'll be right around that price and that doesn't include any souvenirs.

I always find it best to start with the amount that I have to spend and then work backwards from there. You may not be able to control your airfare costs but you can choose a less-expensive hotel. You can decide that KSC can be saved for another trip and you won't need a rental car (just ground transportation from the airport). You can purchase 4-day (or even 3-day) Park Hoppers instead of passes that cover 5 or more days. Bring food and do meals in your room rather than eating in the parks.

So, if you give us an idea of what kind of $$$ you can spend and if you'll be flying or driving, maybe we can tell you whether it's a realistic number or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter