I need help

pennilessinpa

Mouseketeer
:scared: :worried: :figment: We are really confused. We never have used a travel agent, so we don't have someone to ask questions (we only go to Disney, and after all the trips, we don't need an agent).

Anyway, we have been contemplating a Disney cruise (have never been on a cruise before).

We are a family of 5 (kids 15, 10, 8). We tried a AAA travel agent whi was completely uninterested in "helping" us decide on a cruise and answering questions - she only wanted to book it.

The ones on-line seem to be just that - on-line, no one to talk to.

Where do you go for answers? Does Dreams Unlimited have a person to talk to?

I need to know: What can we expect to pay? Should we book 2 category 10's or 1 category 4? We need to go June through August. Should we try a 3 day or just go for a 4 day (to get more bang for the buck)?

It just seems so expensive that I want to make sure that we really get our money's worth?

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :crazy: :confused:

We always book directly through disney, just for the convenience of being able to ask questions or if a problem arises they can quickly resolve it fo ryou, which has happened to us a couple of times.
I have heard dreams unlimited is a good outfit, but I dont know if they have people you can call and talk to.

There is abook called the passporter which is full of information and a great resourse for you. Not sure of the price, but it isnt very much. Also go to DCL's official web site and you can order a free DVD from them. This will answer a few questions too, Plus the people on these boards are very friendly and helpful. So dont be afraid to ask questions.

I would go for the 4 day. That sea day is so much fun, so many things to choose from to do.
good luck and feel free to PM me on this board to ask other questions you may have, I am happyt o try to help you if I can.
I am goinjg on our 13th DCL cruise next month, so I have some experiences I can share.

mom x4,grandma x4 :wave:

We've done 2 Disney Cruises. We did a 4 day in 2001 and a 7 day eastern Caribbean in 2003. No kids on the 1st and the whole family on the 2nd. We did use AAA but found that the information they provided was the same as the info on the Disney Cruise Line website. They did make a few suggestions for our first cruise which I used on the second as well. We were first time cruisers and were worried about seasickness. Our TA suggested midship, middle decks. We had room 6576 on deck 6 with a private verandah. In fact, if you take the ships virtual tour it will be our stateroom!!! As the other poster stated, ask any questions and someone here will help...You can also pm me if you'd prefer...Happy planning...It really is a LOT of fun!

You can book through Disney and then transfer your ressie to an agent, like AAA or Dreams, where you can then take advantage of their on board credit offers.

Relax, you have come to the right place! Read the main page of these boards for lots of tips and advice. The Passporter (as mentioned) is a great resource as well! Also, contact Disney for their free DCL info DVD, the kids will enjoy touring the ship via the DVD.

Definitely go for the 4 day!!! With just 3 days, I imagine you'll feel like you are unpacking just to pack again.

Good luck, and happy planning! :sunny: :wave:

Just supporting the purchase of a PassPorter. It was an invaluable tool to our little family of 8!
Good luck and have a great time!

I vote you just give me your vacation money...I will go on the cruise for you and you can live your vacation vicariously through my trip reports. :rotfl2:

Seriously, we booked through a TA for a cruise this past August and she sucked (Liberty Travel). We stopped at AAA first and that TA was even worse. I figured a TA could fight for you to maybe get upgrades or change in dining rotation etc. SHE DID NOTHING. I even read some trip reports where the TA sent a little gift. NOTHING. It was the same price booking online vs going through a travel agent. We learned way more reading trip reports and threads. Find a thread of the date you want and people provide all types of info. We used Passporter book too and looked at the DVD.

I would strongly suggest getting the Disney Visa card. First you can pay for your trip over 6 months. Plus you get Reward Dollars. We put the cruise on the card and $50 to spend on board.

Shop an agency and see if you can get any extra ship credits or what not. It does not cost you anything except some time. If you cannot get a better deal...book online.

GD

cruisecompete.com. There is another board that I sometimes visit, www.cruise-addicts.com and they have all kinds of info on cruises and the different lines. Visit their community forum where most of the regulars hang out. They use cruisecompete a lot. Like the DIS boards, you can ask them anything about cruises and someone there will answer it. FYI though, they all think that DCL is expensive. BUT...they know ports, excursions, hotels, eateries, etc...Tell them seascape says :wave:

Another place for great info is the sticky threads at the top of this forum. I found the FAQ especially helpful. I also went to cruisecritics.com for more info. If you didn't want to buy a book try the local library.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter