I need help with Magic Bands~~

Dpflake

Earning My Ears
Mine and my husband’s Magic Bands arrived today. I have never used one before since my last trip was in 2009. If our hotel reservation and confirmation number are are listed on MDE do I need to do anything to link it to our Magic Bands? If so, how would I do that. Also, I’m purchasing our tickets using UT how would I put those tickets onto our Magic Bands? Do I link each ticket for an individual person to their assigned Magic Band or would each ticket entered be attached to all Magic Bands? Or would I enter my husband’s tickets need to be manually linked to his assigned Magic Band and would my ticket have to be manually linked to my assigned Magic Band? If this is the case how would I go about doing that? Will I have to wait until I check into our Disney hotel to attach credit card to Magic Band in order to charge items using the bang? Would this be something I could do beforehand? I apologize for the questions but I’m just totally lost right now and I would like for everything to go smoothly. Thanks 😊

No worries - if you ordered your MBs through your MDE account, you’re all set. Think of MDE as a house that holds all your WDW stuff - resort reservations, ADRs, tickets, park passes. Your MBs are just the keys that open the door and pull out the necessary information. Just like you can have several different keys that open the door of your house, you can have several MBs that you can use interchangeably.
When you tap your MB on the tapstile at the park, the MB connects to your MDE account and tells the tapstile that you have a ticket and a reservation for that park, and the Mickey turns green and lets you in. When you tap your MB to your resort door, the MB connects to your MDE account and tells the lock it’s your room and lets you in.

When you get your ticket numbers, you can link them to your MDE account and assign them to yourself and your husband (it’s easy, MDE walks you through it), and you’ll be set.

Also, when you do online checkin on MDE, you’ll enter your credit card number and set your PIN. So when you tap your MB to the pad in the store or the restaurant and enter your PIN, the MB connects to your MDE and adds that charge to your account.

No worries - if you ordered your MBs through your MDE account, you’re all set. Think of MDE as a house that holds all your WDW stuff - resort reservations, ADRs, tickets, park passes. Your MBs are just the keys that open the door and pull out the necessary information. Just like you can have several different keys that open the door of your house, you can have several MBs that you can use interchangeably.
When you tap your MB on the tapstile at the park, the MB connects to your MDE account and tells the tapstile that you have a ticket and a reservation for that park, and the Mickey turns green and lets you in. When you tap your MB to your resort door, the MB connects to your MDE account and tells the lock it’s your room and lets you in.

When you get your ticket numbers, you can link them to your MDE account and assign them to yourself and your husband (it’s easy, MDE walks you through it), and you’ll be set.

Also, when you do online checkin on MDE, you’ll enter your credit card number and set your PIN. So when you tap your MB to the pad in the store or the restaurant and enter your PIN, the MB connects to your MDE and adds that charge to your account.
Thank you so much for explaining everything to me. I knew that it was going to be probably simple. I just wanted to ask and make sure. So basically as long as everything is entered on MDE it shows up on the Magic Bands. Thank you again 😊

And if for some reason, the MBs don't work on your room door or something (happens to us a lot), just go to the front desk and they will re-zap them so they work smoothly :)

Thank you so much for explaining everything to me. I knew that it was going to be probably simple. I just wanted to ask and make sure. So basically as long as everything is entered on MDE it shows up on the Magic Bands. Thank you again 😊
Also if you run into any issues just go to guest services or the front desk.they can sort it out.

And if for some reason, the MBs don't work on your room door or something (happens to us a lot), just go to the front desk and they will re-zap them so they work smoothly :)
I hope everyone runs smoothly however I will definitely keep this in mind. That is one of the main reasons (besides souvenir purposes 😊) I’m going to bring along my KTW with me everywhere just in case MB doesn’t work or has a malfunction. Thank you 😀

I hope everyone runs smoothly however I will definitely keep this in mind. That is one of the main reasons (besides souvenir purposes 😊) I’m going to bring along my KTW with me everywhere just in case MB doesn’t work or has a malfunction. Thank you 😀

If you have Magic Bands, you don't get a Keys To The World card unless you specifically ask for one at the front desk.

And if you do online check-in, you usually see your room number in the MDE app so you don't need to go to the front desk. You can go straight to your room. The Magic Bands should work to unlock the room door.

You can also use your phone to unlock the door to your room, if for some reason your MB doesn't work.

I have a question. We have two trips planned. A summer trip at the Dolphin and a December trip at POR. We got the magic bands for the December trip but we do not get bands for the August trip. I bought tickets from Boardwalk ticketing and they are linked to my account. How do I ensure that each ticket gets connected to the right person? Also, I have a friend coming with us on this trip. I purchased tickets but want to use a Magic Band that is connected to someone else. Can we do this?

Also, I have a friend coming with us on this trip. I purchased tickets but want to use a Magic Band that is connected to someone else. Can we do this?

No. Sorry. The Magic Bands are not interchangeable between people once linked.

I have a question. We have two trips planned. A summer trip at the Dolphin and a December trip at POR. We got the magic bands for the December trip but we do not get bands for the August trip. I bought tickets from Boardwalk ticketing and they are linked to my account. How do I ensure that each ticket gets connected to the right person? Also, I have a friend coming with us on this trip. I purchased tickets but want to use a Magic Band that is connected to someone else. Can we do this?
When you load the tickets into your MDE, you connect each ticket by its individual number to an individual person in your F&F list. That’s how you ensure each ticket is connected to the right person. As far as the MBs are concerned, once a MB is linked to one person it can not be transferred to another person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter