I need help with ideas to celebrate dd and dsil celebrate 10th Anniversary. TIA!

kelsea823

Earning My Ears
Hi All,
We are sailing on the Dream May 18th through the 22nd. My dd and dsil will be celebrating their 10th wedding anniversary. What can I do to help celebrate! They don't drink and they already turned down Palos. Any ideas would be welcome!
It's on Castaway Cay day so I was going to try and get them to go to the adult only beach. We are taking their 5 year old son with us and they don't think they want to miss a second of Disney magic with him!
Thanks!

Hi All,
We are sailing on the Dream May 18th through the 22nd. My dd and dsil will be celebrating their 10th wedding anniversary. What can I do to help celebrate! They don't drink and they already turned down Palos. Any ideas would be welcome!
It's on Castaway Cay day so I was going to try and get them to go to the adult only beach. We are taking their 5 year old son with us and they don't think they want to miss a second of Disney magic with him!
Thanks!
Honestly, I'd say they've made their preference known by saying they want to spend the time with their child.

Beyond that, about all you can do is pick up the "I'm Celebrating" buttons at Guest Services, and making sure your servers are aware of the anniversary, so they can bring the special celebration dessert and sing their song.

Maybe book them a Cabana Massage while on CC or some other spa treatment on board that day. You could also treat them to a photo of them taken that day either on CC or on board when they have all the backdrops out.

Sorry about the double "celebrate" in the title - I sent it from my phone and didn't notice :)

We will definitely get the "I'm celebrating" button and I'm glad that they can get a special dessert. I already noted that on the reservation but I will remind the servers.

The spa and picture idea are good too! We are also going to feed the stingrays that day. Does Disney decorate rooms or anything before we get there?

Sorry about the double "celebrate" in the title - I sent it from my phone and didn't notice :)

We will definitely get the "I'm celebrating" button and I'm glad that they can get a special dessert. I already noted that on the reservation but I will remind the servers.

The spa and picture idea are good too! We are also going to feed the stingrays that day. Does Disney decorate rooms or anything before we get there?
Only if you buy a celebration package from the In-Room gifts.

That's so sweet of you!! But your DD and DSIL sound like me. I don't want to be away from my little ones all that much on vacation.

That being said, how about you take your grandson into your room to sleep or you babysit him in their room one night? Maybe encourage them to enjoy a night out on the ship sans kid? I know by nighttime I would love some peace and quiet with my husband. I understand that they are not big drinkers but maybe they would like some of the adult clubs? I heard there are adult games like Match your Mate. Or maybe they just want to go for a moonlit stroll on deck?

I know there are the kids clubs which my children adored but I always got the call later on in the evening to come pick up my youngest one and she was ready for bed. There were some nights when I was really wishing my mom was there just to stay with her for a couple of hours. The ship is so beautiful especially at night. I would have loved to stay out longer with my husband.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter