I need Help With Cookies

I have been on the quest for the 'perfect' chocolate chip cookie for quite awhile now. Thank goodness my friends are willing taste testers! By far, this recipe has gotten two thumbs up from everyone.

http://www.recipezaar.com/Bakery-Style-Chewy-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies-80470

Even though I like my recipe I might have to try these. :thumbsup2

I really didn't need to see how many calories are in those cookies though. On biggest loser I thought they said there cookies were 100 calories each not over 200 :scared1:

I wanted to add - if you live at a higher altitude then adding a bit of extra flour keeps them from spreading out.

I live at 5000 Ft. and because I am lazy I buy the premade dough via the store or school fund raisers. On the rare occassions that I actually make the cookies from scratch I add an extra tablespoon of flour to keep the cookies round and intact.

Also, make sure your butter/margarine is not TOO soft. It should be soft to the touch, but you should not be able to push your finger through it. :thumbsup2

If your recipe calls for preheating the oven at 375, like many chocolate chip cookie recipes do, set it for 350 instead. This will give you the "undercooked" effect that ncmickeyluvr and mamacatnv mentioned. They do cook a little more after you take them out. Let them sit on the pan for a few minutes to "settle".

And like java, I use a little extra flour. It shouldn't be sticking to your hands if you try to form a ball. Careful not to add too much flour though, or you'll be right back to hard cookies.

This goes against the person who said real butter, but I actually prefer to use Crisco instead of butter. Or at least half butter and half Crisco.

One more thing, I keep my dough in the fridge until I am ready to scoop it. If it warms up too much, it gets sticky, and you'll be tempted to add too much flour.

Now, can I please have a few cookies? Chocolate chip are my favorite!! :love:

I agree-Crisco vs butter. They are MUCH better with Crisco then butter :thumbsup2.

Also, to keep them soft after baking, place a slice of bread in the storage container on top of the cookies.

I was going to suggest this...also if you add a little invert sugar (numoline) to the cookie dough, it helps them keep better. Numoline is available at most bakery supply stores and sometimes in your supermarket. It's the ingredient in Bunny Bread that keeps it softer longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter