I need help, we are celebrating my sons first birthday and my 35th in 2 weeks in WDW.

Wcpedorc

Mouseketeer
Do any of you have any birthday tips to make this a special trip? RustManFan DISigned us an awesome license plate for his stroller, but that's about all I've got, please help me make our birthdays more magical.

We're celebrating DD's first birthday at WDW in October. I'm making her a special birthday shirt to wear. We also have dinner at the castle planned for the day we are celebrating it. Can you book a fun dinner for you guys? You can note the birthdays on your reservation.

A character meal for the photo opps is mandatory! Chief Mickey or Crystal Palace works well. A cute birthday t-shirt or two, maybe a special cake.

I will talk to my wife about a character meal, I'm not sure if that's in our budget, youth ministry salary. We won't be on site, Orange Lake great deal on ebay, so we can't do the fun on site, reservation related birthday stuff. The birthday shirts are a neat idea. Thanks for the ideas so far, please keep them coming

When you arrive at the park go to Guest Services and get birthday buttons for you and your son. When we went for DD's birthday everyone told her happy birthday and even sang happy birthday to her at Columbia Harbor House.

Even though you are staying off site, I would set him up with a 'welcome/birthday basket' and decorate the room with balloons/streamers when he is sleeping. I remember my son's first birthday - and it seems like balloons and bubbles were the only things about his party that interested him. :laughing:
If you plan on bringing him to character meets include a photo album in the basket, a mickey plush, a couple of Disney board books for while you're waiting in the park, they also sell Disney themed toddler snacks at most grocery stores. Pureed fruit and fruit crisps come to mind.
Is he in need of a haircut yet? Harmony barber shop in magic kingdom has a great 'first haircut' package that includes ears and everything.
Really this birthday is one that only you and mom will remember, so make sure to get pictures of the great things you do with him :)

Have fun!

Do you have a Disney Visa? I'd go to the Character meeting thing and bring an oversized birthday card for both you and your son and see the characters' reactions.

I remember when I told Pluto I had a cute little girl dog at home that would be a perfect lady for him, he "got excited" and rolled over for me to pet his belly.

I would get your son the Mickey ears which has the birthday hat and have his name embroidered across the back.

Also one night at dinner order him a birthday cake or maybe a cupcake dessert in which you can stick in a candle and sing Happy Birthday to him. If you do the whole birthday cake I beleive you will need to order in advance. Call before your trip and ask customer service how to go about doing that.

You can get his "1st" haircut at the Barber Shop on Main Street. Doesn't have to really be his 1st. I think they give you a certificate.

Not sure if you are taking a backpack or not, but you could bring a photo matte (just the matte, not the frame or glass or anything). Have the characters sign the matte, then when you return home you can use the matte to put around a photo of your son with frame and hang it in your house.

I love first haircut idea! Does that need reservations? The card and photo thing being signed are great too, a memory that can last! We don't have Disney visa, so that's out. Does it cost extra to embroider ears? That's a good one too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter