• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I need help from someone who was at WDW for Halloween

SamanthaL

<font color=purple>I got the cute kids AND <font c
I know it is a long way off but I was hoping to catch someone who just came back and did the NSSHP. Were you able to eat at LTT while the park was closed? We did this during MVMCP and it worked great. We did have trouble getting the ressie because the CM's didn't know how to pull up the special screen on the computer. Did you have any trouble booking it?
Any tips would be great! Thanks.

We are just back from having done MNSSHP and had a 5:30 PS at LTT this past October. It did work out great. We finished around 6:30 and then just got to meander around Liberty Square until 7 when the party began. We were able to get in the Photo line quickly and then get on the first Riverboat ride which hardly had anybody on it. It is a character meal as well and the characters were all in Halloween costumes.

When I made the PS, there was some confusion when I called and a supervisor type CM had to help out my original CM. I was also able to do this well in advance of the 90 day mark.

Keep an eye on these boards as they were what tipped me off that they were taking PS for those with MNSSHP tickets.

DD (6 1/2) and I had a great time that night both at LTT and MNSSHP.

Have fun!

Campinggal- Do you remember when they started booking for the Halloween party? Also when were you able to book the LTT? Would you mind filling me in on your itinerary that day? I am just trying to decide what time we would need to be back in the park before closing and such.
Sorry I am an obsessive planner and won't have access to my computer on a regular basis soon so I wanted all the info. before I am off line.:o

No worries SamathaL! I'm an obsessive planner too so I'm glad to help!

It was May they announced the dates for MNSSHP for that October and just a few days/weeks (still May) after that I started seeing threads on the boards that they were taking reservations for LTT for MNSSHP nights. So I booked that in May too- well ahead of the 90 day mark.

I remember this because I actually purchased my MNSSHP ticket and got a PS for MNSSHP before I had even confirmed my package with Dreams Unlimited. (I chose to go the travel agent route for this trip just to help with some of our plans since I was traveling solo with my 6 1/2 year old and it was my first trip to WDW in twenty years so I felt I needed help. They were really great).

As it turned out, the only MNSSHP night that sold out was for Halloween night so I didn't have to get my ticket that early- but it felt good having something planned that far ahead.

We went on a Sunday (10/26) and the crowds were very manageable. I've heard Fri or Sat nights and Halloween are a bit crazy- still fun but crazy.

Traveling with a 6 1/2 year old creates some constraints to plans- namely making sure we had afternoon breaks for the pool and just 'down time'. That MNSSHP Sunday was our last day before departing on Monday so I purposfully left it open with the exception of the MNSSHP. We ended up going over to the MK (we love the MK) to do a few rides and last day shopping for a few hours (like 9-11:30) then were back at the Lodge for the afternoon. I think we caught a boat around 4:30 or so to go back to the MK and then to LTT for dinner.

When you return to the MK depends on your PS time and just what you want to do. They will let you in as early as 4:00 with just the MNSSHP ticket I heard so there were some party goers doing that. Our boat from WL (and FW) was full of folks with PS reservations it seemed. Leaving an hour for dinner was enough time at LTT to be done and ready for the party to start at 7:00. MK closes to 'regular' tickets at 6:00.

Hope that helps. Keep the questions coming if you have any more!

It does help. I am traveling with my 2 little ones. They will be 5 1/2 and 1 1/2. I think we will go to Epcot early in the day since we be staying at the BWV. We will come back after lunch for a nap then plan to get to MK around 4 or 4:30 with dinner at 5:30. I just hope I don't have any trouble making the LTT ressies. I know that was an issue when we did it for MNSSHP.
Thanks so much. I can't wait to start doing the PS stuff.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter