• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I need help from baby boomers who've been to Disneyworld without kids.

niceblueeyedwoman

Earning My Ears
:wave2: My husband and I have only been to Disneyworld once with our 2 girls 18 years ago. This July we will be staying at the Swan for 3 1/2 days and 4 nights. Since this is the first trip planned using the computer, I'm finding so many choices. Finding this site has been a wealth of info. Now to narrow it down. Any opinions on my choices so far? Le Cellier, California Grill, Citricos or Narcoosees. Thinking about: O'Hanas(why is it so popular?), Palios or Alfredos, and Fresh at the Dolphin. Have I left any good ones out? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!:wave:

Hi! You've made some excellent choices - the problem will be narrowing them down! ;)

'Ohana is fun for all ages, but one reason it is so popular is there are games and activities for children during the meal, so if you're looking for restaurants with a more adult feel, you may want to cross it off your list.

Happy planning! :D

I think your choices are great. My wife & myself have been going to WDW by ourselves for several years and we always have a great time. It is so nice to be free to do what ever you feel like. Of your choices I would recommend Le'cellier, California Grill & O'Hanas. We ate at FRESH twice for B"Fast in Dec. and loved it both times. Have Fun....

I love Le Cellier and is a must do on each trip,I would go to Palios instaed of Alfredo's,the rest of your list looks good.::yes:: :wave2:

You have made some good choices..

Fresh at the Dolphin...breakfast is excellent..haven't had the chance to try lunch, but I am sure it is equally as good.

Alredo's..kicks Le Celliers butt..so go there. At Le Cellier..we go in for cheese soup and beer and appetizers..the meals have never been that great.

If you looking for a great restaurant MK area..CA Grill is ok..never really outstanding..Artist Point however is outstanding..and always has been, never disappoints.

O'hanas was a huge disappointment for us..we don't see what all the fuss is about. The appetizer platter is great. The meats, however..tough and not great.

We haven't been to Citrico's and Narcoosees in a long time, they were ok when we were there, but, they have been getting some great reviews lately.

We also love Jiko at AKL and Flying Fish at the Boardwalk..both outstanding.

We are two adults without kids also...nice isn't it, we love it!

ALSO another thumbs up for FRESH at the Dolphin. We've done breakfast but I heard lunch is just as good!! I recommend taking that off your "think about" list and putting on your "must do" list especially since you're a quick walk away.

We also ENJOY PALIO's at the Swan, we've actually gone here with our 5 yr old dd, but it is a nice "romantic" type restaurant. The food is delicious and the service has always been great. They have a gentleman who visits each table and plays the guitar for you.

O'Hana's is also one of our favorites. It is pretty lively and can be a bit loud and DEFINITELY family oriented, but I recommend going here for the food. We've been there several times and have always enjoyed it.

Le Cellier & Citricos we've never tried but have heard good things. Been a while since we've done CG and Narcoosee's but also enjoyed those. Another high recommendation not on your list is AP at the WL.

Artist Point at the WL is great for a "grown up" meal. We don't really like ALfredo's. The service is good, but it's a lot like a really expensive Macaroni Grill.

My family, all adults, loved loved loved Citrico's. I can't wait to try it again! Juske keep in mind that if you do decide to go there it is closed Mondays and Tuesdays.

Melissa

Originally posted by webray
You have made some good choices..

Alredo's..kicks Le Celliers butt..so go there. At Le Cellier..we go in for cheese soup and beer and appetizers..the meals have never been that great.

O'hanas was a huge disappointment for us..we don't see what all the fuss is about. The appetizer platter is great. The meats, however..tough and not great.

I will have to respectfully disagree with these two opinions. We are two adults with no children and have tried Alfredo's, Le Celliers, and Ohana. Alfredo's is okay. I like the food and the resturant is beautiful, but the food at Le Celliers is EXCELLANT. I love the steaks, and soups (the cheese and the barely), and desserts. And I like the atmosphere. It feels out of the way, like you are in a resturant in Canada, not in a theme park.

Ohana is our favorite resturant. We love the appetizer tray (I think it's more like the side dish tray) and the meats. The turkey is awesome and the steak is good. I do find the pork too dry, and DH loves the shrimp. The sauces for dipping are great. I love the drinks and the pineapple and carmel dip for dessert is wonderful. We don't go to disney without going to Ohana

princess: Shelly

I just want to thank all who answered my post. Hopefully more will give me their experiences. I will check back and soon will make my priority seating arrangements. :wave2:

My husband and I went to WDW in 2002 before we had our son, so it was definitely an adult trip! We really enjoyed the Yachtsman's Steakhouse at the Yacht Club. Not the best steaks in the world, but it was a very nice grown-up restaurant. We also enjoyed Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge. We did enjoy O'Hanas, but mainly because we enjoy fun restaurants just as much as fancy ones!

We also love The Hollywood Brown Derby at MGM. We usally do lunch there. We are big fans of CG & AP. Have checked out the menus at www.allearsnet.com. Also Flying Fish at Boardwalk.

Kae

Since you are at the Swan, may I suggest 2 places within walking distance?

Our two favorite restaurants at WDW are Spoodle's at the Boardwalk and the Yachtsman Steakhouse. Both places have wonderful food and a great atmosphere. After eating you can have a nice romantic stroll back to the Swan. If you are too full, there are benches to sit on and admire the beautiful view of the resorts around the lake and Epcot in the distance.

Oh, you are going to have a wonderful time. The first time we went without kids was in December. We had a "general, kind of "type schedule and there were only a few things we really wanted to make sure we did, and the rest we just "winged it". We did do EE some days just to get our favorites in with no lines, but we also took naps in the afternoon if we wanted and one day it was warm enough for the pool and whirlpool. We used it more for a "get away from it all" vacation, with allot right at our fingertips to do if we wanted. We loved it so much, we're doing it the first week in December this year again!!! This time we're renting points and getting a one bedroom villa at the Boardwalk with jacuzzi!!!!

It was absolutely so relaxing and you are staying at a wonderful resort in a great area. We stayed at the Boardwalk Inn and it was so nice being a short boat ride from EPCOT. I have to say, Disney World with kids is lots of fun, but DisneyWorld without kids is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And sooooooooooo relaxing!!!

OK the resturants, I might add Artist Point (we tried in December and it was very nice) to your list. our favorite is Le Cellier. For our December trip this year, Narcooses, Citricos and California Grill are on "to decide" list. We haven't been to any of these yet. I think for sure we're doing Narcoose's and California Grill.
'
For lunches we liked the Plaza Resturant at MK and also, since you're in the boardwalk area, we thought the Big River Grille and Brewing Co. was nice for a hamburger and we shared a beer. This place gets allot of bad reviews, but we enjoyed the "different" tasting beer and shared the hamburger, which we thought was good.

Well, I did go on, but we just had such a wonderful time and I was also worried about going "without kids", so I know how you feel. But we absolutely loved it!!!

My friends (60ish couple) just returned from WDW last week. Their favorite dining experiences were Restaurant Marrakesh, (they also loved the counter service in Morroco (Tangierine Cafe)), and Boma. If you can fit a trip to AKL into your plans, you must. The lobby of this new resort is just breathtaking, and the food at the restaurants is outstanding. Jiko is sit-down and more upscale, Boma is a buffet with great food at an excellent value, but loud and bustling. My friends were really impressed with this place and can't wait to go back to WDW...guess where they'll be staying...AKL!!

They did not take my advice to eat at 'Ohana, they didn't have enough time. I guess that's a good thing for them (standard rooms at Poly are much more $$$ than standard rooms at AKL!!;) )

Remember to post your reviews when you return.:sunny:

My DH and I tried Victoria and Alberts last year and were lucky enough to book the Chef's Table. It may not be as "Romantic" as in the main restaurant but it was the BEST dining experience we have ever had. It is really expensive even for Disney Deluxe restaurants (especially if you get the wine pairings - which I also recommend) but we loved it and plan on doing it again some day.

I would have to agree that the best food on property, probably the best dining experience as well, is Victoria & Alberts. We also did the Chef's Table. It was wonderful! We hope to be able to do it again some day!

<p><font face="Comic Sans MS" size="3">Narcoosee's  I'm their biggest fan.  We (two baby boomers) LOVE IT.  Reserve dinner for an hour before the MK fireworks.  Then, between dinner and dessert, join the other diners on the deck and watch the show.  </font><b><font size="3">It's great!</font></b></p>::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter