• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I need driving advice--desperately!!

Greenmom

Earning My Ears
Moving my DD home from WDW. Driving from Kissimmee to Albuquerque. I have never driven in this part of the country. I am looking for advice on cities to stay in and the best route. Thinking of going to Memphis, TN and then across I40 through Oklahoma or going through Jackson, MS up thru Dallas and on to New Mexico. Not sure about what cities to avoid or if one way is better than another. Posted earlier, but only got 1 reply. I know there are alot of Disney fans out there that would have good advice! Leaving soon...would love some help.

Moving my DD home from WDW. Driving from Kissimmee to Albuquerque. I have never driven in this part of the country. I am looking for advice on cities to stay in and the best route. Thinking of going to Memphis, TN and then across I40 through Oklahoma or going through Jackson, MS up thru Dallas and on to New Mexico. Not sure about what cities to avoid or if one way is better than another. Posted earlier, but only got 1 reply. I know there are alot of Disney fans out there that would have good advice! Leaving soon...would love some help.

Avoid Dallas at all costs, unless you plan to go through there about 1 - 3 AM ;-)

I would probably go through Dallas (ok, around it), just picking an appropriate time.

Turnpike -> I75 -> I10 -> I49 -> I20 -> I635 (around Dallas) -> I35 -> I40.

This would be interstate driving all the way. That's big for me on long drives.

ETA: this is what Google recommends with a slight change after Dallas to stay on interstate.

Haven't drove past Dallas but have done GA-AL-MS-LA-TX leg, and it's pretty much a whole lot of nothingness. We've also gone GA-TN-AR-OK, which involves more cities (Nashville/Memphis/Little Rock), so if you're planning several stops might make more sense. Otherwise, I'd say take the more southern route.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter