• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I need cute ideas for things to include in letter to kids from Mickey

Stacy_C

DIS Veteran
I want to mail my kids a letter from Mickey Mouse talking about how excited MM is that they will be visiting soon. Do you have any cute things/sayings/ideas I could put in there? I have already found Disney clip art and fonts that I will be using. I am having my aunt (who lives in Florida) mail it to the kids. I'm just not sure what all it should/could say. Thanks!

First, great idea! Here is my suggestion:

Dear Prince/Princess (Child's Name) OR
Dear Mouseketeer

I am so excited that you will be visiting me at Disney World! Minnie, Donald, Pluto, Goofy and all the gang are looking forward to meeting you!

Don't forget to wear your mouse ears! Your visit will be SOOO fun!

Just a few ideas. I'm sure some posters could add a lot more!

If you will be doing a character meal like Chef Mickeys you could say that Mickey is excited to have you for dinner/breakfast and that he will come by to see you when you get there. Also that Mickeys friends will be there for your child to meet. :earboy2:

We've done this exact thing before and my kids were floored that Mickey and Minnie sent them letters before we arrived :goodvibes You could always put Disney themed confetti inside the envelopes. If you don't mind shipping a package you could always send them a small Mickey or Minnie. Have a great trip :goodvibes

Here is the first draft of a letter from Mickey mouse Santa will leave.

Dear _____,

Hiya, Pal! I just heard the great news!!! You are coming to see me at Walt Disney World in less than two months!! Oh Boy, I can’t wait!!! Santa Claus and I got together and came up with a list of items we thought you would need for your trip. I hope you like them and I’ll see ya real soon! Gosh, I can hardly wait!!!
Love Ya, Pal,
Mickey

The font is Mickey font with kids name done in mouse ears font

I bet if you called your resort, they would send something. We went over our sons birthday and the desk clerk found out and sent up a birthday card from Mickey and the gang.

I just want to thank everyone for posting ideas on this thread. I never would have thought to send a letter to my sons, but I did after reading.

They received their letters from The Big Guy himself today. They were SO EXCITED! My 10 year old just couldn't believe that Mickey knew that Stitch was his favorite movie character. My 6 year old even said "Boy that place really is MAGIC!" It was so worth doing. . . Thanks again!!!

My girls get letters every 7 to 10 days. I bought stickers of Disney characters, some glitter pens, and colored ink pens. I chose a character such as Ariel or Mickey. I write a letter from that character and use the character's sticker as a signature. Then I use glitter glue (pixie dust) to make a border around the letters. I make them at work during my lunch hour. Then when I pick up the mail at home, I mix the letters in with our day's mail.

For envelopes, I fully address them and use a glitter pen to make a "stamp" with a Mickey head in it so they immediately recognize that it is from "Disney World."

For the letter from Cinderella and Pooh, I will invite them to have breakfast with me. ( We are doing their character breakfasts.) The letter from Belle will be to invite them to her Storytime. The letters from Mickey, Minnie, and Donald will be to "stop by my place at the Toontown Fair."

I heard from people who got letters from disney world saying how excited Mickey and the gang our about ther trip. Has anyone got one of these? :confused3 I was hoping we would get one!

Maybe include some Disney dollars from mickey, I think you can get them at the Disney store. Have Mickey suggest some rides to go on or places to eat and they'll have a good time checking out the stuff Mickey himself suggested. Check at the post office if they have Mickey Mouse or Disney postage stamps,, put Disney stickers on the envelope, write the return address as ,
Mr. Mickey Mouse
Mickey's Country House @ Toontown
Magic Kingdom WDW, FL
And have mickey write to make sure they come by His house and visiting him. ::MickeyMo

This is a cool idea :cool1:

and hello to Kelly from Louisiana - we're from Chalmette

I don't know if you're planning on doing any pin trading, but my DD4 LOVED it. I bought a lanyard and a bunch of ugly pins online CHEAP and when "Mickey" wrote her a letter inviting her to WDW he included a pin and invited her to trade.

Have a blast....it really is worth it!
Mel

How about telling the kids to stop by Mickey's house and see how big the pumpkins are now/or the tomatoes? This is easily achieved by stopping at Mickey's house in Toontown.

OR... how about including a few Disney Dollars in the letters?

marshallandcartersmo said:
I read about this on this thread (and others). Where do I find Disney font? thanks

I just did a search for it on my internet search engine. I just typed in "disney font" and several websites popped up.

Thanks to everyone for all of the suggestions. I think the kids will love it. I made friends with a Disney CM on another (non-Disney related) website. I am mailing the letters to her in a big envelope. She's taking the letters out and mailing them directly from Disneyworld. The 2 youngest children in our group would not care about the postmark, but the oldest (8 and 10) would be suspicious if it didn't have a FL postmark. I can't wait to see their faces when they get their letters.

Thanks again!

I love this idea ~~ I'm having a "fairygodmailer" mail my DS a postcard for our trip in Jan/Feb. But, the letter thing sounds too cool!!! Off to find that font......... :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter