I need character dinning help

EJ08

Earning My Ears
I have a 5 yr old boy and a 8 yr old girl and it sounds like we need advance reservations to dine with the characters at the more popular restaurants. What places would you suggest that I try to get a reservation? I have no idea or where to turn to. Thanks in advance.

well... what characters do they like the best and which parks are you visiting?

If your children are interested in getting into the castle, make sure to make an ADR for CRT (Cinderella's Royal Table), Crystal Palace is great if Pooh and his friend are thier favorite and Lilo and Stitch are at Ohana's. Ask the kids who they would like to see and make a ADR for that restaurant. If you kids are into autographs this is a great way for them to meet their favorite characters. My boys also loved the Liberty Tree Tavern with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Chip and Dale. The food was like a Thanksgiving dinner and was a family hit.

Our fav was 1900 Park fare dinner, prince charming was ill so we got snow white instead. The food was good and DD loved meeting cindy! We didint like LTT, the food was bland and our service we terrible! We wouldnt go there again as anyone can heat up ham slices and call it a meal. I know one family we met had a great time at breakfast with Stich!

I would say that Chef Mickey's has the most characters and they are usually Donald, Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy (and Chip and Dale). That's a good mix for boys and girls.

1900 Park Fare has an excellent breakfast too with a wider variety of characters which can include Mary Poppins, Alice, Mad Hatter, Pooh and Tigger.

We loved Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner. We thought the food was good! It was Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Chip and Dale.

Donald's Breakfast in Animal Kingdom is good too with Donald, Goofy, Mickey and Pluto.

We like 'Ohana breakfast too with Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and Stitch.

With the ones already mentioned, that gives you plenty of choices. Good luck deciding!

Thanks for all the help.

My kids love all the Disney characters so I'm sure all will do.

My 4 and 8 year old boys love all the ones we've been to:

Liberty Tree Tavern
Crystal Palace
Norway Storybook Princess Breakfast
Garden Grill
Chef Mickeys
Donald's Breakfastsaurus

Their absolute favorites are the Crystal Palace, Garden Grill and LTT

tjmouse said:
1900 Park Fare has an excellent breakfast too with a wider variety of characters which can include Mary Poppins, Alice, Mad Hatter, Pooh and Tigger.

We loved Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner. We thought the food was good! It was Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Chip and Dale.

I would agree with the above, and add Crystal Palace.

My children were the same ages and sexes as yours when we went in the spring. We went to LTT, CP, CM-- all for dinner. We also went to CRT for breakfast and Akershus for lunch. My ds suffered through both princess meals-- he really hated them ;o)
CM was rushed, crazy, and the food was poor. (We could not get an ADR for 1900.)

We had great times (and food) at both CP (Pooh and friends) and LTT (classic Disney characters.). These two were perfect for both children, and dh and I also enjoyed them!

Good luck!

you may also want to take into account what type of food you want as well as what kind of service...
we used to do character buffets and while we loved the character interaction and found a great variety of food to please most palates, i found that as the mom of two small kids that i never had three uninterrupted bites (either a kid needed to go up to the buffet, to the bathroom, i had to take a picture/get an autograph book, etc) and always ended up with a beautiful plate of cold food...
now we prefer the family style meals... the variety is almost as good... character interaction is as good or better (you don't run the same risk of being away from your table when the character comes around) and i typically get to eat fresh hot food :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter