• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I need a snappy comeback-what would you say?

While there have been several good suggestions, here's something else you could try.

When she finishes her rant, just stare at her. Slowly count to ten. Then start to laugh loudly.

Finish laughing, and look like your trying to say something. Point at her, gently, Then shake your head, laugh hysterically,and walk away.

If she comes running after you, laugh everytime she demands to know what's so funny. She'll get tired and offended and walk away.

I have a standard comeback for anyone who annoys me. I can't print it here or they will really ban me for good.

3 words.

1st word: "Go"

Last word: "Yourself"

That usually works, especially if you give them the "crazy eye" when you say it.

Might not be the best to use if the kiddies are around.....

Cindyluwho said:
Oh Yeah :thumbsup2 poultry shows are just like dog shows. You bath them, blow dry them, put some vaseline on their combs and wattles, trim their nails. It's lots of work, but we love it. Chickens are a blast!
Do the chickens have to perform? I am intrigued now! :teeth: Do they parade around like a dog show?

As for the ignorant person you encountered...I would have smiled and said," Well of course you would say that!"

Cindyluwho said:
Oh Yeah :thumbsup2 poultry shows are just like dog shows. You bath them, blow dry them, put some vaseline on their combs and wattles, trim their nails. It's lots of work, but we love it. Chickens are a blast!
Do the chickens have to perform? You've got my attention now! :teeth: Do they parade around like a dog show?

One learns sooo much on this site! :lmao:

As for the ignorant person you encountered...I would have smiled and said," Well of course you would say that!"

Hmmm swedish meatball I like your idea. In fact we could make up jokes for the OP...

Why did the chicken cross the road?
To get away from idiots like you.

Do your show chickens look like those chickens someone had on wife swap wher ethey looked like poodles? hehe.

I love "hoo-hoo".

A classmate of my DD's raises chickens in their backyard here in downtown Madison, WI. They are vegans, which means they don't eat eggs. When I asked why, the dad said that eggs were "chicken periods" :crazy2:. I still have no clue why they have chickens but they are sure are cute little things!

Miss Jasmine said:
Hmmm swedish meatball I like your idea. In fact we could make up jokes for the OP...

To get away from idiots like you.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I think the offender was referring to what needed to be cleaned up. You know, "the used chicken feed".

then the comeback could be
"we have installed little chicken terlets but they refuse to use them"

Mikeeee

Cindyluwho said:
Nasty hoo-hoo....

:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: JUST THAT IS A TAG!! That is the funniest saying I ever heard LOL!!

Anyway just remember that people who don't raise chickens do not know about them. I mean they don't get anything more than "the bird flu" Forgetaboutit and have a good laugh, she is just ignorant in the subject. And after all she is a Nasty hoo-hoo :rotfl:

miss missy said:
:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: JUST THAT IS A TAG!! That is the funniest saying I ever heard LOL!!

Everytime I use the term I remember the movie "Boys on the Side". The scene where the nurse comes into the room to give the dying gal her medicine and wakes the poor girl up.
Whoopie Goldberg, "Just let her sleep, she needs her sleep"
nurse, "I have to give her the medicine"
Whoopie, "Just leave her alone. Don't be such a hoo-hoo."
nurse, "what's a hoo-hoo?"
The dying gal's very ladylike mom says very seriously, "It's a @#$%, dear."

Now, that's probably not at all funny if you haven't seen the movie, but my GOD it's hysterical to see that old gal use THAT word and in such a serious way.

Mmmm.. freshly killed home grown chicken. That makes me hungry and it's not even lunch time!

MAGICinMYHEART said:
I would have said...."I understand why you may think that chickens are nasty, I'm really never surprised by ignorant or misinformed people."

I was voting for Hoo hoo but now I have changed my vote! We used to raise dairy replacements. We had a few pigs for ourselves and helped the lady we rented land from with her chickens. Even in a community that was at one time a large farming community people would raise their eyebrows and look down their nose. For some reason people often though that the animals would be dirty and not cared for. If they ever visited a professional farm they would not even be allowed in the barns without disinfecting their boots. The floors would be cleaned than their own.

I was always amazed that people had visions of nice pretty packages of meat and boxes of eggs and would trot to the grocery store to buy them without ever batting an eye. My son took 4 years of voag and was active in FFA and often commented that people should be required to take classes to learn where their food comes from. I agree with him.

JR6ooo4 said:
I think the offender was referring to what needed to be cleaned up. You know, "the used chicken feed".

then the comeback could be
"we have installed little chicken terlets but they refuse to use them"
Mikeeee

OMG, that's hysterical :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2:

I am laughing so hard at this thread.

To get away from the nasty hoo-hoo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter