I need a new...

sjams

<font color=blue>You just wander thru! Kills us al
Iron. Can you all tell me about yours? I just can't decided which one to get. I don't iron a ton. I don't want to spend a ton, but I don't want the cheapest one out there either! Thanks!

The is the their best buy order from consumer reports website

CORDED
Black & Decker Digital Advantage D2030 CR Best Buy $60 74. 4.1 12 •
Bosch TDA 8340UC $120 70. 3.5 9
Hamilton Beach Professional 14970 $35 62. 3.8 11
Rowenta Professional DM890 $100 62. 4.8 12
Sunbeam Professional 4238 $50 61. 3.7 11 •
Bosch TDA 2445UC $100 60. 2.9 6
Rowenta Professional DX8800 $125 60. 4.3 12
Panasonic NI-C77XR $50 59. 3.4 6 •
Hamilton Beach Professional 14615 $25 58. 2.7 5 •
Kenmore (Sears) KSR400 $45 56. 3.9 9
Conair DPP3000R $50 52. 4 11 • •
Euro-Pro Shark Professional G1490 $65 52. 4.1 11
Oreck JP8100 CB $130 52. 4.1 10
Bosch TDA 1503 $130 48. 4.1 15
CORDLESS
Maytag MLI-7000 $100 34. 3 4 •
STEAM GENERATOR
Rowenta Expert Steam Generator DG980 $250 74. 2.7 34

By all means, get whatever iron you need, but I have nearly cut out my need to iron entirely since I've started using the Downy spray. It works really well on cottons. You can also water it down at least by half, and it still gets the job done (in a pinch, on travel, I've also tried spray hair conditioner, and it also worked well - I water that down too.)

The other major thing we've done is DH only buys wrinkle-free cotton dresshirts. They are SO worth the money, and often we can find them on sale. The trick is reading the labels.

Ours is Rowenta. It gets the job done. If you can find one with a non-stick coating, that's a big plus. I'm not especially big on non-stick cookware, but non-stick coating on an iron is fantastic.

I also own a Rowenta and iron about once a year but I LOVE it! No problems when I do decide to iron. :love:

Go with a Rowenta... you won't be disappointed. Mine is the Power Glide 2 Inox with vertical steam. Shopping for another one my self as I've knocked this one on to the floor one too many times and now the water resevoir is leaky. Going with another Rowenta. Have my $40.00 is Kohl's cash and hoping they are on sale tomorrow!

i've heard the rowentas are wonderful... i of course wouldn't know as i have the one my parents got when they got married in '74. orange accents and all.

I have a Rowenta too. I hated to spend that kind of money, but I kept having the cheaper ones break on me all the time. I've never had a problem with my Rowenta. :)

Hi, Right now we are using a "cheap" iron,cost around $20.(think WalMart or Target) it is a Black and Decker that my DD bought when she was living in a dorm room back in 2002.It has had every day use since she moved back home in 2003.It workes great and has been dropped on a wood floor a few times :rolleyes: !! The one thing I really LOVE about it is how light weight it is. My friend has a MUCH more expensive iron and she hates hers because it is so heavy.I would say shop around and see how they feel in your hand,but do noy be fooled by price! Joan

We have a Rowenta. After going through 2 sunbeams, I decided to get one that will last and do a good job in the meantime. I asked around friends, neighbors and DH's co-workers and the majority said Rowenta.

I have to say DH and I love it. DH does most of the ironing, but on occasion I love to pick it up and iron Dh's pants. The one we have is the $100 version and it's just enough for us to use.

Good luck deciding.

OMG
amd I the only person who does not iron.

I can't remeber the last time I've ironed????
Must be over 10years

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter