I need a new park bag. What do you use??

I had a small cross body bag last time, but even with minimal weight to it, it annoyed me by the end of the day!

I think I may be buying the dreaded bum bag for next time. Looks awful, I know, but I need something for my inhalers and suncream!

I always use Lesportsac bags, because they add no weight to what I am carrying, and have several inner compartments: spf umbrella, bottle of water, snacks, pashmina, hand sanitizer, sunscreen, camera, phone.

I switch up bags so I don't have the weight in the same place every day, which gets irritating on hot skin.

The best thing I ever got for organization was a $1. zip lanyard at Michaels, that I loop around the shoulder of any bag and zip in my bag, and holds tickets, cards, and emergency cash...that way, at the gate, all I have to do is grab the loop and I have easy access to those things without fishing.

I just picked up my Vans Backpack for our next trip in october. I havent been able to use it yet so i cant tell you how "efficient" it will be, but i have used one the same size in years past and it has worked out great! We dont bring a lunch but we do pack LOTS of suveniers while in the parks, as well as all the park necessities. Not only do i like the size of this back pack Its also perfectly themed for the parks! Hope this helps!

http://www.vans.com/shop/disney-and-vans/old-skool-ii-backpack-mickey-friends

I posted this on a different thread about a month ago. The question was what park bag do you use and what do you put in it.
HTH!
I use a Travelon anti theft cross body bag. I like it better than backpacks because it is more convenient for me to grab something as I'm walking (not having to stop to take an item out), and it's easy to get in and out of rides. I push it over onto the seat as I sit down and then just get up when the ride is over.
I carry: ID, $, credit card (all of which are in their own pocket and RFID protected), small sunscreen, chapstick, motrin, phone, glass case, keys, tiny bandaid antifriction block stick, and park map. It also has a collapsible water bottle holder, which I sometimes use for water or I stick a small umbrella in it.

These are all such great ideas!! And I'm getting WAY too obsessed looking at all of these bag options!! :worship:

I use the Vera Bradley Hipster Crossbody. I use this because it has pocket and zippers. My momma always told me to use a purse with zippers so you don't lose it and I found my momma's advice to be solid.

I carry a wallet, my phone, sunglasses, chapstick, sunscreen if necessary, an umbrella if rain is expected, camera, pins for trading (I have the 2000 landyard and they fall off because of the thickness), and any maps I may need.

What do you put in the backback? Besides clothing layers I can't think of anything that I couldn't just put in a purse. I have a small/trial sized sunscreen, my small wallet, my cell phone, and I'm set. I use a crossbody bag like this one - http://couture.zappos.com/kate-spade-new-york-classic-nylon-joni-black . I carry a water bottle.

I do have a backback and messenger bag that I can use, but really I prefer to have a smaller bag. I also am not a rope drop to close person plus any larger purchases can be sent back to the resort.

my mom and i both carry a vera bradley disney backpack. we dont carry lunches or clothing, we are all adults. we both pack a light jacket in them for dinner (the AC is usually cold), bandaids, girly products of all kinds, medications we might need, batery pack charger for our iphones, small umbrellas. i normally dont have as much in mine as my mom does, but i dont see what else we need. actually she started carrying the only back pack and i stuff my crap in hers hahaha

I use a Gucci belt bag that has two square compartments up front, and a long zippered one in the back against your hip. The front has one Velcro pocket where I keep my phone for easy access for taking photos, and one zippered pocket where I keep more important things. My cards and anything else go in a little flat card case that I then put in the zippered pocket against my hip. It was expensive but I use it for concerts and so many other things that it was a really great investment.

When I don't use that I use a small cross body bag that holds all the necessities without being too heavy or making my shoulder/neck sore. It's so easy to be so hands free! For the water parks I use one of those Nike drawstring backpacks you can get for $5-$10 at a sporting goods store. Easy to clean, holds a lot, and is (mostly) waterproof except for the little area at the top that remains open a bit when you tighten it. I carry so much usually unnecessary stuff to work in my daily life that in Disney I don't want that! Plus, it may feel light when you leave your resort but by the end of the day it's like carrying a ton of bricks!

I love, love, LOVE my KAVU sling backpack. I noticed a lot of people using them and thought they were overrated, but bought one for my cruise this summer. Worth every penny of the $50 it costs. Fits to my body, but very easy to slide it around to the front, get what i need, and slide it back around. I was even able to wear it while ziplining with no problems. Very roomy with several pockets.

We have a stroller for our 4YO, so I'm much more interested in being able to hang something off the stroller than on my back. With that in mind, my friend just introduced me to a California Innovations tote. It looks like a regular tote bag but is completely insulated so you can use it a as a cooler. Costs about $12-$20 on amazon. This is extraordinarily exciting for us! We can even use it for picnics in the park in real life!

I went through this on our first trip trying to decide. I got a Baggalini like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Baggallini-...354?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c561dda8a and it works great!

I have the same exact bag (the Baggallini Messenger Bagg) and love it for WDW! Has exterior pockets for water bottle and phone - very handy! And the bag holds a surprising amount of stuff, even my poncho! Love, love, love this bag.

I do carry a medium-size backpack on days when I want to carry more stuff (like a sweatshirt for cooler evenings). But most days, I carry my Baggallini.

I JUST bought this for my trip in September after hearing from several on Reddit that they heavily endorse it.

http://www.eddiebauer.com/product/r...ackpacks&previousPage=GNAV&tab=gear&color=100

$15 - 50% off right now.
This is the exact bag DH and I both bought for our upcoming trip. I can't wait to try it out.

I used to carry a large open top canvas bag that was easy to get into or a VB cross body - and he always carried a large backpack we picked up on our first trip (big blue thing that was the promo "spend $50 buy this for $15" item years ago). With this trip being in August, we wanted lightweight. And I wanted a bag I could toss on the ground or the floor of a ride without worrying about. I beat up two VB bags in the parks.

This is the exact bag DH and I both bought for our upcoming trip. I can't wait to try it out.

I used to carry a large open top canvas bag that was easy to get into or a VB cross body - and he always carried a large backpack we picked up on our first trip (big blue thing that was the promo "spend $50 buy this for $15" item years ago). With this trip being in August, we wanted lightweight. And I wanted a bag I could toss on the ground or the floor of a ride without worrying about. I beat up two VB bags in the parks.

With everyone loving these so much I just bought one while they were 50% off to try. Should be here next week!

Ok. I look like such a dork, but I have a plain old Disney fanny pack that I love. It' s big enough to carry what I need (I don't carry a water bottle; we just get ice water from the CS restaurants), keeps my hands free, and there are no uncomfortable straps around my neck or shoulders.

I use a TMNT (Teenage mutant ninja turtles) backpack. It looks like a turtle shell and it's bright green; also, it is actually light and I never sweated with it on.
Why would a 48 year old woman use this? I was very easy to pick out in the crowd; plus it held everything we needed. I've had baggallinis, other backpacks, cross body, string bags, but this one I truly enjoy because of the interaction I get with the characters. They love it. Just go with what's comfortable for you.

I have the same exact bag (the Baggallini Messenger Bagg) and love it for WDW! Has exterior pockets for water bottle and phone - very handy! And the bag holds a surprising amount of stuff, even my poncho! Love, love, love this bag.

I do carry a medium-size backpack on days when I want to carry more stuff (like a sweatshirt for cooler evenings). But most days, I carry my Baggallini.
Ditto. Thanks to the disboards we bought one for last years trip. Worked perfectly and waterproof! Very lightweight

I used a nylon small crossbody last time for my valuable, and then threw things in the stroller that we weren't worried about getting stolen (extra clothes, water bottles, etc.)

I got sick of carrying the crossbody so this year I'm going FULL FANNY! Yee HAw!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter