• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I need a link and some input on Dining Plan...please!

jessiesmom

Earning My Ears
Somewhere I saw a link for a list of restaurants that are included in the Disney Dining plan. Not the official Disney site, please. My computer is old and didn't "play nice" with that format.

Also, I've never purchased the dining plan before. I'm not sure I would have this time, but it was included (at no cost) with the promotional pin-code e-mail I received. I'm not sure it is the right choice for us.

Travel party includes me and DD10. We usually eat one table service meal, one counter-service meal and snack for the third meal (lunch) so the plan definitely has us covered. BUT...we really don't eat that much. Am I going to feel like we have WAY too much food or that we are always eating? Will I feel like I must stick to a strict plan so I don't run out of credits early or have left over credits? Am I really saving money?

Stick a fork in me...I'm done. I'm going crazy trying to figure out if the cost of the package is really a good deal.

just look at the menus on allearsnet.com. make a guess as to what you would order - i am not saying plan what you order - but look at the menus and make a guesstimate. then, add tax and tip. if it comes to more than $35/day for each adult, then get the plan. don't forget to add water or pop in the park. i can't imagine not using my snack credits b/c i am addicted to diet coke. i have read that many are concerned about the amount of food, but you don't have to order it. you can still share a dessert if you don't want to be a glutton. as long as you KNOW you would still spend more than $35/day without the plan, who cares if you don't use the plan to its maximum potential. eat chicken if you want to eat chicken.

touringplans.com has a good description and analysis of the plan as well as a listing of all the participating restaurants.

I found it totally worth it. And since you seem to be getting it for free, wow! Talk about having all meals for free. If you want ask the server to share the magic and charge a fellow table's appetizer to your bill since it will be included.

Nora

What's this about people getting the dining plan FREE, and if you did why would you even consider NOT doing it? I am confused.

wright1baby said:
What's this about people getting the dining plan FREE, and if you did why would you even consider NOT doing it? I am confused.

Some lucky folks got an email offering the dining plan for free for booking during a certain time...there is a thread about it in the codes and rates section. I am super jealous, getting the dining plan for free is a fabulous deal, I wish I got an email!

I got the pin and changed my room only to a package to use the dining plan. Even though the cost of the rooms on the pin package are full price, I figured it's well worth it to get the dining plan.

My diningplan cost 640 bucks for 6. 2 meals that I researched out the cost would be over 100 bucks not including dessert, drink or the tip just the entree for each one. The concourse steakhouse was almost 150 bucks for my party just by itself. So it was worth doing it for me. I figured we saved 350 bucks. Just a 2 cent opinion. Have a great trip.

We used the plan in February and LOVED it. I'm so jealous that they're now offering it for free with a code. I got the e-mail offer but we're not going until next Fall.

When you check in at the hotel, they will give you a list of participating restaurants. Most restaurants participate except for many Epcot restaurants. Rose and Crown, Le Cellier and Biergarten do participate.

Anyway, look at it this way - the plan is free. This allows you to try foods you might not otherwise try. If you don't like them, you didn't pay for them. And you don't have to finish your appetizer, your entree and your dessert at a sit down meal. You can have a little of each so you don't go overboard. That's what I did. My husband and I sampled things and the kids picked off our plates as well. We would definitely do it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter