I need a few reminders/ refreshers on kids club info!

discorsner

DIS Veteran
Hi I was wondering if someone could give me what they think is the most accurate info on age ranges for the kids clubs?

We are going to be sailing in 2012 two different times, once on the Magic and once on the Fantasy. My kids will be 11 and 8 at the times of both sailings.

I am wondering if which areas they will be eligible for at the ages of 11 and 8 on these two different ships. Are they the same or has Disney changed things for the Dream class of ships?

I have read some info in numerous posts that have seemed to be contradictory. :confused3

My 11 year old would be excited to do things in the lab I think still. Will he be able to do this? Will he still be able to go on the Mickey slide as an 11 year old?

DS is 12 and he did the Mickey slide a few times so age is not problem there, I believe the height limit is 64".

As far as the clubs at there age they can go back and forth between the lab and the club.

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. DS will be 11 y.o when we sail the Dream in 2012. Will he be allowed to go in the Lab at this age? Or do they let the kids pick and choose between the Lab and the Club? And what about this group called the "Out and About" kids, or 'tween', that are ages 11 - 13? It's all very confusing to me! :confused3 Just want to know at the age of 11, what clubs he'll be able to attend.

Thanks!

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. DS will be 11 y.o when we sail the Dream in 2012. Will he be allowed to go in the Lab at this age? Or do they let the kids pick and choose between the Lab and the Club? And what about this group called the "Out and About" kids, or 'tween', that are ages 11 - 13? It's all very confusing to me! :confused3 Just want to know at the age of 11, what clubs he'll be able to attend.

Thanks!

Yep OP here and it is still confusing to me. I saw on one site that the club and lab were now 3-10 but I am not sure if that is accurate. I am hoping my 11 year old will be able to go into the club or lab and not have to only have the tween option.

I know kids change quickly sometimes and this cruise is a year out but I still cannot imagine him only liking a tween option. I mean I am sure he will like to check that out but he is still excited about activities they did in the club/lab when we went on the Wonder awhile ago.

Also I am really curious if the age ranges are staying consistent between the class of ships or whether they have changed things due to new offerings.

Here's a link to the new DCL Kids website: http://www.justforkidsdcl.com/#
This should be able so answer some of the questions in this thread. But no one will know any of the answers as to how the Dream will handle the kids ages until it begins sailing in January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter