• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I need a cheap 2 br condo in Jan...help

hercamore

<font color=blue>beagle boy mom<br><font color=tea
I'd like to take a trip to Orlando in Jan with my college age DD. It's has got to be a budget trip. (two kids i ncollege).

I want to keep airfare, rental car, and lodging totaling not much over a thousand.

So far, looking at first or second week in Jan.

2 AA tickets $470.(MN, no deals)
Car $180

Ideas for a decent offsite 2 bed condo in Jan for about $400/week? have tried Sky auction, but not much is coming up for week of Jan 2. I don't want to stay onsite in a value, nor offsite in a Priceline standard hotel. Cypress Pointe is about $100/nite and is not coming up on Sky auction. I've stayed there before with SA.

We have passes, and DD's for food, plus DDE card.

Thanks for any suggestions.

you are too early for January.

now there might be an occasional one. but I wouldn't even start looking for Jan until Oct/Nov.

if you want something now - you can try

www.redweek.com
www.tug2.net

www.condodirect.com - if you find something here - you will pay a heck of lot more for it now than if you wait until 60 to 90 days before hand.

I agree with spiceycat. I rented a 3 bedroom condo through a private owner at Windsor Palms for $450 for a week in late January this year, but I didn't start looking until October. I had numerous offers for different condos in the $400 range. Just wait a while before you start looking. :sunny:

I would stick with SkyAuction. They will have what you need come January. They already have 2 bdr. units at Polynesian Isle. Orbit One and Bryan's Spanish Cove for January under Ready Set Go. If you are on a budget you can't beat SkyAuction. But if you are looking to get away from the resort type atmosphere, do like Big V said and search the many condos in the area. We stayed at Windsor Palms last year and loved it. Good luck!

Here's where I stayed last January. It was a great place. Price is right. It has 3 bedrooms instead of two. The owners were extra nice.
http://www.vrbo.com/13611

If you need any additional info, PM me.

I booked Cypress Pointe through Hotelkingdom.com. You should check for January availabilities because I booked my rooms more than 6 months in advance. The only thing with Hotel Kingdom is that you have to pay the whole amount upfront, but it was a good way for us to budget. At the time, we got a 3-bedroom condo for under $90/night! They list descriptions of all the locations too so it's a good place to browse what's out there. There's been many positive threads on CP in the past, and we needed 3-bedrooms so it was a great choice for us. I know you'll have more selection for 2-bedrooms. Good luck in your search :flower:

AI just checked their website, and Hotel Kingdom will book CP for January. The prices have gone up though -- it looks like it's now $93.22 for a 2-bedroom and $135.70 for a 3-bedroom. There were many, many other places listed as well with 2-bedrooms. Each place will have its own policies regarding payment. Take a look :)

Thanks for the tips everyone.

Suz2, your link did not work. I'd be interested in seeing the condo you stayed at.

herc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter