• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I must be completely lucky with FP+

jt'smom

DIS Veteran
For the umpteenth time this summer, I've decided to make some last minute reservations for a day trip and scored the exact Fastpasses that we wanted. Just went on this morning and got Splash, Space and BTMR over 3 consecutive hours next Sunday afternoon! I feel like we've had so much luck this summer, the FP fairy is going to ban us this fall, lol.

I've done same-day FP+ several times this summer and never had a problem getting a decent time for anything I wanted. But I also don't care about the mine train or Anna & Elsa, which are the ones people flip out over.

For the umpteenth time this summer, I've decided to make some last minute reservations for a day trip and scored the exact Fastpasses that we wanted. Just went on this morning and got Splash, Space and BTMR over 3 consecutive hours next Sunday afternoon! I feel like we've had so much luck this summer, the FP fairy is going to ban us this fall, lol.

Good for you! That's pretty much been our experience... there is ample supply to go around, except for the naturally hard-to-get things like SDMT and A&E.

Awesome!

There are really only about 2-4 attractions that are "hard to get".

In our experience those three rides you mention were still available as 4th FP as late as 1 PM the last week of June.

I just went in to MDE and was able to do the same for tomorrow afternoon! It has nothing to do with luck and everything to do with capacity. The high capacity rides don't typically sell out.

Alas FOF, MSEP, A&E, 7DMT, and Wishes were all distributed for a party of 4. Of course, if I decided to ditch the family, I could ride 7DMT tomorrow from 9:40-10:40 and meet A&E from 5-6. Only one slot available for each, and no alternative times open.

We have had the best summer booking our rides! I even got TSMM, ToT and ST for Labor Day! Final Fireworks until May! It's been great being able to get these!

We have had the best summer booking our rides! I even got TSMM, ToT and ST for Labor Day! Final Fireworks until May! It's been great being able to get these!

This website shows FP availability : http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=10123554&postcount=1

The ones shown on that page are really the only ones that are iffy on any given day. Of the ones mentioned in the posts above, the only one that's tough to get at times is TSMM, but that's showing availability at one week out right now.

I'm happy you were able to book the rides you wanted. I just would hate for someone to think they had to be lucky to book a FP for Splash. It's not unusual to be able to book the rides listed in the posts above, even with short notice.

I just went in to MDE and was able to do the same for tomorrow afternoon! It has nothing to do with luck and everything to do with capacity. The high capacity rides don't typically sell out.

Alas FOF, MSEP, A&E, 7DMT, and Wishes were all distributed for a party of 4. Of course, if I decided to ditch the family, I could ride 7DMT tomorrow from 9:40-10:40 and meet A&E from 5-6. Only one slot available for each, and no alternative times open.

My guess is we can add The a frozen ride to that list in the spring, followed by Soarin over the World, and Rivers of
Light.

We were at Disney last Labor Day weekend. We rode TSMM SB twice in the afternoon, once with a 20 minute wait and the other with a 25 minute wait. We walked on ToT and rode Star Tours 11 times in two days, 8 of those in the SB lane, and twice when we used FP+ we actually wound up behind those in SB because the second FP+ checkpoint slowed us down. LOL!

Although for busy days during Summer you sometimes get stuck with a nighttime Splash time if you wait too long.
I don't consider that "stuck". That view of the castle when it is lit as you come crest the hill is magnificent. Nighttime might be the best time to ride Splash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter