I miss Disney :( Let's go again! A September 2012 PTR - updated 9/10

Before I start this post, let me just say that I spend 30 minutes on hold with Comcast because my internet wasn't working. I was about to have a coronary because I hate Comcast, but when I was finally connected, she told me to check the power source and my router wasn't plugged in. :rolleyes2 Gah I'm such an idiot...anywho...

We got some exciting news today - we got selected to try Fastpass Plus!! I was disappointed when we didn't get selected by email (I saw people posting about it), but I checked my mail today and this was in it:

IMG_2086.jpg

Woohoo! So I logged onto the website and put in our code, and the only days available were September 22, 23rd and 24th. We leave at 9:00am on the 23rd, so the last two days were out. September 22nd was our DHS/Epcot day. Soooo I called customer service to see if I could have an earlier day, and he told me his supervisor would call me back. But then I started thinking about how I wanted to see Wishes on our last day anyway sooo I changed some plans. Here they are:

Old -
Thursday 9/20- We were originally going to MK this evening, no ADRs and no plans other than see Wishes and MSEP.
Saturday 9/22 - Originally going to Epcot around 4:30 after being at DHS, ADR at Via Napoli and squeezing in lots of rides.

New -
Thursday 9/20 - We'll head to Epcot after our morning in MK and our pool time, again around 4:30. I was able to score a 6:20 ADR at Le Chefs de France- I'm actually really looking forward to it, the menu looks fantastic and there is a *tinnnny* chance that we may see Remy!
Saturday 9/22 - We'll go to MK around 4:30 to use our Fastpass Plus attractions (which I'll list below)....then we'll be able to see Wishes and MSEP on our last night, and the park is open later - perfect!

So when you log in you can select 4 attractions - 2 from 2 different sets. I'm assuming one "set" is the more premium attractions and the second "set" is not-so-popular attractions.

From set 1 we could pick from:
BTTMR
Buzz
MSEP (no longer available - said "standby available")
Peter Pan
Space
Splash
Princess M&G
Wishes
From that set we picked Wishes and Splash!

From the second set you could pick from:
Dream come True Parade (again, only "standby available")
Dumbo
Haunted Mansion
Philharmagic
Barnstormer
Pooh
Mickey & Minnie M&G
From this set we picked Haunted Mansion & Mickey and Minnie M&G!

Next they set up a bunch of times - we chose the following:
Splash 5:25-6:25
Haunted Mansion 6:25-7:25
Mickey & Minnie M&G 7:25-8:25
Wishes 8:30-8:55

I'm especially excited about Wishes! They said the viewing area is in front of the Plaza, which according to this map (found on here somewhere):

MK-Wishes-BE-Noodle_062409.jpg

Is a great place to be! We won't have to wait and from what I read, there is plenty of room, the view is great and there are PP photographers around. Yay! Also, we'll watch the later parade (at 10:00), so hopefully the park will be cleared out a little bit and we can grab a good seat.

They said they will mail us our FPs before we leave, so hopefully we get them before Friday!! If we don't get them, we can pick them up when we check into ME.

Whew, what an exciting update - I can't wait to be part of these tests and get some free FPs :cool1:

How cool! i keep checking my email to see if we get picked. I dont know which days they are doing it tho. Im also checking our mail for our photopass plus package so maybe i will get two goodies? one cam wish right? lol

disprincessesmom1012 said:
How cool! i keep checking my email to see if we get picked. I dont know which days they are doing it tho. Im also checking our mail for our photopass plus package so maybe i will get two goodies? one cam wish right? lol

I *think* that it's everyone checking in from 9/18 to 9/24 and using ME...the only reason we got picked was because we are doing a split stay and our check in for the 2nd part is 9/21. Check your mail!

Awesome!!!! I'm still pretty bummed that I didn't get picked....and we'll be there the exact dates that they're testing!!!! (18-25th)

As for your new plans.....we're going to overlap!!! We'll be at Epcot on the 20th in the evening and we'll be at MK on the 22nd in the evening. We also want to see MSEP and Wishes that night.

I am SO jealous. IDK how they choose who gets to use the prefastpass but we didnt get selected even though we are using ME and staying 15-23 sigh...

tiink3rbella said:
I am SO jealous. IDK how they choose who gets to use the prefastpass but we didnt get selected even though we are using ME and staying 15-23 sigh...

I think you have to be checking in on the 18th or later...the second part of our stay we check in on the 21st

Dancegrl624 said:
Awesome!!!! I'm still pretty bummed that I didn't get picked....and we'll be there the exact dates that they're testing!!!! (18-25th)

As for your new plans.....we're going to overlap!!! We'll be at Epcot on the 20th in the evening and we'll be at MK on the 22nd in the evening. We also want to see MSEP and Wishes that night.

Weird that you didn't get picked if you check in on the 18th!! You should ask the people at the ME desk when you arrive to check your reservation....it was my understanding that everyone checking in from the 18th to the 25th and using ME was chosen. But I could be wrong!!

Weird that you didn't get picked if you check in on the 18th!! You should ask the people at the ME desk when you arrive to check your reservation....it was my understanding that everyone checking in from the 18th to the 25th and using ME was chosen. But I could be wrong!!

It's not for everyone. It's a random selection.

Loving your PTR!! Your plans sound great and can't wait to hear how your trip goes!! I enjoyed reading about your "for-Disney" purchases and homemade goodies as well!! The binder you have is very much something I also do before each trip!! Though it's not as pretty looking...nor probably as organized as your's! Haha! The next one will be though, now that we will have our little one in tow for her first trip (she will be 15 mos)! Looking forward to reading more!

Loving your PTR!! Your plans sound great and can't wait to hear how your trip goes!! I enjoyed reading about your "for-Disney" purchases and homemade goodies as well!! The binder you have is very much something I also do before each trip!! Though it's not as pretty looking...nor probably as organized as your's! Haha! The next one will be though, now that we will have our little one in tow for her first trip (she will be 15 mos)! Looking forward to reading more!

Thank you for following - and welcome to the DIS! pixiedust:

I am already looking forward to the day when I can bring my first child to Disney!

Only FIVE days to go until we get to WDW! :woohoo::woohoo:! I am sooo excited, although I know this is going to be the longest 5 days ever! I am done planning outfits...PJs and bathing suits are packed...just need to do laundry tomorrow and pack the remainder of my clothes.

We bought tickets for Finding Nemo in 3D for Friday night!! It will be an exciting way to get ready for vacation the next day, and we're dragging DH and my sister's DBF along for the ride :thumbsup2

We've made a few small plan changes - we got a 5:00pm ADR for Les Chefs, so we SHOULD see Remy if he comes out at 5:20, like I've read. Jess is particularly excited about this :yay: Also, we're now planning on seeing Wishes on Sunday night in the park (rather than at ToTW Lounge), Fantasmic on Monday night during DHS EMH (they added a showing at 9:30 - probably will be much less crowded!). On Wednesday we'll head to ToTW Lounge after grabbing at CS at DHS...that way we'll get to start & finish our trip with Wishes, then of course we'll see Wishes again with our Fastpass+! Can you tell we love Wishes??

The main point of this post - snacks! I am an avid snacker, and I'm proud to say I have a "must eat" food/snack list for each park.

Here are the snacks I want to try in each park...obviously I won't fit all these in but I can try :yay:

MK - Dole Whip (never had one!), Sweet Cream Cheese pretzel, homemade ice cream sandwiches, cinnamon roll from MS Bakery, waffle sandwiches w/fruit & nutella. I would also like to try the corn dog nuggets from Casey's and the shrimp basket from CHH

DHS - Any cupcake from Starring Rolls, Carrot Cake Cookie, Mac & Cheese hotdog (this sounds fantastic!), hot dog w/pretzel roll (Min & Bills)

AK - Cupcake from Kusafari, jalepeno pretzel, Flame Tree

Epcot - Salted caramel square & caramel popcorn from Karamel Kuche,; S'mores Brownie from Sunshine Season; croissant, eclair, chocolate mosse from the Boulangerie; Cinnamon sugar pretzel from Promenade refreshments, GG or Grand Marnier slush, Margarita flight from La Cava

TL/BB - Mini donuts!!

Downtown Disney - Mickey rice krispie treat from Goofy's, frosting and brownie sandwich from EoS

I've been thinking of these snacks for a while now popcorn:: Looks like I have a lot of eating to do!!

Tomorrow is online check in for AKL - I'll let you all know how it goes!

I love Disney snacks!! Dole whips are a must and I try to eat as many as I can! :rotfl: I totally forgot about the waffle sandwiches...need one of those!!! They were working on the caramel shop in Germany on our last trip and I can't wait to check it out. Yum!

Well my loyal readers, it is time for this lovely PTR to come to an end. In just 60 short hours (who's counting??), I will be taking off for WDW!! Bags are packed except for a few last minute toiletry items...just have to make a trip to the salon for a mani/pedi/wax & get some cash. Here's to hoping these last two days of work pass quickly!! Friday night we are seeing Finding Nemo in 3D as a way to kick off of trip.

Thank you to all of those who read and to anyone who's leaving at the same time or during my trip - HAVE FUN!! I've really enjoyed talking to all of you and I hope you'll follow me onto my TR when I return - I'll post the link here.

Goodbye for now! pixiedust:

Enjoy Nemo! The mani/pedi sounds nice! Looks like i'll be doing my own at home after all the Dr./ER bills i've racked up in the last week.. not to mention missing work! Oh well, WE'RE ALMOST THERE!! And we'll see you down there maybe!! I'll be the one walking realllyyy slow!

It has been fun following your PTR. Hope you have a wonderful, magical trip and who knows, maybe we'll cross paths while we're there! pixiedust:

Hello everyone! We are unfortunately back from a very magical trip - We've been back since Sunday and trying unsuccessfully to adjust to the real world. I'm hoping to start my TR either tonight or tomorrow night - I took over 700 pictures plus more than 250 on PP (with edits) so its going to take me a while to sort through everything. This was my favorite trip yet and it was so fantastic, I can't wait to share it with all of you! I'll post a link here as soon as I start.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter