i miss bear and the big blue house!!!

Yeah, I heard Bear was leaving the show in the rehab. That is such a bummer. My 3 year old son LOVES Bear and we don't even get the Disney Channel. We have the Bear and the Potty on VHS and it is still his favorite video even though he's been potty trained for quite awhile.
I am so disappointed that he won't be able to see the enourmous bear on stage! And Luna! She was so pretty in that show.

I miss Bear too!! I thought I was the only one who loved that show. I actually watched it alot before my son was even thought of. It was cute and funny without being cheesy. Maybe one day Bear can make a come back!!!

I miss "Out of the Box". My son was 3 when we watched that show together - and he and I would always sing the last song...

"So Long, Farewell, to you, my friend,
It's time to go, until we meet again.
It's been great to play and sing together,
and now it's time to say good bye... (little hand clapping part.)
So Long, Farewell, to you my friend,
It's time to go, until we meet again.
It's time to go, until we meet again."

Right around that time, my son's grandfather died. At the funeral, they asked if anyone wanted to say anything. Without any prompting, my DS3 volunteered to go up, and he sang that song to his grandfather -- he even paused to make the little hand clap part. There was not a dry eye in the house. :sad:

Oh my goodness, that made me cry. :sad1: How sweet!

A lot of the younger kids don't know who Bear, Roly Poly Olie, or Stanley are. So, I guess it was time to re-do it. My kids will love the new characters! But, I can see why Bear will be missed!

It's funny, since up here in Canada "Playhouse Disney" was launched by Astra Media at the end of 2007. Bear comes on every night (I think it's 7 or 7:30pm), and it's a perfect end to the day.

I can see why the stage show at the Studios needed a change - since really the big players are MMCH, MFT&P, and Handy Manny - it was time to bring it up to speed for the new "little" kids!

Me, personally? I shall miss Bear. I have thought about buying the DVDs through Ebay one day.

My 2 year old? He had no clue who Bear was at Playhouse Disney- nor really Stanley or the others. The new PHD- he'll absolutely LOVE. He loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and the other shows they've incorporated into it.

now my oldest is 15 ..She used to watch puzzle place and the voice of leon I think was bear:angel: . Yes I do miss bear my youngest is 4.:grouphug:

ot
dose anyone else have a child that watched puzzle place..
do you think leon was bear?

OMG! We used to love the Puzzle Place, but I can't remember which one was Leon. I had totally forgotten about this show, but my oldest loved it. She also used to watch Out of the Box. One of the little kids on that has been in several movies including "are we there yet". My kids were yelling at the screen "that's the girl from Out of the Box!" then laughing that they were probably the only ones who remembered that show!!

Funny, this is the kind of thing I usually pick up on, the voices of characters that are the same. Bear has a great voice and I really liked the show. My kids were not crazy for it. My favorite was the blue mouse!

We loved those shows too!

I miss him too!

My girls are now 7.5 & 6.

My 6 yo still watches the Christmas video over and over again. She can't get enough of it (yes all year long lol).

A lot of the younger kids don't know who Bear, Roly Poly Olie, or Stanley are. So, I guess it was time to re-do it. My kids will love the new characters! But, I can see why Bear will be missed!

Ditto! I thought bear was very cute, but my kids have NO clue who he is. So this new show will be perfect for my kids. But I understand the sadness for the older kids and the adults too!

I miss Bear too! My DD's were all potty trained to the toileteers song. DH hated it! We went to Bear Live when it came around and my girls were beside themselves. I have tried to upgrade all my tapes to DVD's but I don''t think they have released them all. I would love to have the Christmas and Thanksgiving one on DVD! We have all the characters in plush form too. I worked for the Disney STore when Bear was hot and we have clothes and toys that are still favorites. I agree that the show needed updating but surely Bear could have a cameo.
My favorite song was the one that SHadow sang about the Go to Sleep my otters and my mouse ?? I have just started watching the Dvds with DD14 months.
Time for a new bear fan in our family!

is this were toy story mania is going now?

No. It's still "Playhouse Disney", but the show has changed to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, Little Einsteins, and My Friends Tigger and Pooh. They've updated the show, since the older characters, like Bear in the Big Blue House, aren't on Playhouse Disney anymore.

We saw the new show on opening day...it was cute, but we prefer the old show with Bear.

now my oldest is 15 ..She used to watch puzzle place and the voice of leon I think was bear:angel: . Yes I do miss bear my youngest is 4.:grouphug:

ot
dose anyone else have a child that watched puzzle place..
do you think leon was bear?

I have never watched Puzzle Place, but I looked up the actor who does the voice for Bear (Noel MacNeal), and he is listed as the voice for Leon on that show. If you google him, he did several others as well ;)

I miss Bear, DS5 was also a "toileteer", our copy of Potty Time was very well played. Even now he occasionally asks to see it. We haven't done the Playhouse Disney show too often though, even though we have APs and go "The World" alot, since my son does not like the studios. I am patiently waiting for Toy Story mania, hoping it will be a big enough draw for him to want to go more often.

I was very disappointed to hear that Bear is no longer part of the Playhouse show at DHS (MGM). I also heard that the parade that he's in is also ending so we'll be out of luck for our trip in April.

If anybody cares to start a bring back Bear campaign, let me know!

Catherine

While my 2 yo ds has never really watched the Bear in the big blue house show...his lovey is a little mini bear in the big blue house plush. We were in Disney store one day when they had the little mini bear plush and he reached out for it, and held on to it and we bought it for him and ever since then, they have been inseparable. Bear also came to WDW in August with us last year, and ds got very excited to see Bear at Playhouse Disney and also the parade..he would scream.."Look...my bear! my bear!!!"....

I LOVE Puzzle Place! My oldest, DS is 13 and he used to love that show. I remember taping a lot of the episodes, so I bet I have them on some VHS tapes somewhere! I need to dig them out (and problably "dust" them off!) so my DD5 can watch them! It was such a great show to teach children diversity and interpersonal skills! You would think that they would revive the concept! :lovestruc

It is sad that Bear's gone! I remember watching all those shows with my DS (who will be 9 in 2 weeks:sad1: ) We always watched Bear, Out of the Box, Stanley, Rolie Polie Olie and PB & J Otter!! Where has time gone!?

It is sad that Bear's gone! I remember watching all those shows with my DS (who will be 9 in 2 weeks:sad1: ) We always watched Bear, Out of the Box, Stanley, Rolie Polie Olie and PB & J Otter!! Where has time gone!?

Are all of those shows gone?:confused: I was just looking for Bear In The Big Blue House today after my 8 year old son left for school. We use to watch all of those shows together too. Please tell me Stanley isn't gone! Wow... come to think of it I haven't seen any of those shows in a long time. Where has the time gone?:confused3

I was very disappointed to hear that Bear is no longer part of the Playhouse show at DHS (MGM). I also heard that the parade that he's in is also ending so we'll be out of luck for our trip in April.

If anybody cares to start a bring back Bear campaign, let me know!

Catherine

Bring Bear Back, Bring Bear Back, Bring Bear Back................::yes::

We MISS & LOVE Bear also! My kids always watched Bear over and over again. We could spend all day watching Playhouse Disney back then. Now they are DD8 and DS6. They still watch it at times with the newer shows, but we have graduated to Hannah Montana, Zach & Cody, etc for the most part.
Bear will always remain close in our hearts - he will truly be missed!!!!

I miss Bear, too, or maybe I just miss my daughter being that age and watching it together. My kids still watch the tape of Bear's Halloween and Thanksgiving every year. Yes, I miss that age.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter