I messed up, will they still accept it?

dsilva51

Mouseketeer
I was able to grab a dinner for the Cape May buffet for an 8 pm seating on 8/24 well, I kept going back in and out that it automatically put it to 2 people and I'm a party of 5. What should I do? I NEED this reservation as it's my hubby's birthday. I didn't realize it until I confirmed it. Will they take us?

The same thing happened for me at Park Fare. I didnt want to take a chance and go there and be disappointed they couldnt seat us, so I cancelled it. You could keep trying back for 5 or you can try to make another reservation there for 3 at the exact same time. Then asked to be seated together. Getting to the restaurant and turning a party of 2 to 5 is quite a difference....

Good Luck!

The same thing happened for me at Park Fare. I didnt want to take a chance and go there and be disappointed they couldnt seat us, so I cancelled it. You could keep trying back for 5 or you can try to make another reservation there for 3 at the exact same time. Then asked to be seated together. Getting to the restaurant and turning a party of 2 to 5 is quite a difference....

Good Luck!

OOH! That's a good idea! I didn't think of that! I'm going to keep it for know.

You'd be going from a table for two to a table for six. So yeah, it'd be a big deal. They may or may not seat you, especially if it's during the free dining period.

What should I do? I NEED this reservation as it's my hubby's birthday.

Because you want this reservation badly, I would keep checking online several times a day for a party of 5 (or 6). If you're not successful, you can continue checking with the concierge when you get to DisneyWorld.

A PP suggested that you could try for a second reservation for 3, but then you would be hoping that 2 adjacent tables open up simultaneously.

At least you're trying for a restaurant at a resort so that's easier than one in a park. I hope you'll be able to celebrate your husband's birthday at Cape May.

Good luck

You might also want to try calling up Disney Dining instead of looking on-line. For my upcoming trip, a party of four became a party of six and I had to update all of my ADRs. There were several that I could not update on-line, but when I called, I was able to change the ADRs with no problem (or maybe a difference of five to 10 minutes with the time). Good luck!

Good Luck!

I would be very careful about this idea. I have booked dining with party increases before. They will tell you that they will not guarantee that your tables are together. In fact, with it being a seperate resi, what is linking the two together so that the CMs will even know before you get there? I would think it could create a long wait time at the least? It could work out, but what if it doesn't? The suggestion to keep trying sounds the best to me. People cancel all the time. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

If it is not showing availability for a party of 5, try for a party of 6. The WDW computer system has an issue with odd sized parties such as 3 and 5. We tried to get 1900 Park Fare for 5 and there was no availability all night, the CM on the dining line strongly suggested that we "find" an extra person real quick, such as a baby that is free anyway as that would really open things up. I said oh yeah we are 6, and and she laughed and said then the restauarant is wide open the entire night, what time would you like your reservation. We went from not being able to eat there, to being able to pick any time we wanted.

If it is not showing availability for a party of 5, try for a party of 6. The WDW computer system has an issue with odd sized parties such as 3 and 5. We tried to get 1900 Park Fare for 5 and there was no availability all night, the CM on the dining line strongly suggested that we "find" an extra person real quick, such as a baby that is free anyway as that would really open things up. I said oh yeah we are 6, and and she laughed and said then the restauarant is wide open the entire night, what time would you like your reservation. We went from not being able to eat there, to being able to pick any time we wanted.

I agree. Some of our reservations are for a party of two, and for others, I added our one year old to make a party of three just so I could find availability, or vice versa. (Although, I would rather have a table for four so that her high chair will actually be at the table instead of jutting out in an aisle. Disney crams tables on top of each other at every restaurant, and most tables for two simply don't accommodate two adults and a high chair.)

I was able to grab a dinner for the Cape May buffet for an 8 pm seating on 8/24 well, I kept going back in and out that it automatically put it to 2 people and I'm a party of 5. What should I do? I NEED this reservation as it's my hubby's birthday. I didn't realize it until I confirmed it. Will they take us?

I just got off the online adr @WDW. Hurry and get in now. I found 5pp @8:10pm on 8/24 available....

So you grabbed the table, right?? :flower3: I am so happy that I can help.

It was meant to be! I did get it! I'm over the moon! This is his favorite restaurant in Disney and would eat there every night if we could! I'm hoping to score it for another night that we are there. Thanks again sooooo much!

It was meant to be! I did get it! I'm over the moon! This is his favorite restaurant in Disney and would eat there every night if we could! I'm hoping to score it for another night that we are there. Thanks again sooooo much!

That's so sweet that this worked out! I hope your hubby has a great time:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter