I may have to "downgrade" my resort...help me feel better!

Does that rate include some kind of package with tickets? Usually the WL is only about $129-149 or so per night with a discount code. Sometimes even less! :)

I also had to switch resorts due to finances. We were originally at the Contemporary but are now staying at Pop Century in mid-April. At first I was distressed, but then we all realized that we spend very little time in our rooms or at the resorts. We are park people, from the the minute they open until they close! And my kids also can't wait to see this new resort. We just close our eyes and remember that no matter where you stay, you're visiting the happiest place in the world!

Since I still get to stay at WL in Dec. for dd's birthday, I don't feel like I'll be missing out on anything, and with our group (right now at about 25 people) mostly staying at PC, the logistics of getting together will be much easier...I don't plan on going over to the WL for any meals, (and this may sound crazy) because I don't want to see it until I can stay there! I just don't think I would be able to make myself leave, lol! Anyway, I still get a weekend at WL, just not in August....and I will have enough spending money to do whatever the family wants to do. That is my main concern at this point, since I invited them, I don't want to have to say "No, you guys go ahead, we can't do that" The point of all of us going is to be together (though not all the time, lol) and I just feel like a big weight has been lifted knowing that we'll have enough spending money to do whatever. So, I guess I need to change my countdown timer, if only I knew how! I'll have two trips to countdown!:)

Wilderness Lodge is a great deluxe resort. And Pop Century is a totally far out value resort. Either way, both are fun, and moth are magical, each in their own ways. I'm sure you wil love both. :)

One good thing about chosing Pop Century is the savings in money. If you're careful, you might even save so much, that you'll have some left over for your 2nd trip to WL later in the year.

That's the plan! We're buying 7 day PHP for the trip in August, so we figure we'll have a couple of days left on those for Dec. Also, I'm planning on putting down the deposit for Dec. out of the tax money since I don't have but $100 left to pay on the room at PC. So, I'll have lots of spending money plus my deposit made. Can't wait to meet you Tyler! We'll be there for 8 days, and there will be A LOT of us!

I too had to "downgrade" my hotels for our trip this past Nov. I had planned for a year ahead of time and our plan was to stay at the POLY for 3 nites, the Contemporary for 2 nites, and the BC for 4 nites.....well when the AP rates finally came out none were available for any of my hotels.....so I was working with Jean from Your Magical Journeys (she's great) anyway she could get me all 9 nites at the YC concierge for 269.00 per nite....I said OK and booked that....very excited as I have never stayed concierge before.....We have stayed at POR, CBR, Cont,WL,AKL. Never stayed at a Value resort....well anyway unexpected things happen (I needed a new furnace) so I could not afford to do all 9 nights at the YC concierge.....now what? I spoke with Jean and she suggested the All stars....I was a little apprehensive about staying there as there are four of us, my 2 DD are teenagers, I thought it would be too small, but I went ahead and booked the ASMo for 7 nights and kept 2 nights at the YC concierge....just could not say no to at least a few nights.......I thought we really were going to be disappointed in the All stars but I have to say I loved the place, at check in the CM was from our home state and very nice to us she got us a room that was ready, it was noontime....all of my requests were granted I wanted 3rd floor, Dalmation bldg. in the back.....we had every one granted, and it was nice and quiet back there. The room was larger than I expected....we had room for all our luggage.....the food court was great, the bus service was fine, the theme of the hotel is really great.....we loved it to say the least!!!! What a delightful surprise....of course the 2 nights at the YC concierge were delightful in there own way....So it's true each hotel is unique in it's own way and we like each one we've stayed at for different reasons....we have never been disappointed. I would not hesitate to stay at a Value hotel again....

Since you still have quite a bit a time before your vacation you may want to consider getting annual passes instead of 7 day PHP. Im not sure what the prices are now but it may only be $50 a person and this will give you a valid excuse to go back again, and again and again. Also in the past if you have an annual pass there have been discounts on rooms . We just returned from PC and got 2 room for $984 including tax with our ap discount. There is no guarantee that discounts will be available the dates you want or on the resort you choose. A nice thing with the AP is that if you only want to go to the park for 1/2 day your not wasting 1 day of your pass. A new list of the discounts should be coming out for 2004. In the past there have been several places you get discounts on restaraunts also. This will also help you out on your second vacation in dec. Maybe with the money you save from booking PC and if you can afford the time you can extend your vacation in Dec. My family has tried to stay at a different hotel each time and we have enjoyed each one. We had stayed at WL at Christmas time and the resort is magnificent. What we've come to realize is that we stay in our room basically to sleep. There are times we come back in the middle of the day to rest or swim. So for us , we prefer to get a good room at a decent price which allows us to be able to go several times a year and do about anything we want. (still budgeting) PC is a great resort not only for kids but for us adults also. You and your family should have a great time regardless of where you go. Who knows maybe after your visit in Aug to PC you'll want to book it for Dec too. Have a great time!! Hope I haven't confused you more.

Hi, here's a comparison of hopper and annual passes. I believe that the break even point for a regular annual pass (doesn't include waterparks, Disney Quest or Pleasure Island) is 8 days and I think that the break even point for a premium annual pass (includes the above) is 11 days. And that's not counting the restaurant discounts and possible hotel discounts. Here's a link to allears:

http://tinyurl.com/2fw5q

My original plan was to get us all AP's, but as of now it's just not in the budget. It's going to cost us about $900 for passes as it is, and I just don't think I can swing the cost of an AP right now. Maybe in a couple of years, when we get some things paid off and the house fixed up the way we want it. Right now furniture, carpet, etc. are more important! I would love to have an AP, and I know that only one person has to have one to get discounted room rates, I just can't do it right now....But don't think I haven't thought about it!;) We got preferred view at PC, so I only owe about $100 on the room anyway, we've made a few payments already, so I'm happy to have it paid for. Now all I need are tickets and spending money!

I just checked the rates listed for 2003 AP rates which may increase, adults $392.99 and child $334.41 includes tax. If you buy a 7 day php in advance its $326.97 and $263.07 which would be approx. $200 more for AP passes. There may be other places you can purchase tickets cheaper but I'm not familiar with them. I'm assuming your paying around $80 per night for PC room. If you are able to purchase an Ap pass and get the discounted room rates you would be ahead of the game. I believe the Disney store sells Ap and if you can budget like you have to pay off most of your room already you may be able to get the 3 Ap passes also. Then you will be able to use your pass every day for an entire year. There should also be a substantial savings for changing from WL to PC. You may also save some money by not getting preffered view. I believe that your room faces a swimming pool, or courtyard instead of parking lot or woods. You may want to get a preferred room at AKL or WL where there is something of substance to view such as the animals, geyser etc. Remember that at those resorts the rooms come with balconies to see these special views. You may want to check into PC to see what the difference is, maybe it is worth the additional money. You may find out that you open your drapes to enjoy your view and you see everyone walking by and have no privacy, its not worth it. The important thing here is that you do what you and your family will enjoy. I hope I'm helping and not causing you stress .We just love Disney and I enjoy planning to get the most I can for the money we have available.

WL was my dream resort too. Had always stayed at moderates so was thrilled when we were going to stay at WL. Didn't really care for it for several reasons and won't go back. Sometimes your dream resort really isn't. We're trying Pop this time too. I'd rather use money on other things since we are more park people too.

I'm planning to get my tickets from ticketmania.com and they will come to about $880 for the 3 of us...AP's for the 3 of us would be about $1400, since I would get the PAP's for the water parks since we spend a lot of time there. My room at PC is paid for, so no more budgeting for that, thank goodness. I will still get to go to WL in Dec., so I'm o.k. with staying at PC in August. Plus, there's no guarantee that you get the AP rates even if you have one...you have to be a fast and furious phone dialer to get them, from what I've had friends experience, and then you may get them for your dates, you may just get a couple of days during your stay, or you may not get them at all....Since that is the case, and they aren't guaranteed, I really can't bear the expense of them at this time. Since I am the one who invited the ENTIRE family down for this trip, I want to have ample funds to have a good time with them, because for most of them this will be a once in a lifetime trip. I know I will be going back, and I know an AP is in my future, just not my recent future!

HI!!! I was just reading your post about new furniture, carpet,etc being more important. I just had to laugh. If you saw my place!!!!! Well, it has MUCH improved since my dad gave us living room furniture (finally got rid of the infamous back leather couch from way back) and we painted. Our living room is now livable. But the kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!! To see our kitchen you would truly wonder at us just having spent 2K at WDW and five other trips in the works for this year. I do have a plan, though. When I am done with grad school and working, I will redo my kitchen, baths, get new furniture and still have plenty to go to WDW. We all have those things in life that command our attention....

Right now I am considering downgrading myself. After seeing the AP rates for May for last year, I am seriously considering switching from BC to a moderate! CSR here I come!

I know exactly how you feel! We are slowly getting our furniture together, and have done a lot to our house so far, but the carpet HAS to go...it's dirty and the people who lived here before, well, lets just say they had animals that weren't very well trained. I've steam cleaned it myself, but I just can't stand it much longer. We ripped up most of it, in the living room, the hallway, and my dd's room and put down hardwood floors, but there's still some of it in the spare bedroom and my room. I'd much rather go to WDW, but I have to live here, and it stinks! lol Anyway, we've only been here for 3 yrs. so I guess I've gotten a lot accomplished considering 2003 was the first year we haven't been to WDW, even though we did do a long weekend at US/IOA ( we have AP's there though) there's still so much I want to do! and with dh's whole family coming down for this reunion, it will be the first time they've seen our house, some of them the first time they've ever visited Savanah at all, and I just don't want them to think we live like slobs or something! The furniture can wait, but the mauve carpet....that's another story!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter