• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I made these Mickey Head Ornaments and tree topper!~Share what you've made.

So I was bored tonight and thought I'd make a new Tee Shirt using Microsoft Word... Hope you all think it's funny!

MickeyMoustercard.jpg

These are so cute! Another trip to Hobby Lobby.. I just went yesterday and bought a garland (50% off) to make a mickey head wreath.

hahah! i always wonder how many people on the DIS have a DISNEY tree!!!

I do I do!
I wish but all our Disney ornaments husband considers his and go on the big tree with his whole hodgepodge collection with no theme whatsoever...

Those ornaments are amazing.....

My daughter and I started ours tonight!! I decided to use acrylic paint. Spray paint was $7!!!!! So the first layer is drying. I will then make garland to go around a door frame. Can't wait till it is finished!!!

We will be spending Christmas at WDW :woohoo: so I made a few things for our room. I plan on putting up a tabletop tree.
DSCN0365.jpg
Tree Topper
DSCN0366.jpg
ornaments

DSCN0364.jpg
Tree skirt
DSCN0363.jpg
Wall hanging for in the widow or on the door.

We will be spending Christmas at WDW :woohoo: so I made a few things for our room. I plan on putting up a tabletop tree.
DSCN0365.jpg
Tree Topper
DSCN0366.jpg
ornaments

DSCN0364.jpg
Tree skirt
DSCN0363.jpg

Very Cute!

we'll be there the same time- good idea,small enough to pack in suitcase. i love the candycane wall hanging.

DSCN0365.jpg
Tree Topper
DSCN0366.jpg
ornaments

DSCN0364.jpg
Tree skirt
DSCN0363.jpg

Great job on all of these! Can you share how you made the ornaments - they look mirrored? Also, please share how you made the wall hanging - I love this!!! Thanks.

I just have to let you know that my class made a Disney tree using your ideas for our class auction. It was the cutest thing; I actually wanted to keep it. It sold for $500.00, so it went over well. I think I will have to make one for my house!

Great job on all of these! Can you share how you made the ornaments - they look mirrored? Also, please share how you made the wall hanging - I love this!!! Thanks.

Sure my pleasure.

For the ornaments... I bought a package of the balls that had the 2 different sizes in them. They came with the plastic mirror pieces already on them. I cut a wooden skewer and applied glue to each end and placed an end in each ball. I then just looped a piece of pipe cleaner, applied glue and stick it in the top. Very simple, the hardest part was placing the ears evenly. :laughing:

For the wall hanging: Again I got the pieces (ornaments)at Hobby Lobby. The "head" came by itself and the ears came in a package together. After figuring where to place the "ears", I took an awl and made holes in the seam of the "ears" and the head. Since these are ornaments they have the a hanger top so I positioned them to be facing outside. I did the same thing with wooden skewers like I did with the ornaments. I also applied glue where the ornaments touched. The head ornament came with a stick so I made a bow and attached it to the stick. I then took some cording and tied an end to each of the hanger tops. Once glued this will need to sit for several hours so the glue has a chance to set. I suggest using a heavy duty glue on this.

I hope these instructions are easy to understand. I'm not always good at describing how to do things. :rolleyes1

DSCN0365.jpg
Tree Topper
DSCN0366.jpg
ornaments

DSCN0364.jpg
Tree skirt
DSCN0363.jpg

love them. How did you make the tree skirt?

DSCN0365.jpg
Tree Topper
DSCN0366.jpg
ornaments

DSCN0364.jpg
Tree skirt
DSCN0363.jpg

Your ideas are fantanstic! Love the candycane mickey head! I have to try something like that! Thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter