• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I made these Mickey Head Ornaments and tree topper!~Share what you've made.

The original OP's heads look glittery? Is that just an illusion from the metallic paint or the styrofoam or both? Or did you actually use glitter too?

thanks!
Heather

The first pics are just using the metallic paint. I think the make up of the styrofoam makes it look glittery. I did use a red glitter spray paint and I will try and find those pics for you.

Be right back..........

These are AMAZING, I am doing a tree swap at BCV and I wanted to do disney ornament but they are a bit expensive, these will be perfect, off to Michaels and AC Moore,
Thanks!!!

These are absolutely beautiful. The first thing that popped in my head was, "these would make awesome decorations for a Disney themed wedding."
:cheer2:

I love these! Great idea OP!
Think I may have to take a trip to Joanns or Michaels this week to pick up some supplies. The kids would love to have these on our tree. Thanks so much for posting!

Cute!!!!!

I think I can do that!

My tree is strictly red and gold with tons of glitter so I think I can adapt them to my theme easy enough.

Fabulous Monica!

I know someone probably else asked, but does a glue gun melt the styrofoam? What about low heat glue guns. How do you firmly attach a hanger-thingy?

I'll read back...these details I'm sure were mentioned already :rolleyes:

Wendy if you don't find your answers just pm me.

I even found just using toothpicks was enough to keep them together. But with day care children I thought I'd glue them for extra strength.

You can use ornament hooks and just push them into the styrofoam, but after you put your hanging loop on the hook.:rolleyes1 Or if you have some wire you can cut 3-4inch pieces and make them into U shapes and push those into the styrofoam as well.

I bought styrofoam glue and I used skewers to hold the ears in place. Toothpicks worked on the smaller ones. My mistake saying sticks.

I used ornament hooks. I reshaped them like a bobby pin, put the loop of string through one end, and then pushed the "pin" through the styrofoam at the top of the head. Barely shows. Worked perfectly. Hope that helps.

VIOLA! I didn't know there was special glue. :confused3

I will try these this year! Thanks Monica :hug:

Well, here they are. I just put the year on the back of both of them. I was going to put their last names on the front (gifts for our friends) but, the glitter glue kind of wants to run because of the curved surface. I think they look good like this too.
Also I was the one that used the smooth type styrafoam balls (toothpicks and white glue), gold craft paint, and glitter.

mickornament.jpg

Well, here they are. I just put the year on the back of both of them. I was going to put their last names on the front (gifts for our friends) but, the glitter glue kind of wants to run because of the curved surface. I think they look good like this too.
Also I was the one that used the smooth type styrafoam balls (toothpicks and white glue), gold craft paint, and glitter.

mickornament.jpg

They turned out fabulous!:cool1: :cheer2: :thumbsup2

I hope your friends like, no love them!

Beautiful is all i can say & might have a try at these ready for next year.
Well done everyone:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Thanks to this thread, I gave the Mickey/Minnie Christmas balls a try, too!
I tried to find little Santa hats to glue onto the Mickey head but I couldn't find them anywhere and didn't have time to make it myself...maybe next year.

Here are mine:
JPEG004-2.jpg

A close up
JPEG006.jpg

And here are the 2 with glitter on them...I decided I liked the MH better w/o the glitter so only did 2 of them.
JPEG005.jpg

I apologize if this question has already been answered but what size styrofoam balls did you use of the Mickey head topper?

I just wanted to share how beautiful our tree was at Disney, using these ornaments!! We took a small tree on our honeymoon to Wilderness Lodge and I used these, along with a few other small Disney ornaments. It was AWESOME, and our mousekeeping lady obviously enjoyed it as well, she would put things around it. Thank you again for sharing your idea!!!

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007031.jpg

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007033.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter